“An experience rather than just serving food”

Restaurant Isoletta
Ranked #90 of 2,119 Restaurants in Bucharest
Price range: US$58 - US$93
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: The restaurant is typically Italian and proposes a vast culinary offer, but we are best recognized for our daily fresh fish offer. Thanks to the contacts that Mr. Viorel Nica has made, twice a week we receive fresh fish imported directly, without intermediary from the Port of Mazzara Del Vallo in Sicily. Currently Ristorante Isoletta is considered to be the best fish and sea food kitchen in Bucharest.
Reviewed 8 June 2014

Located by Herastrau lake, this gem is a must visit, delicious plates of the Italian kitchen, live music, and a scenery that can't be beaten.

In every way this restaurant is excellent, take a walk in the park and then head to it for dinner with live music in action.

A bit expensive, but is it is worth it.

1  Thank Ahegazi

Reviewed 4 June 2014

One of the best restaurants from north part of Bucharest, perfect environment near Herastrau lake, nice terrace and good atmosphere. Very good dishes but quite expensive. Try the home made pasta with white truffles and you will not regret! 65 EUR..... but worth it once in a lifetime :)))))))))

1  Thank Triumph200
Reviewed 14 May 2014

I've eaten at Michelin starred restaurant all over the world and I can sincerely say that I am always looking forward to coming back home and eating at Isoletta. I've ordered everything on the menu and was always served great food. I am not even using the menu any more. Just ask the waiters, they know best.
I've been going here with my family every Sunday for the past 4 years. We used to try all the new restaurants and it was fun but after we've found Isoletta, it just didn't make sense anymore to go anyplace else.Guess where we're going this Sunday? :)

1  Thank Andrei C
Reviewed 13 May 2014

I am not anymore just a tourist of this amazing place...I started to come here for business lunches when I've been transferred in Bucharest 2 years ago and very fast I became an usual client, bringing my family too every Sunday or with various occasions.

I really don't know where I should starting from because this place cannot be defined by only one thing like food or service or position or atmosphere or...everything! I will start telling you that the restaurant is located in the most beautiful park of Bucharest on the shore of Herastrau Lake with an amazing view that you can enjoy not only during the summer time, but also during the winter time because they have an amazing warmed terrace that is functional even when outside is less than 0.

The second thing that I have noticed it was that I never get bored in this place...they have a variety of great food based on fish and seafood, but also great meat like Black Angus or Argentinian Steaks...and an impressive selection of wines that the staff always advise accordingly. They all are very friendly starting with the owner and with the Italian Chef Domenico that you can find in the middle of the tables socializing with the people, advising for the new arrivals or new plates...for me is the only restaurant in Bucharest where I have seen the Chef from time to time coming outside and sharing impressions with the clients and I could say that everybody loves them. I often have seen there various famous Romanian people and one time I have met Fisichella, formula 1 pilot!:-)

From time to time they have live music or a dj...I've been there for the 8 of March and it was an amazing night with a great Sax man from Germany and his band.

For me it's difficult enough the share with you in just few words the entire atmosphere, but in the end I want to tell you that it's a great place if you live in Bucharest or you are a tourist "per caso" and want to enjoy not just a restaurant, but to increase your personal album of beautiful memories and great feelings.

I strongly recommend you to try raw fish in all manners, tartar or carpaccio and Sword Fish alla siciliana or tuna steak accompanied of my favorite red wine, Ue Passula.

Enjoy this place...it deserves and you deserve it!

Jules (Rome)

2  Thank Jules S
Reviewed 11 May 2014

Visited Bucharest a couple of times and discovered this restaurant. I can say that it's a place where you can feel that all the sences are touched..taste of food is incredible, it is placed in a park where you can actually see the lake and take a breath of the fresh air, so guys if you want to relax in this city and eat great fish&seafood, you should visit Isoletta. Ps: i met the chef and he told me that in italian, Isoletta means 'little island';) i didnt know this, but i sure will come to this little island again. Now to say what i had the last time: a tris tartar that includes raw tuna, red shrimps(my personal favourite) and seabass-this dish is amazing if you are a raw food addict like i am(try it with a glass of Greco di Tufo), for main course i would suggest Lobster a la Catalana, and if you feel like having desert, please try Tiramisu;). You are lucky if you visit Bucharest in summer, they have a beautiful garden, it's like eating in heaven(for me, eating outside is just perfect). Enjoy;)

1  Thank Catalincik