“Impeccable”
Review of Hotel Christina

Hotel Christina
Ranked #1 of 169 Hotels in Bucharest
Reviewed 18 January 2014

We spend a few days in Hotel Christina and we can say and we had a great time. The hotel is superclean, the rooms very modern and comfortable. The staff is very friendly and helpfull. The breakfast is rich, a nice assortment of bread, cereales, fruit.... everything you wish.
We can strongly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
hotelchristina, Owner at Hotel Christina, responded to this reviewResponded 22 January 2014

Thank you very much for your review, I appreciate it allot! It was a pleasure to meet you and your lovely family, I am glad we could make your stay in Bucharest as nice as possible!

There are newer reviews for Hotel Christina

Reviewed 17 January 2014

I have just spent 2 nights at hotel Christina and can only say good things about my experience. From the very start, the execution of their service was impeccable. I arranged for a car to pick me up at the airport and a very polite driver was waiting for me at the gate. No need to wait as it had happened in the past. Upon arrival I was greeted by a very friendly receptionist with very good level of English. In fact all of the staff I interacted with during my stay was very nice and friendly and spoke very good English. My room was simple, but neat and clean. I must mention my favourite part: the table and curtains were pink! I really liked the shower as well. Check out some of the other travellers' pictures :) the rooms are fitted with a coffee and tea machine. There is WiFi throughout the hotel and a computer and printer for customers to use at no extra cost.
The food in the hotel was beautiful. I was greeted with a complimentary platter of cheese and a glass of Romanian wine ( which I really appreciated after my long trip). Their restaurant is open from 7am to 11pm. Very convenient. Breakfast was nice, full of options for every taste: fresh fruit, toast, eggs,etc. They also make delicious coffee of your choice. I had a delicious seafood salad for dinner one of the nights served by, again, a super nice member of staff. They put a lot of effort in the presentation of the plates.
If there is one thing I would change from the hotel would be the beds and pillows, which are not the most comfortable, to be honest. However, all in all, hotel Christina is very recommendable. It is evident that the staff at hotel Christina go above and beyond to delight their customers. My flight back was very early in the morning and they packed some sandwiches, fruit and coffee for me to take on my way to the airport.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business

Thank you very much for your review, recommendations and pictures on TripAdvisor, your feedback is very important for us! I am glad you enjoyed your experience at Christina, this is the most important thing and we're always happy when our guests are happy! Regarding the beds, I hope you noticed the possibility to electronically adjust their position in order to fit your wishes. If you didn't, of course there is always next time and a good reason to visit us again. Also, don't forget that you can ask for other pillows at the reception, we have many different types, always state your problems at the reception and we will do our best to solve them. We are waiting you with a warm welcome for the next time you're in Bucharest!

Reviewed 14 January 2014

A really top hospytality hotel with excellent breakfast modern and warm rooms,great and friendly staff.
Situated close to city center this hotel is perfect for anybody and it really makes a difference being much better than all other Bucharest hotels!!
Don't miss this hotel if u are ever in Bucharest.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business

Thank you very much for your review and recommendations on TripAdvisor! I am happy that you were our guest and enjoyed your stay with us! You have a warm welcome at Hotel Christina anytime you decide to visit Bucharest!

Reviewed 14 January 2014

Nothing more to add on what it has been said about this hotel :-) The Romanian hospitality at its best - the people, the food, the room, the lobby, etc. A small laptop is available in the lobby & international & Romanian magazines, too. You have the feeling of “home, sweet home” !

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Jeni-96

Thank you very much for your review! It was a great pleasure to meet you, thank you for forgiving my mistakes! Be sure we will be waiting for you with love every time you decide to visit!

Reviewed 11 January 2014

I booked the hotel by accident because it was far away from my destination in Bucharest but I am glad I did. Its price on the net promised a medium level but comfortable hotel but they positively surprised me. The address is in a small side street in downtown, so the traffic is not very noisy in the morning although it makes it a bit difficult to find even for a local who does not live in the neighborhood.The view from my room on the top floor was not exciting it is just an average residential area.
On my arrival I was offered a welcome glass of excellent Romanian redwine with a cheese plate. It made me feel sorry for my very late arrival because I could not try their kitchen.
The hotel design must be recently, light colors and lamps in the floor.The designer must have been a fan of neon lamps, there were plenty of them in the room.My room and the bathroon were spacy and clean.
The internet is free and works well.
In the morning the breakfast was excellent with fresh vegetables and fruits and with a friendly and quick service.
The staff in general is very helpful and professional. I will probably go back the next time again because it is has a really good price to value ratio.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank Gabor274887
hotelchristina, Owner at Hotel Christina, responded to this reviewResponded 13 January 2014

Thank you very much for your review and appreciations! Some accidents are fortunate and I am happy to know that this was one of the cases. You're right about the design, the hotel is new and from the beginning it was designed to be fresh and modern, but also attentive with the environment. For example, it is true that at first we had some neon lamps, but know, all the lighting in the hotel is done by LED lamps. Be sure you will be received with the same warmth the next time you visit, we're looking forward to your next stay!

Reviewed 8 January 2014

Stayed here for 3 nights from 29/12/13-1/1/14. Super reasonable prices, a short stroll from central Bucharest and the friendliest staff you could hope for. Room was super clean, well equipped (good coffee) and conformable. Good bathroom with a decent (and hot) shower, good toiletries etc. All round a really good experience. I can definitely see why people rate this hotel highly. Allowed us a very late breakfast (which was always superb) on New Year's Day and a check out that most hotels would have tried to charge us for. Top marks all round.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank 9triphop9
hotelchristina, Owner at Hotel Christina, responded to this reviewResponded 10 January 2014

I am glad that you chose to spend the New Year's Eve/New Year's Day with us, I hope you had a fabulous time! The late breakfast and check-out were were not problems at all, we're always more than happy to assist our guests when it is in our power, and I don't understand why it shouldn't be in our power most of the times. Thank you very much for your review and have a wonderful year, all the best for 2014!

Reviewed 1 January 2014

Everything about this hotel made our Romanian experience a great one. Here's a rundown of everything I liked about the hotel: The location is very centralized within Bucharest. The hotel staff is very friendly and helpful. Breakfast is incredible (I think it's also included for all guests - not a separate purchase). The WiFi access is free and fairly quick. The rooms are very modern and have a pleasant ambiance (lots of neat lighting); Also included is an espresso machine and a good sized flat screen TV. The owner comes around in the evenings at the restaurant and tries to meet his guests; If you talk to him, you'll find that he is very passionate about his country's history and likes to learn about his guests. The hotel is partnered with Ian Events Tours. This touring company provided us with the wonderful service of Aurelian who is the best tour guide I've ever had the pleasure to meet. He is very knowledgeable of Romanian history and will take you to all the most interesting places in and around Bucharest. Some tour guides can be pushy making for an awkward experience. This is not the case at all with Aurelian. He is also very candid about what is cost friendly for his clients, or if he thinks something is not worth your time, he will make a soft-spoken recommendation. Overall, I found that the hotel really strives for excellent customer service, which in turn made me want to come on tripadvisor and write them an excellent review. I'm very happy to have booked the place.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank Aaron K

Thank you very much for your wonderful review, it was a pleasure to meet you! I am happy that you were also happy! Aurelian is quite some guy and his tours are a nice way to get to know Bucharest or Romania. Now that you mentioned him, we have a TripAdvisor page for his services, you can find it by searching Christina Private Tours, a review there would be great for him if you have some spare time. Thank you again and have a wonderful week!