“Very clean, staff if helpful”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Hotel Christina

Hotel Christina
Ranked #1 of 172 Hotels in Bucharest
Los Angeles, California
“Very clean, staff if helpful”
Reviewed 6 May 2014

This place was a great find. The staff is friendly, the rooms are clean, and it's a great location. The only reason I even give it 4 stars instead of 5 is because I prefer hotels with more old world character. The rooms here are ultra modern, fluorescent lighting and all. That being said, they even have the ergonomic style beds so you can sit upright or change the level of bed which is pretty nice.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank ChrissiH
hotelchristina, Owner at Hotel Christina, responded to this review, 22 October 2014
Thank you very much for your review! Sure, we tried to give a hotel a modern look (it is also very new in term of years since opening), a minimalist, yet very functional style, with environment friendly LED lighting everywhere and other gadgets as you mentioned, but we inform our guests about this characteristics on every website we promote ourselves through pictures and information because I realize that this is not on everyone's liking, but because of this it shouldn't be a surprise. Even so, I hope that you will pick Christina for your next visits in Bucharest as it was our pleasure to have you as our guest for sure!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (170)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Turkish first
midlands uk
Reviewed 5 May 2014

Had a really nice long weekend stay here. The staff from the front desk onwards were really helpful & friendly & spoke excellent English. A quick & very efficient check in & after a few steps a lift was there to take us to our room, although help with bags wasn't offered I'm sure if it was needed it would have been.
The rooms are colourful & trendy with cool lighting, electrically adjustable beds, air con & flat screen TV's. Bathrooms whilst not large have nice toiletries & illuminated showerheads - more of a gimmick - but with good water pressure & always with hot water.
The breakfast room was clean with a clean table always available during our visit, breakfast was good with the largest range of accompaniments for your breakfast cereal I have ever seen. The coffee I had on our first morning wasn't to my taste so on the second morning I asked for a latte & had one of the finest I have ever had & at no additional charge. Excellent I thought. There was also fresh orange juice straight out of the juicer, plus the usual assortments of pastries, a good choice of fruits & a small hot food choice. They also offered each day to make fresh eggs or omelets.
My only negative is the location, it is on a quiet residential street with not much around it. We did walk to the old town - a must visit btw, which was a 25 -30 minute pleasant walk but after that we took a taxi as it was under £2 for the journey & reception were happy to call one which usually came within 4 minutes.
The only reason I wouldn't give it 5 marks is because of location & because in common with lots of Eastern European hotels they want to charge E10 per person to use the gym/"spa" area. (we didn't & I doubt anyone would.) Why they would do this seems strange as everything else is great with this hotel.
I'd recommend this hotel strongly along with the advice to use the very cheap taxis to get around. Even the taxi to the airport mid day on a Monday was only £5.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank 34769pete
Thank you very much for your review on TripAdvisor, your feedback is very important for us! I am happy you enjoyed your experience at Christina, this is our goal in the end. Please keep in mind that you can order almost anything at breakfast with no extra charge: 26 different types of tea, short or long espressos, cappuccinos, cafe lattes, you name it! Also, as you mentioned, if you want eggs cooked in different style, it is also no problem and no extra charge: omelets with anything you can think of, fried or boiled eggs, Benedict eggs, etc. Regarding the location, it has some advantages, as it is very close to the city center (it is 3 minutes walking to the Piata Romana, 5 minutes to the Piata Victoriei and the Government building and quite a few museums: natural history, geology, Romanian peasant, literature and more) but on a quite but safe side street, so there is no noise during the evenings and nights. It depends on what you are looking for. We look very carefully at our guests' reviews, so now the spa/gym is completely free of charge. Please just ask for the access card at the reception and you will get all the information you need!
Reviewed 4 May 2014

We planned a trip for holidays and had a recervation in Christina hotel, but one friend from the company couldnt travel , and we had to cancel the the trip, and the management of the hotel didn`t charge us at all, which was very kind.

Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
hotelchristina, Owner at Hotel Christina, responded to this review, 24 September 2014
Thank you very much for your review, I really appreciate it! I know how tough it can be sometimes to organize a trip and how many variables there are that can influence it, so when it is possible, of course we won't charge our guests. Even though the policy would allow us, it is not in our nature to do so. I hope that in the future, we will get the chance to meet and have a good time!
Kathmandu
Reviewed 4 May 2014

It is a wonderful hotel with a very good location. It’s just a 10 min from metro station. The staff was very polite and very frankly and owner was very talkative and helpful. They have a free wifi and they serve free tea/coffee in the room which makes your trips more memorable. The room was very clean. It was nothing to complain about it. I stayed just one night but I will definitely come back. The restaurant is bit small but excellent with good service. Breakfast was great and dinner wonderful. I highly recommend Hotel Christina.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with friends
hotelchristina, Owner at Hotel Christina, responded to this review, 22 September 2014
Even though we have some modern touches and always try to keep up with the latest trends, we do try to add a warm and human feel to everything as you noticed. I am glad your stay was the way you wanted it to be! Thank you very much for your recommendations and review! It was a pleasure to meet you and I am looking forward to your next visit of course!
Austria
Reviewed 1 May 2014

Recently I stayed one more time there and owner of Christina still manage to maintain very high quality standards. And he is doing it for many years. Christina hotel is small privately run one. It is unusual with very warm human touch, super clean and with very descent restaurant. Breakfast is fantastic and one of the best I ever tried. Internet is true broadband. And all people that are working there are truly friendly and helpful. It was great week. Next time I will definitely stay there too. Hotel Christina is as close as possible to my image of ideal functional but with clear touch of personality hotel. Thanks to owner and all people working there.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Andrii G
I would also like to thank you! It was a pleasure to meet you and have you as my guest at Christina! Thank you very much for your wonderful review and pictures, for sharing them with the TripAdvisor community, it is very important to me!
Vaxjo, Sweden
Reviewed 29 April 2014

Friendly staff, spacious, comfortable room with a balcony, central but quiet location. Breakfast was great and the welcome cheese and wine platter was a really nice touch. Had a lovely stay and couldn't fault it! The remote controlled bed and blinds gave us a bit of a giggle as we found it very cute. Would definitely stay again if back in Bucharest.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Turbo B
Glad to know you enjoyed your stay with us and the little touches through which we try to make a difference and make our guests feel appreciated. If you ever decide to make another visit to Bucharest, for sure it will be a pleasure to have you as our guests again! Thank you very much for your review on TripAdvisor!
Reviewed 26 April 2014 via mobile

For the last 7 days i have been in hotels all over romenia. Obviosly this one is the best.
The staff speaks very good english and extra friendly.
The food is tasty and fresh, help you to start your day with a big smile.
Recommended!

Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
I hope your journey in Romania was as nice as your stay at Hotel Christina! I am glad to know you enjoyed your experience with us and I am happy we had the chance to have you as our guest. Thank you very much for your review on TripAdvisor!