“Best hotel experience”

Hotel Christina
Ranked #1 of 166 Hotels in Bucharest
“Best hotel experience”
Reviewed 22 April 2014 via mobile

Excellent food, very clean, modern design, great spot. Warm and friendly owner and staff. I was very surpried of this hotel. I would gladly return ! I thing anyone who visit bucharest should arive to this hotel

Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank ariel n
hotelchristina, Owner at Hotel Christina, responded to this review, 24 April 2014
Thank you very much for your review, recommendations and pictures on TripAdvisor, I am glad to know you enjoyed your stay with us! A big hello from the Hotel Christina Team!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (172)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Turkish first
Aberdeen, Scotland
Reviewed 19 April 2014

A truly memorable stay in hotel near all the important sites in Bucharest. The fantastic bright decor is very welcoming and with superb comfort, marvellously friendly staff and fantastic breakfast buffet! The gymn nearby is excellent and good value at €10. Fabulous in very way

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
I am glad we could make your stay in Bucharest as pleasant as possible! Be assured that whenever you come back to the city, you will have a welcoming place to stay. Thank you very much for your review on TripAdvisor!
Poznan
Reviewed 17 April 2014

You really feel welcome at this place, staff is very friendly, service minded and helpful.
Rooms are great and the breakfast even more great. And location just 10 min from the metro. Only minus was some noise from the outside aircon equipment during nigth.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank OveDonia
Thank you very much for your feedback, it is very important for us! I am very happy to know you enjoyed your stay and experience with Hotel Christina and for sure we are looking forward to your next visit in Bucharest! During the cold seasons the air-conditioning systems were not used very much as you can imagine, so this is why it was maybe a little bit noisy. We just made the maintenance after o long period of rest for them yesterday (23.04.14) and now they should be very silent. We always try to be as eco-friendly as possible, this is why we encourage to use the thermostats on the radiators if the temperature is to high in the room (or to low) or chill the room by letting some fresh air in if it is a cool temperature outside. All the best wishes from the Hotel Christina Team!
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 31 March 2014

Not just the best in Bucharest, but maybe the best hotel of all! This was my 3rd time staying at Hotel Christina, and I say again how much I enjoyed the experience. The staff are fantastic, the rooms impeccable, and the owner a true joy to know-- all of which make this a top ranking hotel. Its a genuine place, friendly, full of atmospere, warm, and totally comfortable--everything you want and need on business or pleasure. I would never think of staying anywhere else in Bucharest. I wish there was a Hotel Christina in every city!

1 Thank lalazimm2012
Thank you very much for your review and praises, they mean allot for me! It is always a pleasure for me to exchange some thoughts with my guests, this is one of the things that hospitality is about. You will always be a welcomed guest and friend at Christina, whenever you visit Bucharest!
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 31 March 2014

I recently visited Bucharest for the first time and Hotel christina was recommended to me by one of my colleagues. I must confess that I never regreated the decision to stay at this small modern and very vibrant hotel. The staff were exceptional and their services were outstanding. The hohtel is simply fabulous and is the best place for anywone wanting to enjoy their stay in Bucharest. It is within 1.5kms from their famous 0km stone which means that it is centrally located and most of the attrations for tourists or offices for those on business trips are within reach. Their rooms decor are excellent, their food outstanding and the complementary breakfast is 2nd to none. Hotel Christina is simply a great place to stay.

1 Thank Joseph M
I am very happy to know that we could make your first stay in Bucharest as pleasant as possible and that your experience you had with us was what you were looking for! Thank you very much for your review and recommendations!
Hereford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 31 March 2014

I took the advice of Trip Advisor and stayed in the #1 recommended Hotel in Bucharest, Romania. It was a part of a business trip and I ignored the blandishments of the 5* Hotel chains offering slight corporate discounts. My decison was based on other reviewer's recommendations: I was not disappointed.

The Hotel is first class on many counts including value, cleanliness, friendliness of staff, quality and choice of breakfast and assistance to a newcomer on a first-time visit. The traditional offering of a glass of Romainian wine along with a plate of five Romanian cheeses shortly after arrival, was both pleasant and welcoming. Indeed, the food was so good that I opted to eat in on two of my five nights. On both occassions I asked for the opinions of the staff as to traditional cusine and took their advice. I ate well.

The Hotel is in a quiet street off a quiet road but is well-placed for walking to the Museums and also to the centre (approx 15 minutes). There is a Metro about 500 metres away whioch takes you down to the old town in minutes few. A taxi ride back is only £1.00. There is also a cracking pub round the corner called "The Happy Pub" which is charming and friendly with a good range of beers. Both men and women use the bar as their "local".

But back to the Hotel and the quality of the room. The decor was modern and minimalist. No issue with that. The floors and fittings sparkled and the bathroom was very clean. I especially liked the shower head which changed colour on use: you have to switch the lights off to get the best effect. The air conditioning worked well and there was not one single fault with the room.

By far the best thing about the Hotel was the friendliness of the staff and their evident desire to assist. All spoke perfect English and were able to assist with recommendations for visits, eating out, taxi etiquette, specialist shops and of course food and drink. The owner took time to meet and greet the guests and the overall feeling I had was this Hotel was a good place where the guests counted.

I am returning with my wife for a Holiday in September. I will stay at the Hotel again: it is a gem of a place in a friedly city. I have been promised help with a car and driver fro a longer excursion into Transylvania. Best book early though as the rooms fill quickly. My tip for travellers is to try the food in the Hotel on at least one night and ask the waitress for suggestions. They offer a special 4 course menu (limited choices) for £16.00 per head (less wine but including Slivovitz).

Room Tip: Book early as they fill quickly. I was on the fourth floor and faced the rear. This was quiet and...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Thank you very much for your wonderful review! I am very happy to know you enjoyed your experience and stay with us and also the city. Maybe Bucharest isn't the typical touristic city, but it really has some interesting stories to tell and hidden gems. Whenever in Bucharest, you will find a warm welcome at Christina, for sure we are looking forward to your visit in September and of course we can arrange an excursion in Transylvania, I am sure you will enjoy it! All the best thoughts from Romania!
Liverpool, United Kingdom
Reviewed 29 March 2014

This is not my first time in this fantastic hotel and it's not my first review for it either. Today I had the pleasure of meeting "her" (yes the hotel is a she) owner. I recognized him from a picture I had seen somewhere and I felt the urge of thanking him in person for creating this "experience". We had a nice chat and I now understand why there's so much soul in this place. If you want "just" a bed to sleep in and a bite to grab in the morning, feel free to go anywhere else, be it cheaper or more expensive than this hotel. But if you want to be in a place where you're not just any other customer but almost a part of the family, then treat yourself to the HCE. What we call "going the extra mile" is the norm with the friendly and highly professional staff of the hotel. They know smiles are free of charge and you won't see a single fake smile when you are here. The other hotels really have a lot to learn from Hotel Christina. I'm a regular now and I don't even bother to look for alternatives every time I'm in Bucharest. After all they say home is where you wifi connects automatically :) Keep up the great job guys! I hope to be back soon. Until then, la revedere!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Thank you very much for your reviews, I appreciate it allot! I am glad we had the chance to talk, it was a pleasure to meet you! I also dislike fake plastic smiles (it doesn't matter if we are talking about an accommodation facility or other kind of situation), I perfectly understand what you are saying, so we try to make things a little bit different. I am very happy to know you feel like home and anyway, you are part of the family (but don't worry, no one will make you wash the dishes or anything like this :) ). I am looking forward to your next visit! La revedere si toate cele bune!