“What a great little hotel”
Review of Hotel Christina

Hotel Christina
Ranked #1 of 166 Hotels in Bucharest
New York City, New York
“What a great little hotel”
Reviewed 29 July 2014

We spend two nights at the Hotel Christina in Bucharest. We were a little worried when we saw the road where the hotel is situated but once inside we were no less than overwhelmed.
The hotel more or less redefines what a boutique hotel should be like. The staff were incredibly friendly and helpful. The room was excellent including the Nespresso machine, We were invited to a first night welcome of wine & cheese. We didn't expect to get such a beautiful lay. Then there was breakfast. I pride myself as having stayed in some wonderful hotels around the world but the breakfast spread was the best we had ever seen. Freshly squeezed orange juice,real espresso, great variety of cheese, nuts, jams, eggs. Couldn't be better. The owner of the hotel made it his business to welcome us personally and it was clear that his designer hotel is a passion of love. Don't even think of staying somewhere else when visiting Bucharest

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
hotelchristina, Owner at Hotel Christina, responded to this review, 3 December 2014
Indeed, at first the street on which the hotel is located may seem a little bit of the beaten path so to say, but actually the area is one of the best in the city: most expensive neighborhoods around (Aviatorilor, Primaverii, Dorobanti) with many embassies, bank and political party headquarters, you name it! Also Piata Romana, one of the 4 main squares in Bucharest is 3 minutes away by walking. I read your review with great pleasure and it was also a pleasure to meet you! It honors me you regard Christina so highly in comparison with other hotels all over the world! It was a treat to have you as my guests and for sure it will be the same in the future if you ever decide to visit again.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (170)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Turkish first
Luxembourg City, Luxembourg
Reviewed 28 July 2014

I spent a week at Hotel Christina on a business trip. I picked this hotel because of its very central location and of course, very good reviews on every website, anywhere. I have to say I was not disappointed For me, the most important aspect was the breakfast service and the comfort and I rate this hotel very high on both accounts. What is advertised is what you get, quite literally: appetizing breakfast, friendly staff, spotless clean and a happy atmosphere. And should something go wrong or should you need anything extra, you just have to talk to any member of the staff and they will help you as best as they can (for example I had to leave quite early and I asked for a very early breakfast which to my surprise was not a problem!). I really enjoyed my stay there and I even dare say I made new friends that I look forward to seeing again on my future trips to Bucharest!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
For sure you made new friends here in Bucharest as I am sure we found a friend in you! I read your review with great pleasure and I am looking forward to your next trip in Romania. Thank you very much for your review!
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
Reviewed 27 July 2014

We just came back from our two weeks trip around Eastern Europe, where, while in Bucharest we stayed at Hotel Christina. Very good choice for the price. Awesome breakfast included. Also, very fast internet connection. Definitely recommendable when in Bucharest. Old town is like 6 lei from hotel. They also offer airport transfer for only 20€!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
hotelchristina, Owner at Hotel Christina, responded to this review, 17 December 2014
Thank you very much for your review on TripAdvisor, I appreciate it allot! I hope that Bucharest was one of the highlights of your Eastern Europe trip. As you saw, it is a city with allot of potential even though tourists are not as many as in Budapest for example. Thank you for underlining the best aspects about your stay at Christina and I am sure if you decide to make us another visit, we will make it even better.
Reviewed 27 July 2014

During my weekend stay at hotel Christina, I must say I was impressed.Apart from the cleanliness and high standards (which really is something you would normally expect for a 4 star hotel), this hotel has impressed with how friendly the staff was, with its beautiful and playful design and with the amazing services it offers! I recommend it to anyone, no matter the purpose of travel and I will definitely pick it again if I go back!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
Thank you very much for your recommendations and review on TripAdvisor! It is a great satisfaction for me to know we managed to impress you and for sure I am hoping to do just the same in the future, for your next visits!
Onesti, Romania
Reviewed 24 July 2014

I had to spend a few days in Bucharest for a college reunion, which was worth it, of course, but Hotel Christina made the experience even better! They had no problem in offering and serving the welcoming tasting and glass of wine to my friends, even though they weren't staying there. The breakfast was very good and late enough (11 AM) to have even after a long night. Once I even had it after 11 AM and the breakfast was still there waiting for me. The personal touch made my stay, but there are other pluses like the rooms, design, atmosphere and cleanliness.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
I hope your college reunion went well and you had many wonderful memories to talk about. I am glad you included Christina in your experience and made it a small part of it and it will be a pleasure to have you as our guest for the next ones. Thank you very much for your review!
Brasov, Romania
Reviewed 23 July 2014

I have been following the TripAdvisor community for some time now and decided recently to make a review myself for something really worth it: Hotel Christina from Bucharest. Those that have been there already, know exactly what I a saying and those that didn't, will have to do it and find out that I am right. Everything is perfect: breakfast, cleanliness, staff. The location is also good if you want to stay in the Romana-Victoria area. The design is unique and the rooms have everything you need and a little bit more like electrical movable curtains! If there is one negative thing to say is that you have to walk one floor if you are staying at the 6th, but it is good for your health :).

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
It is a great reward to read reviews like yours, thank you very much for your time and support, it was a treat to have you as our guest!
Sibiu, Romania
Reviewed 23 July 2014

Even though my stay was quite short, I had a fabulous one! At Christina you feel like you are somewhere else, rather than just Bucharest, the service is at least as the one in western European countries. I cannot say a bad word about the cleanliness and definitely not a bad word about the breakfast (included for all the room types). I can t wait to have something to do in the city again in the future!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Dear Mihai, you review and comparison flatter us! It was a pleasure to have you as our guest and thank you very much for your review and rating!