“didnt honor the room we had reserved!!!”

Radisson Blu Hotel Bucharest
Ranked #7 of 170 Hotels in Bucharest
Reviewed 14 August 2014

arrived at the hotel after travelling all night, had booked a 2 bedroom apartment through the hotel's website. I was told by the front desk the previous person had decided to stay longer and they werent able to accommodate my reservation. I was shocked to say the least. Spoke with the manager who basically said the same thing. They said they can "upgrade" me to a junior suit in the main hotel. Now I understand there are two sections to the hotel and the main part is nicer than the apartment side but switching my 1200 sqf 2 bedroom apartment for a 500 sqf 1 room to me does not sound like an upgrade. After going back and forth and seeing other available rooms, and being exhausted, I agreed to the downgrade. That aside, the hotel itself is nice and well kept, location is also pretty close to the old town where you will find all bars and restaurants. The breakfast buffet was wonderful with many choices. BE AWARE OF TAXIS. They will try to rip you off. Got a taxi from the airport which the meter was racking up money like no tomorrow. He tried to drop me off before the hotel but I had read about this trick. Always have them drop you off at the hotel door where they are afraid to overcharge due to being caught on hotel's cameras. After insisting to him that he needs to drop me off at the hotel, he didnt try to collect the meter price and just told me the correct price. we did come across an honest taxi cab driver which thankfully we got his phone number and used the entire time we were in Bucharest. He speaks pretty decent english, very knowledgeable and gave us a private tour of the city, and had him join us any time we got hungry. I still have his cell phone number and will put up a picture of him and his business card, he is an actual licensed taxi driver and just a wonderful human being. I cant imagine how many times we would have gotten ripped off by taxis if it wasnt for him. Radu 0760863587 from Bucharest or 01140760863587 from US.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
DanielaDumitrescu, Public Relations Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel Bucharest, responded to this reviewResponded 19 August 2014

First of all we would like to thank you for your review as for us our guests feedback is valuable and the best guideline for improving our services.

I have discussed with the reservations department and, on behalf of our entire team, I apologize for the inconvenient. The apartment was indeed occupied by a guest who decided to extend his stay therefore, as it was not similar suite available within the complex at that time, my colleagues tried to find a solution. We deeply regret if none of the alternatives was in line with your preferences . My colleagues mentioned an upgrade due to the fact that the initial apartment was in the four star wing and the new one was in the five star Radisson Blu Hotel, Bucharest in which unfortunately we did not have a similar 2 bedroom suite available. Therefore they considered it an upgrade from the value point of view but we are sorry that, as much as we tried, we had no similar alternative in terms of size.

Concerning the taxi services with overpriced tariffs, we are aware that unfortunately in Bucharest there are lots of such unreliable companies and even have a close collaboration with the authorities trying to find a solution to keep them far from the hotel. Despite our efforts to protect our guests they still find public areas where we don’t have the right to take action and only Police does. Therefore, because we want to prevent these frauds, we always encourage our guests to ask for help from the Concierge team when they need a taxi. We have such a message posted just at the entrance of the hotel. For your next stays please don’t hesitate to ask my colleagues for more information about our pick up services from the airport and they will be pleased to assist you. You will benefit this way of safe, quality transport services.

Not least , we are happy to read that you enjoyed our Super Breakfast Buffett! Hope that next time we will manage to pleasantly surprise you also with the delicious menus in our 4 restaurants.

Once again we apologize for all inconveniences and we hope that we will have another chance to make it up to you.

We would like to thank you for staying with us and we are looking forward to welcome you again when your travels bring you back in Bucharest!

Kind Regards,
Daniela Dumitrescu

Write a ReviewReviews (2,134)

Reviewed 13 August 2014

Excellent hotel really! Great staff, reasonably good food, excellent pool ( outside) and fitness. Perfect location for visiting the Old Center. And perfect for business. I stayed a couple times now and I really appreciate this hotel. I recommend it for anyone who likes comfort, elegance and accessibility. One suggestion though: manage the situation with the taxis and cars picking up patrons. On my last trip there were lots of cars blocking the traffic, in the morning and afternoon, and it was a real mess. People seem to be extremely honking friendly and it was horrible. And maybe somehow stop taxi drivers parking on the street right in front of the hotel and during the night debating the future of the universe in loud voices?
Otherwise excellent hotel.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business

Thank you for your review and for sharing the experience on tripadvisor.com.

First of all we are happy to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and you are pleased with the quality of our services.

We also thank you for the suggestion concerning the taxi cars in front of the hotel. Must first of all mention that these cars do not belong to our partner taxi company. They are independent taxi drivers with overpriced services. Our security team strives to make them leave but unfortunately as this is a public area only the Police has the right to take action. That is why we send extremely frequent notifications to the authorities hopping for some reliable solutions.

Because we are aware about the issue, we have posted near the entrance a message recommending all our guests to ask support from the Concierge team when ordering a taxi, in order to avoid any fraud and possible unpleasant incident.

On behalf of our entire team I thank you for choosing the Radisson Blu hotel in Bucharest. We are looking forward to welcome you again in our hotel.

