All reviews large chain hotels quiet street boutique hotel rooms are big small hotel location is excellent hotel room minute walk metro station old town piata reception wifi radisson sofa supermarket
Reviewed 12 October 2013

Spent a few days at the Hotel Amzei during a short visit to Bucharest. The hotel is located along Amzei Street, close to Piata Amzei. Notable near this area is the French Embassy. The hotel is small and intimate. The rooms are quiet and wifi works fine. Beds are comfortable and the showers work just fine and are hot! As with any hotel, the quality of the staff is crucial and I found that the Amzei Hotel has an excellent team working for them. Breakfast is a complete European fare, you definitely will start the day well.

I will definitely visit the Amzei Hotel again when I come back to Bucharest, and fully recommend it.

Date of stay: October 2013
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank mysterioustraveling
Reviewed 13 September 2013

I stayed in this hotel for 4 nights on a business trip.
The staff was extremely friendly and attentive, especially the woman in charge with breakfast.
Unfortunately I stayed in one on the rooms on the ground floor and it was a bit noisy. The room was very spacious, clean and lovely decorated though.Complementary water would have been nice but was not offered.On the plus side: During my whole stay I had an excellent wifi connection.
The hotel is situated near piata romania, 15 min walk from piata universitata and the old part of the city.

Date of stay: September 2013
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
2  Thank sway_thunders
Reviewed 10 September 2013

We really enjoyed this hotel : the staff were outstanding - extremely pleasant and efficient everywhere from the breakfast room via reception to the cleaners. We felt we were amongst friends. Spotlessly clean, well situated and quiet (we had rooms on the top floor), with good and quiet a/c, fast wi-fi, plenty of space, very good breakfasts . . . We can recommend the Amzei without hesitation; staying there really added to our enjoyment of our stay in Bucharest.

Room tip: We were on the top floor with plenty of light, quiet, and roof-top views. I guess lower down might not have been so light?? But given its sideways-on-to-the-road position, I imagine that only the rooms on the left of the building would get any traffic noise at all, and even then it's a small road!
Date of stay: September 2013
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
2  Thank crookhamcommon
Reviewed 1 September 2013

Located on a quiet side street not far from Maghetu Blvd in one direction and Calea Victoria in the other, hotel Amzei is convenient to shops, cultural venues, the metro, and cafes and restaurants. Service and staff's attitude equalled 5 star hotels'. Ample and diverse breakfast buffet, wifi throughout the property as well as my room. For a few days or an extended stay, you would be hard pressed to find its equal in balanced combination of price, comfort, service, and central location.

Date of stay: August 2013
2  Thank EGStafford
Reviewed 9 August 2013

stayed 3 nights, I enjoyed ! rooms are very spacious, very clean.

Staff very friendly, my car was very safe in the free private parking. free wifi

I choosed the hotel because of the perfect location and the safe parking place, and was not disappointed

highly recommended