“Friendly with a touch of home”
Review of Hotel Christina

Hotel Christina
Ranked #1 of 169 Hotels in Bucharest
Reviewed 27 July 2014

During my weekend stay at hotel Christina, I must say I was impressed.Apart from the cleanliness and high standards (which really is something you would normally expect for a 4 star hotel), this hotel has impressed with how friendly the staff was, with its beautiful and playful design and with the amazing services it offers! I recommend it to anyone, no matter the purpose of travel and I will definitely pick it again if I go back!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
hotelchristina, Owner at Hotel Christina, responded to this reviewResponded 3 December 2014

Thank you very much for your recommendations and review on TripAdvisor! It is a great satisfaction for me to know we managed to impress you and for sure I am hoping to do just the same in the future, for your next visits!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,198)

Reviewed 24 July 2014

I had to spend a few days in Bucharest for a college reunion, which was worth it, of course, but Hotel Christina made the experience even better! They had no problem in offering and serving the welcoming tasting and glass of wine to my friends, even though they weren't staying there. The breakfast was very good and late enough (11 AM) to have even after a long night. Once I even had it after 11 AM and the breakfast was still there waiting for me. The personal touch made my stay, but there are other pluses like the rooms, design, atmosphere and cleanliness.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends

I hope your college reunion went well and you had many wonderful memories to talk about. I am glad you included Christina in your experience and made it a small part of it and it will be a pleasure to have you as our guest for the next ones. Thank you very much for your review!

Reviewed 23 July 2014

I have been following the TripAdvisor community for some time now and decided recently to make a review myself for something really worth it: Hotel Christina from Bucharest. Those that have been there already, know exactly what I a saying and those that didn't, will have to do it and find out that I am right. Everything is perfect: breakfast, cleanliness, staff. The location is also good if you want to stay in the Romana-Victoria area. The design is unique and the rooms have everything you need and a little bit more like electrical movable curtains! If there is one negative thing to say is that you have to walk one floor if you are staying at the 6th, but it is good for your health :).

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business

It is a great reward to read reviews like yours, thank you very much for your time and support, it was a treat to have you as our guest!

Reviewed 23 July 2014

Even though my stay was quite short, I had a fabulous one! At Christina you feel like you are somewhere else, rather than just Bucharest, the service is at least as the one in western European countries. I cannot say a bad word about the cleanliness and definitely not a bad word about the breakfast (included for all the room types). I can t wait to have something to do in the city again in the future!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business

Dear Mihai, you review and comparison flatter us! It was a pleasure to have you as our guest and thank you very much for your review and rating!

Reviewed 23 July 2014

It is hard to write a review for Hotel Christina as so many others expressed their praises for this small business in the center of the city! What is there left to say? No matter what your expectations are before you go there, I am sure they will be exceeded. You will probably find the owner making sure everything is perfect for his guests, the front desk people ready to fulfill any kind of request. The rooms are also something special, with a very modern design (probably a little bit to modern for some, but perfect for me) with everything you could need. I guess I don't have to mention how clean the rooms and common spaces are...

Room Tip: Rooms facing the street have nice little balconies!
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
hotelchristina, Owner at Hotel Christina, responded to this reviewResponded 1 December 2014

It is true that we gathered up quite a few reviews during the years, but for sure it is always a pleasure to read the feedback of my guests when it is positive and good to know when things are not so positive in order to take the appropriate measures! Thank you very much for your review and support, it means allot to me!

Reviewed 23 July 2014

Hotel Christina was the second place we stayed on our trip to Romania and we were there for two nights. It was incredibly modern, including: electric bed, electric curtains, Nespresso machine, air conditioning, heated mirrors, the list goes on! The bedroom was lovely and included a balcony and modern bathroom with lots of nice toiletries.

The staff were amazingly friendly, going the extra mile to make us feel welcome and helping us anyway they could. They booked us on a tour at the Palace of the People and helped us when our hire car arrived.

We also took advantage of the Hotel Christina’s use of the local spa and gym, relaxing in the jacuzzi, sauna and steam room after a long day of walking round Bucharest.

The breakfast was incredible; it was a mixture of table service and buffet, in a clean, funky restaurant. The range of breakfast items was huge and it was hard to choose. You could also have fresh eggs cooked any way you wished. Our booking also included cheese and wine on arrival – a word of note – there is a LOT of cheese, unfortunately we had already eaten when it arrived so were too full to really enjoy, so make room!

Finally the only downsides I could flag up are that it’s not the cheapest of accommodation (you pay for all those modern gimmicks!) and we found the noise from the street outside our room did keep us awake (dogs barking, drunk man shouting, rubbish being collected) so do keep these in mind.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple

We tried to make the rooms as modern and funky as possible, but at the same time trying to use a very warm human touch. I am glad to know you enjoyed it and took full advantage of it! It depends on what you compare the rates and also the period of booking as rates vary quite allot from season to season, time of the week, etc, going from 55 Euros to over 100 Euros per room. For example for the middle of December until the middle of January we have some very good rates - why not spend Christmas here? :). Sometimes there are issues like the ones you described, for which I am very sorry, but usually there are no such problems, they happen very very rarely. If this happens again, don't hesitate to ask at the front desk to change your room with one on the back-side of the hotel. Or you can specify you want a room like this when you make the booking, just in case! It was a pleasure to read your review and to have you as my guests of course! Thank you very much for it!

Reviewed 22 July 2014

This hotel is remarkable. The welcome is warm, the staff can't do enough for you, the complimentary cheese and wine on arrival is a lovely touch, the beds are comfortable, the rooms are stylishly minimalist and include a proper nespresso machine.

Then there's the breakfast. Wowzer. Fresh, full of variety, great coffee.

The proprietor - a lovely man very much in evidence on a daily basis - has done a great job of creating an ideal city hotel and staffed it with kind people who understand what a guest wants.

In summary, this is as good as it gets.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple

I really enjoy spending time with my guests, it is the perfect way to learn more about culture, opinions or thoughts from around the world and at the same time a good opportunity to share a part of my culture and way of leaving. Thank you very much for your review, I appreciate it allot!