“Just Unbelievable”
Review of Hotel Christina

Hotel Christina
Ranked #1 of 169 Hotels in Bucharest
Reviewed 18 August 2014

We were recommended this hotel and want to share it with anyone staying in Bucharest. The service is outstanding,staff go out of their way to help in any way possible, are friendly and made us feel at home. The room was clean,comfortable,quiet and had very comfortable beds.Breakfast was fantastic. A great choice,and again, the staff were so attentive. The manager of the hotel was there to tell us stories about Romanian history and his friendly welcome really made us want to return as soon as possible. Hotel Christina is one of a kind and is well worth a stay.

Room Tip: The fifth floor was excellent but my guess is all the rooms and floors are the same.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
hotelchristina, Owner at Hotel Christina, responded to this reviewResponded 19 December 2014

Thank you very much for your wonderful review and recommendations, I appreciate it very much! You are right about the floors, they are all the same, except the last one which is in the loft, for the bohemian soles :). At each floor there are 4 different type of rooms with different colors so next time you visit, you can pick a different one and so on to have always something new. I am very happy you enjoyed your experience at Christina and have wonderful Winter Holidays!

Reviewed 12 August 2014

We stayed here for two nights in late July.
We arrived late afternoon and couldn't find a parking space, so asked at reception and the owner Calin came out, stopped the traffic and directed us into a parking space on the pavement outside the hotel front entrance. He then introduced himself and offered us a welcome wine & cheese tasting as soon as we were ready after checking in. The room was nice, clean and comfortable, with a fridge, air-conditioning, an electric adjustable bed and electric curtains. The bed proved to be extremely comfortable and we both slept well.
We went straight back down and were shown onto a small terrace outside the restaurant, where we were given a large glass of red wine each and a large plate of mixed cheese, ham & bread each - definitely the best welcome we've ever had at a hotel. The waitress who served us was very friendly. Calin was sat at a table across the terrace and we had a very interesting conversation with him for the next hour or so. He shares our taste in music and had some fascinating stories about his life in Romania.
We ate in the restaurant that night and it was fantastic!! We had seen the menu online and liked what we saw, but the actual menu choice was much bigger and more varied than shown online.
Breakfast was great, with a large selection and attentive staff.
The day of our first breakfast was my husband's birthday and a few minutes after we arrived back in our room, our breakfast waiter knocked our door and presented him with a bottle of sparkling wine, iced in a wine cooler - "My colleague tells me it is your birthday!" Another lovely touch.
The old town of Bucharest is about half an hour's walk away and very easy to find.
As we left the hotel on our second evening, Calin was waiting for us in reception. Following on from our conversation the previous afternoon, he gave us some CDs of Romanian music that he had mentioned and we were unfamiliar with.
We were amazed at the amount of time and effort he put in on our behalf.
The only tiny negative thing we can find to mention is that the air-conditioning wasn't powerful enough to cope with the extremely hot weather (30 degrees plus and humid) and our Welsh heat tolerance was severely tested.
This doesn't stop us highly recommending Hotel Christina and for customer service alone, we can see why it has such a high Tripadvisor rating.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank AnnaNickB

Thank you very much for your lovely review, I appreciate it very much! For sure it was a pleasure, no effort at all, to have you as my guests and to have the wonderful opportunity to exchange some thoughts, it is always a pleasure for me! I am very happy you enjoyed your stay in Bucharest and that we could play a part in it. You are right about the online menu, that was the start and from there we tried to improve and have more options. We are trying to update it, but you know how these IT guys are, always busy, you can't live with them, you can't live without them. You are perfectly correct about the air conditioning for which I am very sorry, but I took measures and changed all the A/Cs in the hotel with allot more powerful ones, so next time you decide to make a visit, you can do it with no hesitation in the summer time! As I said, it was a delight and a big thank you for the review and recommendations, it means allot for me!

Reviewed 12 August 2014

Incredibly helpful staff who will go out of their way to help you enjoy your trip, the breakfast buffet is limitless with everything you could ever want and if it's not there they will make it for you! The rooms are fantasticly comfy.
Would certainly stay here again!

• Stayed: August 2014
hotelchristina, Owner at Hotel Christina, responded to this reviewResponded 17 December 2014

Next time you visit Bucharest, be assured we will be more than happy to have you as our guest! I am really glad you enjoyed your stay and the breakfast, a very important meal of the day so why not make it interesting and a good way to start it all :). Thank you very much for your review, it was a pleasure!

Reviewed 11 August 2014 via mobile

The hotel is a little bit far away from the famous touristic area Old Town. It takes about 20 minutes by walk. By taxi it's near but don't trust to Bucharest taxis. They will always deceive you.

Hotel is clean and quiet. But the air condition fan works in the lowest level. You don't feel cool enough but you can sleep.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled solo

Thank you very much for your review and photos! You are right about the taxis, Bucharest doesn't have the most honest people working in the taxi industry, but if we order you a taxi at the reception (regular yellow cab) there will be no problems, so you don't have to worry about this. The problems are sometimes when you try to pick it up from the street, this is why we recommend to call for one instead. Also, we can arrange for a private drive around the city for reasonable prices. I am glad you underlined some positive aspects about your stay and regarding the negative one: the A/C, you are perfectly correct, this is why we changed all the A/C unites in the hotel at the ending of the 2014 summer with very powerful ones, so next summer it will be perfectly cool for everybody. I hope you can make another visit when I am sure we can make it up to you and deserve a higher TripAdvisor rating from you.

Reviewed 7 August 2014

I was planning my trip to Bucharest for quite some time, preparing everything to the smallest detail, so you can imagine how disappointed I was when we heard that the hotel we booked was overbooked and had no more room for us. We were so lucky we found a room nearby, at Christina! The check-in went smooth and we even got something to eat and drink on the house. The room was a surprise as we didn't knew what to expect, but a very pleasant one: it is easy to know what I am talking just by watching the pictures. The design is refreshing, different, the flat screen TV has enough channels (even though who has time for TV when there are so many things to do in Bucharest?). The very consistent breakfast was just what we needed after a long night while the staffs recommendations on what to do were very useful. Everything turned out great in the end!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Louis Z

Even though your journey in Bucharest started out with the wrong foot as they say, I am very pleased to know that it all ended out on the better side. Pleasant surprises are the best ones, so I am very happy that you enjoyed your stay at Christina. When visiting the capital of Romania, you know now where you can find a warm welcome! Thank you very much for your wonderful review, I appreciate it!

Reviewed 7 August 2014

This hotel is the perfect place where you want to stay all the time: when you travel, when you're on holiday etc. Cleanliness is impeccable, the rooms are welcoming and have all the necessary facilities, very nice staff and helpfulI . I will definitely choose the same hotel when I will be in Bucharest.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Marioara S

I am flatter by your wonderful review, thank you very much! It will be a pleasure to have you as my guest again on your next trip to Bucharest!

Reviewed 6 August 2014

The title of the review says it all. The hotel is quiet, secluded and very pleasant. The staff are friendliness and helpfulness itself. But the air conditioning was broken and so, despite the use of fans, it made for an unpleasant stay. My colleague thought the same too. Seems a shame to mark down this because of that as otherwise I'd have rated it a find.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank mike h

I know what you mean about the air conditioning, but I am happy to announce that we managed to change all the air conditioners in the rooms with allot more powerful ones, so the summer of 2015 can bring all the heat and it will still be very cool in the rooms. I will be more than happy to have you as my guest in the next hot season. Thank you very much for underlining the positive aspects of your stay and I am sure there will be more on your next one. Thank you very much for your review!