“What a pleasant boutique hotel, very clean and close to the city centre” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Zava Boutique Hotel

Zava Boutique Hotel
Ranked #98 of 171 Hotels in Bucharest
Melbourne, Australia
“What a pleasant boutique hotel, very clean and close to the city centre”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 July 2013

I have received a great rate and I decided to stay here. Let me say up front this is one small boutique hotel and yet it has a lot to offer. The staff is very fluent in English and this was extremely helpful because for some strange reason I had a lot of difficulty booking my stay due to some errors from the booking engine.
The room is clean, the breakfast which was included with my room rate was decent and I'm usually skipping the breakfast if it's not nice. They had a cooked to order breakfast and you also get a few choices.
I arrived in the middle of the winter but the room was very quick to warm up once you turn on the heater. The location is a few tram stations from the centre of the city but you can also walk there (I did several times). It's located off the main street but it is easily accessible and well lit at night.
The staff was also very helpful with directions and basically everything I needed.
The only disappointment was due to this being a small/boutique hotel there was no elevator and if you have a lot of luggage to carry with you this will be a bit of an inconvenience. In fact, for me this was the only inconvenience.
The room was very clean, and so was the bathroom the sheets, everything was in immaculate condition. I would not hesitate to stay here again especially if I was to get the same great rate which I got last time.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank Appreci8life

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Pitesti, Romania
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 January 2013

those rooms are extremely small and they advertise smoking but you cant exactly smoke in the room, oh and if its cold outside dont expect the a/c to even be able to blow warm air in the room in fact expect it to be "broken", location is well placed, breakfast is for the birds, but of all the hotels i have stayed in within the borders of this country i have not ever gotten cold coffee and if so would give the benefit of the doubt like most folks but if i ask for hot coffee without the grounds in it you could at least throw it in the microwave and nuke it for 30 seconds before you pass it to me, apparently during our stay they forgot to pay the electric bill b/c lights were on and off as well as internet. All around poor quality. As far as the food goes your better off buying a street shaorma or eating with the dogs. Its far too expensive for the taste wich was terrible. GO ELSEWHERE THIS HOTEL IS HORRIBLE!

Room Tip: Choose a different hotel.
  • Stayed December 2012, travelled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles

Travellers are raving about these Bucharest hotels

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 June 2012

A very nice boutique hotel. 3 rooms in a floor. New great rooms, big, very clean, big closet, has everything you need in a room. I don't know the price since it was a business trip but I would sure check it for my next visit. The staff is very nice. Breakfast is on the 8th floor with a nice view of the city. Even used their massage service which was good.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank Oritii
Altaussee, Austria
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 October 2010

I stayed in the hotel for 4 days - the hotel was very nice, the terrace was perfect to have a drink, a coffee or eat food (which was not bad!)

The room was clean and OK, but being in the 3rd floor and not having an elevator was horror...

The area is not the nicest to stay - although close to the centre, the direct area is not the best view for tourists to see....

All together is the price/quality acceptable - but I am not sure whether I will book again..

• Stayed September 2010, travelled on business
2 Thank jarnobor
Bucharest, Romania
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 June 2010

I have left my car parked on the sidewalk next to the Zava Hotel and they cut off my tyres.
They are very offensive, malicious. I think it is dangerous to stay at their place.

• Stayed May 2010, travelled on business
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
anutza1985, Manager at Zava Boutique Hotel, responded to this review, 12 July 2011
Hello.

We are sorry to hear this but unfortunatelly we cannot manage everything that happens on the street.
Second of all, you are our first guest that makes this complaint and please belive that you are the only one. We are sorry to hear about this incident and belive that no one from our staff cutted your tires.
London
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 December 2009

With a warm welcome from the start, it's easy to see why its described as a home away from home. Reception is very accomodating, the interior is fantastic, and the rooms are comfortable and clean.

There was always someone on hand to assist you with any queries, arranging transfers to and from the airport, (I would recommend doing this, as taxis in Bucharest aren't the sharpest tools,) plus our driver told us of all the best places to visit.

The rooms were a good size and always warm. Which is all good when it's freezing outside. I am more than happy to recommend Zava to anyone visiting Bucharest.

• Stayed December 2009, travelled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for staying in our hotel. We are very pleased that you felt here like home.

Our hotel was completely renovated this year, and re-opened on the 1st of June. We expect you soon to see us with our new "clothes".

Best regards,