Best Regards,

Reviewed 11 August 2014 via mobile

This is one of the best city centre hotels I have stayed at.

The hotel is in the city centre and is approx 15 mins walk to the hive of activity that is the old town - and not too far from any of the main city attractions. During the first few evenings I had noticed a distinct lack of beggars and prostitutes outside the hotel and thought there had been a clampdown, but by the weekend they were back in front of the hotel and to the pavement on the side as you walk to the old town. Depending on your outlook, slightly off-putting or highly convenient outside such a nice hotel.

As you enter, the lobby has the reception to the left and straight ahead is the very fancy bar with surrounding glass floor and underfloor water jets. If I was a goldfish I wouldn't like to get caught up in that water! Looking up from the bar, you see the floors above all looking down to the bar.

The hotel is very large and the main accommodation forms essentially an external courtyard containing the beach-bar type....bar!, a restaurant, pool, sunbeds and the largest jacuzzi I have ever been in. The Jacuzzi borders the indoor pool (large pool) area and excellently furnished gym and fitness area. The changing rooms also have saunas and steam rooms.

I had an unspectacular, but adequate, well furnished room with views over the Hilton and city rooftops. A major plus was that a complimentary business room upgrade was not available, but complimentary business lounge access was given, which meant evening drinks and snacks and breakfast away from the masses. - talking of breakfast, avoid the bacon, it was like grannys old shoe leather. Also, it is quite amusing people watching at breakfast as there do appear to be quite a selection of people still getting to know eachother after only meeting the previous night ( I do hope they turned the meter off!)

Staff are all very pleasant.

I have stayed here in winter and in summer and would recommend this hotel for a stay at any time of the year... and Indeed, I am already booked for October.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends

Thank you for your very kind review, it will be a pleasure to share it with our entire team.

We are happy that we managed to meet your expectations and you enjoyed so much the relaxing facilities of our hotel.

Thank you for choosing our hotel and we look forward to welcome you back in October.

Best wishes,

Reviewed 11 August 2014

I stayed at Radisson Blu during a business meeting. The hotel has a very nice location. The rooms are very clean and the staff is very nice. They also have an outdoor pool. I haven't tried their dinner restaurants but the breakfast was very tasty.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 11 August 2014

In a city not noted for a superfluity of outstanding hotels, the Blu is a modern, well-appointed and comfortable hotel in the heart of the City. It has everything you need for business and leisure alike. Staff are helpful and friendly, prices reasonable, and food good. What you would expect from a chain but well done all the same.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Phil M
DanielaDumitrescu, Public Relations Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel Bucharest, responded to this reviewResponded 12 August 2014

Dear Phil,

Many thanks for taking the time to write this review about your recent stay in our hotel.

We are happy to read that you enjoyed your stay at Radisson Blu Hotel, Bucharest.

Because your feedback is valuable to us and we have noticed the 3 star rating, we would very much appreciate if you could help us at daniela.dumitrescu@radissonblu.com with more details in regards to the points for which the quality of our services was not 100% up to your expectations. Our guests' feedback is valuable to us and represents the main guideline for improving the quality of our services. Therefore your support will be very much appreciated.

Thank you for choosing our hotel and we look forward to welcome you again soon!

Kind Regards

Reviewed 9 August 2014

I stayed at the Radisson for a month and it was a great home away from home. It has everything. The restaurants are great and offer a variety. The breakfast which is included is phenomenal it has everything-an omelet station, fruit, yogurt, breads, cheeses, meats, veggies, cappuccino, fruit juices, tea. The pool is very nice there is an outdoor and indoor. I would recommend if you want to use the pool on weekends-go down and put a towel and something on a chair while you eat breakfast. It gets very crowded! I used the health club which was nice, I even did a few yoga classes while I was there. The instructors were great - one did the class in English for me. The health club, classes and their pool is included with your stay which is a plus. The health club also has a steam room, sauna and hot tub. I also have to compliment the cleaning ladies-they do a great job. My room was always very clean and the turn down service-every night was an added appreciated special touch. Even when I was in the room they would ask if I needed anything. The whole experience was great. The only improvement I would suggest is to monitor the hallways a little more on the busy weekends. There were 2 weekends that were very loud and very late. Doors constantly slamming. Otherwise the hotel is wonderful with everything you need. Wifi is free and very fast.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled solo

Thank you very much for your review!

First of all we are pleased to read we managed to offer you a comfortable stay and you enjoyed our hotel.

We took notice of your comment regarding the noise on the hallways during the weekends and we apologize for the inconvenient. We totally understand how important is for our guests to benefit a quit environment therefore we promise to do our best for such incidents not to happen again.

On behalf of our entire team here, at the Radisson Blu Hotel, Bucharest, we would like to thank you for staying with us and we look forward to welcome you again when your travels bring you back in Bucharest!

Best Regards,

Reviewed 9 August 2014

Perfect hotel at centre of Bucharest. Staff is friendly and all facilities are available like nice pool, good spa several restaurants. All very nicely decorated and spotless clean. I can recommend this hotel to everybody. I am a regular guest in this hotel for over 7 years.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends