“Great Location”

Ranked #10 of 168 Hotels in Bucharest
Del Mar, California
“Great Location”
Reviewed 18 August 2014

The Radisson is only a couple of blocks from the art museum and the Hop On/Off bus. The staff was friendly and helpful except one staff person gave me the wrong electric converter and it shut my hair curler off. My husband left his shirts and they saved them for him a week later. We ate quite often in the Cafe and thought the food was average. Also their price for a gin and tonic was the highest we have paid in any hotel we have stayed in this past month. We didn't use the pool but it looked great.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
DanielaDumitrescu, Public Relations Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel Bucharest, responded to this review, 19 August 2014
Thank you for your review and for sharing the experience on tripadvisor.com.

We are happy to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and on behalf of our entire team I thank you for choosing the Radisson Blu Hotel in Bucharest.

We are looking forward to welcome you again in our hotel.

Kind Regards,
Daniela Dumitrescu

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (284)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Serbian first
  • Turkish first
Richmond, United Kingdom
Reviewed 18 August 2014

This hotel was booked for us and we found the staff helpful in every way. The allocated room smelt of smoke but it was changed for us despite the initial reaction that the hotel was fully booked. We contacted the hotel before our arrival to make hairdresser before our arrival booking and they obliged. We felt this was an excellent choice of the cruise company.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Many thanks for taking the time to leave such a kind review of your most recent visit at the Radisson Blu Hotel, Bucharest.

We are pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay with us .

Thank you for choosing our hotel and we look forward to welcome you back soon.

Best wishes,
Israel
Reviewed 15 August 2014 via mobile

I have a very mixed up opinion on this one...
Probably the first mistake we made is what i wrote on the title. We were traveling with three small children ( 4,7,10). And this is definitely not a family hotel. No spacial amenities for kids, and even the great two pools + most excellent big jacuzzi are not that suitable for small children. Counting also on the cons side of this hotel was this small little story ( i hope you have the patience to stay along...)
We stayed for a total of 4 nights. But it was divided in to two times. The first three nights in Bucharest, and another last night at the end of our 9 day vacation+roots trip with my parents who were born in Romania.
At the time i did the reservation , i have been to
D that there are no room that fits a family of 5. The fact that we were traveling with an additional couple helped. So we split into a one bedroom suite for my wife, me and the 2 young ones. And a junior suite for my parents and my eldest. I specifically asked for high floors, because of reviews i've read here about hearing the street if you on a street side room. ( i must say that even a pool side room at first floor might hear the pool and music ).
We got an awesome, huge and beautiful one bedroom suite on the 8th floor. Really,really great. My parents also got a very nice junior suite, on the 5 th floor.
The only two setback we had at the first stay was the fact that our nice suite sharing a wall with the newly renovated business lounge, while in construction! We've complained twice on noises of drilling and knocking when we tried to take a nap (2-4 pm).
The only other minus i have found at the first stay was the fact that although very fascinated by the huge (really big) one bedroom suite, we've expected to a separation between the sleeping and the living spaces. And after entering the room and discovering that there are no dividers or a separate bedroom, i even asked the front dest about that, and was answered that this is the configuration of a one bedroom suite. And that a room with a separation like i was asking on is actually a two bedroom suite (which i did bot even know that exist at time or reservation) .

Still at the first time, (if not having to experience the additional night later on), we would have given the hotel 4 stars.
We really enjoyed the great breakfast, everything very fresh and large variety. Even in The non-small-kids-fitting-pools, we had a lot of fun.

Returning 5 days later for a last night before flying back home, ended with not paying for the two suites we had. Of course everything was approved by the general manager who even called me at 22:00 at night and patiently listened to the experience we've been through , which he already heard earlier from his staff.
I would not go into detailing then whole ordeal, since we were complementary got not charged and most of the experience might go for a "victims of circumstances" or a "merphy law " kind of a thing. But it was most unpleasant.

I highly recommend this hotel to business travelers, or casino lovers (the best casino in town is just next door,( so i've been told i don't gamble).

I do not recommend it for families with small children.

Stayed August 2014
Irina S, Customer Service Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel Bucharest, responded to this review, 20 August 2014
First of all I would like to thank you for taking the time to write this review and to express my personal regret for the inconveniences you have experienced.

I know that you have already discussed both over the phone and in writing with our General Manager, but I would like to take this opportunity and also assure you that all the issues that you have experienced have been reviewed with the respective Department Heads and action has been taken so that they will not reoccur. We will review immediately our room classification and discuss if certain changes should be done in regards to the differences in layout for our One Bedroom Suites. New trainings will also be done with our Front Office staff in order to make sure everyone has perfect knowledge about the difference between apartments of same type but with different structure, so that correct information can be immediately provided to our guests.

Once again, we are deeply sorry for the inconveniences that you have experienced and I would like to personally thank you for your most kind understanding for the entire situation. We are all looking forward to welcome you back to the Radisson Blu Hotel and we will do our best to convince you of our high level of customer service strongly backed by our Yes I Can! philosophy.

Sincerely yours,

Irina Stefanescu
Customer Service Manager
New Haven, Connecticut
Reviewed 14 August 2014

I lived in Bucharest for nearly two years and I have logged somewhere between 200-300 additional nights in hotels there in the last 6 years. I have stayed in different hotels big and small in Bucharest (Marriott, Rembrandt, Carol Park, and others). The Radisson Blu remains my choice in Bucharest particularly for travelers who need the services of a large hotel, business services, or want the luxuries that come with a property of this quality.

I've written two previous reviews outlining why I think the hotel is the best in Bucharest (you can read them in my profile) but after another long stay in May/June 2014 I feel compelled to write another review. I will do my best not to repeat myself. Details follow-

The Rad is a large 700+ room hotel located in downtown Bucharest about a 15 minute walk from the Old Town along Calea Victoriei, which is an upmarket shopping and museum street. There is an excellent currency exchange on the corner of Victoriei and Strada George Enescu and good bars and restaurants (Terminus and Primus) also located across the street. It is within 5 minutes of every basic service (banks, pharmacies, etc.)

The hotel caters mainly to business travelers and large groups (casino junkets for the adjacent Platinum Casino, large conferences, and groups from Viking and Grand Circle cruises). It's room, particularly bathrooms are the most modern in Bucharest with marble fixtures. Business rooms have a separate bath and shower, while standard rooms have a combined shower/bath. Rainfall showers (and handhelds) provide excellent water pressure and internet signal is usually strong, fast, and completely free. Furthermore, a business center is free of charge to guests for basic services like web browsing and printing and is usually staffed by two staff members who will help the tech phobic among us.

The Hotel's restaurants are excellent (although more expensive than other local fare), Prime is my favorite steakhouse in Bucharest, Citta is excellent (killer octopus), and the poolside bar open in the summer is a nice change.

The pool and fitness facilities are the largest and most luxurious in Bucharest and Dark Bla (closed in the summers) is an excellent cigar lounge.

Service has always been excellent starting with Mihai's team at the bell stand including Bogdan, Liviu, Dan, Florin, and Lorient. Additionally, Flori and Maria were also particularly helpful as was the concierge, Valentin. I have always had my requests dealt with quickly and professionally.

I would always expect strong facilities, luxurious rooms, and good service from this hotel and I have never been disappointed.

There are some areas of improvement. The size of the hotel makes check-in and check-out a long process. One solution might be to assign large groups their own dedicated check-in area on the Mezzanine so the front desk area doesn't become a rugby scrum.

Additionally, social problems in Bucharest and the presence of large western hotels brings with it the presence of pimps, prostitutes, and conmen on Calea Victoriei. The hotel must do a better job of working with the City to keep people like this from congregating near its front circle. These problems are present at virtually every hotel in Bucharest and the Rad is not immune.

I have no problem recommending the Rad to friends and family and am confident whenever I book there. You couldn't be in better hands in Bucharest.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Thank you very much for your kind review and for sharing this experience on tripadvisor.com.

We are happy that you really enjoyed your stay at the Radisson Blu hotel in Bucharest as for us our guests' appreciation is the best reward and their feedback our main guideline.

On behalf of our entire team I would like to thank you for staying with us and we are looking forward to welcome you again when your travels bring you back in Bucharest!

Best Regards,
Los Angeles
Reviewed 14 August 2014

arrived at the hotel after travelling all night, had booked a 2 bedroom apartment through the hotel's website. I was told by the front desk the previous person had decided to stay longer and they werent able to accommodate my reservation. I was shocked to say the least. Spoke with the manager who basically said the same thing. They said they can "upgrade" me to a junior suit in the main hotel. Now I understand there are two sections to the hotel and the main part is nicer than the apartment side but switching my 1200 sqf 2 bedroom apartment for a 500 sqf 1 room to me does not sound like an upgrade. After going back and forth and seeing other available rooms, and being exhausted, I agreed to the downgrade. That aside, the hotel itself is nice and well kept, location is also pretty close to the old town where you will find all bars and restaurants. The breakfast buffet was wonderful with many choices. BE AWARE OF TAXIS. They will try to rip you off. Got a taxi from the airport which the meter was racking up money like no tomorrow. He tried to drop me off before the hotel but I had read about this trick. Always have them drop you off at the hotel door where they are afraid to overcharge due to being caught on hotel's cameras. After insisting to him that he needs to drop me off at the hotel, he didnt try to collect the meter price and just told me the correct price. we did come across an honest taxi cab driver which thankfully we got his phone number and used the entire time we were in Bucharest. He speaks pretty decent english, very knowledgeable and gave us a private tour of the city, and had him join us any time we got hungry. I still have his cell phone number and will put up a picture of him and his business card, he is an actual licensed taxi driver and just a wonderful human being. I cant imagine how many times we would have gotten ripped off by taxis if it wasnt for him. Radu 0760863587 from Bucharest or 01140760863587 from US.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
First of all we would like to thank you for your review as for us our guests feedback is valuable and the best guideline for improving our services.

I have discussed with the reservations department and, on behalf of our entire team, I apologize for the inconvenient. The apartment was indeed occupied by a guest who decided to extend his stay therefore, as it was not similar suite available within the complex at that time, my colleagues tried to find a solution. We deeply regret if none of the alternatives was in line with your preferences . My colleagues mentioned an upgrade due to the fact that the initial apartment was in the four star wing and the new one was in the five star Radisson Blu Hotel, Bucharest in which unfortunately we did not have a similar 2 bedroom suite available. Therefore they considered it an upgrade from the value point of view but we are sorry that, as much as we tried, we had no similar alternative in terms of size.

Concerning the taxi services with overpriced tariffs, we are aware that unfortunately in Bucharest there are lots of such unreliable companies and even have a close collaboration with the authorities trying to find a solution to keep them far from the hotel. Despite our efforts to protect our guests they still find public areas where we don’t have the right to take action and only Police does. Therefore, because we want to prevent these frauds, we always encourage our guests to ask for help from the Concierge team when they need a taxi. We have such a message posted just at the entrance of the hotel. For your next stays please don’t hesitate to ask my colleagues for more information about our pick up services from the airport and they will be pleased to assist you. You will benefit this way of safe, quality transport services.

Not least , we are happy to read that you enjoyed our Super Breakfast Buffett! Hope that next time we will manage to pleasantly surprise you also with the delicious menus in our 4 restaurants.

Once again we apologize for all inconveniences and we hope that we will have another chance to make it up to you.

We would like to thank you for staying with us and we are looking forward to welcome you again when your travels bring you back in Bucharest!

Kind Regards,
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 13 August 2014

Excellent hotel really! Great staff, reasonably good food, excellent pool ( outside) and fitness. Perfect location for visiting the Old Center. And perfect for business. I stayed a couple times now and I really appreciate this hotel. I recommend it for anyone who likes comfort, elegance and accessibility. One suggestion though: manage the situation with the taxis and cars picking up patrons. On my last trip there were lots of cars blocking the traffic, in the morning and afternoon, and it was a real mess. People seem to be extremely honking friendly and it was horrible. And maybe somehow stop taxi drivers parking on the street right in front of the hotel and during the night debating the future of the universe in loud voices?
Otherwise excellent hotel.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Thank you for your review and for sharing the experience on tripadvisor.com.

First of all we are happy to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and you are pleased with the quality of our services.

We also thank you for the suggestion concerning the taxi cars in front of the hotel. Must first of all mention that these cars do not belong to our partner taxi company. They are independent taxi drivers with overpriced services. Our security team strives to make them leave but unfortunately as this is a public area only the Police has the right to take action. That is why we send extremely frequent notifications to the authorities hopping for some reliable solutions.

Because we are aware about the issue, we have posted near the entrance a message recommending all our guests to ask support from the Concierge team when ordering a taxi, in order to avoid any fraud and possible unpleasant incident.

On behalf of our entire team I thank you for choosing the Radisson Blu hotel in Bucharest. We are looking forward to welcome you again in our hotel.

Best Regards,
Beijing, China
Reviewed 11 August 2014 via mobile

This is one of the best city centre hotels I have stayed at.

The hotel is in the city centre and is approx 15 mins walk to the hive of activity that is the old town - and not too far from any of the main city attractions. During the first few evenings I had noticed a distinct lack of beggars and prostitutes outside the hotel and thought there had been a clampdown, but by the weekend they were back in front of the hotel and to the pavement on the side as you walk to the old town. Depending on your outlook, slightly off-putting or highly convenient outside such a nice hotel.

As you enter, the lobby has the reception to the left and straight ahead is the very fancy bar with surrounding glass floor and underfloor water jets. If I was a goldfish I wouldn't like to get caught up in that water! Looking up from the bar, you see the floors above all looking down to the bar.

The hotel is very large and the main accommodation forms essentially an external courtyard containing the beach-bar type....bar!, a restaurant, pool, sunbeds and the largest jacuzzi I have ever been in. The Jacuzzi borders the indoor pool (large pool) area and excellently furnished gym and fitness area. The changing rooms also have saunas and steam rooms.

I had an unspectacular, but adequate, well furnished room with views over the Hilton and city rooftops. A major plus was that a complimentary business room upgrade was not available, but complimentary business lounge access was given, which meant evening drinks and snacks and breakfast away from the masses. - talking of breakfast, avoid the bacon, it was like grannys old shoe leather. Also, it is quite amusing people watching at breakfast as there do appear to be quite a selection of people still getting to know eachother after only meeting the previous night ( I do hope they turned the meter off!)

Staff are all very pleasant.

I have stayed here in winter and in summer and would recommend this hotel for a stay at any time of the year... and Indeed, I am already booked for October.

Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
Thank you for your very kind review, it will be a pleasure to share it with our entire team.

We are happy that we managed to meet your expectations and you enjoyed so much the relaxing facilities of our hotel.

Thank you for choosing our hotel and we look forward to welcome you back in October.

Best wishes,