“Everything about Military under One roof!”

National Military Museum Bucharest
Ranked #50 of 311 things to do in Bucharest
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Reviewed 29 July 2014

In 2-3 hours you will have a chance to see the history of military, weapons and wars, starting way centuries back. It has many indoor interesting sections. And you may look the tanks, jeeps, helicopter and airplanes in the backyard section of the museum. Ticket price is 10 Ron with reduced fee for the students. Addition fee for photography 20 RON may be paid if you want to take pictures in inside sections, while outside is free.
Recommended good interesting place, GO !!

2  Thank ATY1408

Reviewed 23 July 2014

Lack of labels in English, military vessels in the yard definitely require painting.

However the exposition is rich enough covering Romanian war and military history from prehistoric times through medieval ages, WW1, WW2 and up to Cold War.

Of interest: aviation display (in a distinct building) including space recovery capsule which brought the first and only Romanian astronaut from its space flight back to earth (actually Russian Soyuz capsule), some rare tanks in the backyard (mostly Russian) - some of which have cuts in armor allowing to observe the interior.

1  Thank AhrVahr
Reviewed 22 July 2014

i visited the museum during "the museuns night", with my kids that expected to see soo many things. You can't see almost anything there I will return when they will finish renovating. Maybe it will be better

Reviewed 21 May 2014

I visited with some War Buffs who though it was great. I found it rather lackluste and could try harder. From the start it was very eastern Block one ticket booking at a time two tickets one for each exhibit (never checked) It looked as they were working on it out of peak period. There were paper signs leading you around and into dead ends often. Some of the floors were shut and all were badly lit. The museum part was not very well explained and no staff with English around just there to babble at you in Romanian when you were in the wrong place due to them not having signs to where you should go. Outside we found we were let into locked sections if they noticed you were trying the doors. The lay out was not very stimulating. My favourite bit was the few MIG's and the CCCP space capsule. Avoid unless you like war.

1  Thank MassiveBH3
Reviewed 7 May 2014

I visited the museum with my kids ages 10 and 13. They do not speak Romania but I do so I could translate for them most of the time.The exhibits are pretty good and you can follow the Romanian history from the ancient times up to today.Again, I speak Romanian so I got the most out of it.
We visited the main building and we also visited the separate exhibit " Weapons and Uniforms", which is a separate building in the same complex.The kids really enjoyed the second exhibit, especially the guns in Ceausescu 's (the dictator) private collection.We also visited the little aviation hangar and walked around outside to see tanks, missiles, etc.I have to say that my kids knew more about that stuff than I did.They were excited to see in real life stuff they only saw in movies.All in all, it is a good place to visit if you are into guns, history.