“Top Notch”

Ranked #1 of 167 Hotels in Bucharest
London, United Kingdom
“Top Notch”
Reviewed 25 August 2014

We loved this hotel. It's trendy, immaculately clean, and has fantastic service. It's a small hotel in a quiet area a few minutes walk to local cafes and shops. The design is great. You really have everything you need - nothing has been overlooked. Staff are very attentive and friendly and available to help around the clock. The owner is always around to ensure his guests are being properly looked after and sit and tell stories about Romania over a couple or three shots of something rather strong! It's a great combination of boutique with family. The menu is good and breakfast second to none. Cant think of anything negative to say - it's a gem. Thank you to all the staff - we would definitely stay again.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
hotelchristina, Owner at Hotel Christina, responded to this review, 8 January 2015
Thank you very much for your nice review and a big hello from everybody at Christina! It is my pleasure to share a part of my culture with my guests and at the same time learn something myself, these talks are a very pleasant part of my activities and so are those shots :D. I am really glad to hear you enjoyed your experience here and for sure I am waiting you with my arms open whenever you revisit Bucharest.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (175)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Turkish first
Bucharest, Bucuresti, Romania
Reviewed 22 August 2014

My wife and me had decided to celebrate our 23 years wedding anniversary in a Bucharest city brake .According to this we had book a hotel in the middle of the actions . Big surprise ! Welcoming wine &cheese . Than they noticed something is going on (the flowers had arrive ) , immediately a bottle of champagne had appear to the table connected with with a guy short paints dressed , saying is the owner . He had excuse the unconventional dress . He sad is in processes to exchange the AC with new equipments ,and select us for the first night test .
A little worried we had accepted .
Wow ! very nice experience ! AC is top technology ,very powerful and very adaptive contain even anti virus air filter !

Room Tip: 8 rooms street view have already new fabulous AC
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Goshonoy G
hotelchristina, Owner at Hotel Christina, responded to this review, 19 December 2014
Indeed, those old A/C units got horrible as the time passed, so now we managed to change them in all the rooms and next summer it will be a perfect cool temperature for everybody. Very nice to read the review from the people that first tested the new Samsung A/Cs, I am glad we could share the moment and I appreciated your feedback! Thank you very much for your review, it was a pleasure to meet you! Congratulations on your wedding anniversary!
Rome, Italy
Reviewed 21 August 2014

First time I stay at Christina and also Bucharest for that matter! I am sure not all the hotels are that good, but this one really is. Very nice young people work there and try to make your stay very comfortable. They don't have uniforms or name tags and the atmosphere is relaxed, but I guess this is part of the reason why everything goes smooth. I don't think it is necessary to mention how nice is the breakfast or the rooms! Everything was perfect, can't wait to go back!

Room Tip: Room 13 has a huge terrace!
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled solo
Thank you very much for your review, we can't wait to have you back as our guest because it was our pleasure to have you. It is always nice to discover new cities, Bucharest has allot to offer and I am glad you started out on a high note. Indeed, we don't like being uptight and don't believe in the type of services you usually find in a big chain hotel. They are like fast-food hotels, nothing personal. Warm regards until your next visit!
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 19 August 2014

I have read very good reviews on TripAdvisor about this hotel and I wanted to give it a try since I had to visit Bucharest and I booked 4 nights trough Expedia.
Over all it's the best 4 stars hotel I ever stayed - It's a pretty new and small hotel - family owned - about 30 rooms, in a very convenient location - 5 minutes walking from Piata Romana where any kind of transportation is available or there is just another 15 minutes walk to the very centre of the city.
I have booked a standard room - good size - very clean with with very comfortable queen bed - the bed has a remote control and it can be adjusted the way you feel more comfortable for watching TV or to relax. The room was air conditioned adjustable with a remote control as well. Free WiFi. The bathroom is a good size to and very clean as well and everything is functioning just perfect - very nice shower with adjustable positions or use it by hand. Shower has a light in it with different colours and the water pressure is perfect. The breakfast is unbelievable rich - you have anything you can think off including fresh squeezed juices, any coffee you want that can be served on the small terrace of the hotel. The staff is very helpful and friendly and they do everything to make you feel good. I'll recommend this hotel to anyone who likes something simple, real and good quality and there is no doubt in my mind why this hotel has the best reviews.
Nicolae D. Toronto, Canada

Room Tip: Room 51 was excellent - standard room
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
Thank you very much for your review and room tip! I am very happy to know you gave our hotel a try and that it raised to your expectations! Always when visiting Bucharest, rest assured you will find a warm welcome at Christina.
London
Reviewed 18 August 2014

We were recommended this hotel and want to share it with anyone staying in Bucharest. The service is outstanding,staff go out of their way to help in any way possible, are friendly and made us feel at home. The room was clean,comfortable,quiet and had very comfortable beds.Breakfast was fantastic. A great choice,and again, the staff were so attentive. The manager of the hotel was there to tell us stories about Romanian history and his friendly welcome really made us want to return as soon as possible. Hotel Christina is one of a kind and is well worth a stay.

Room Tip: The fifth floor was excellent but my guess is all the rooms and floors are the same.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
Thank you very much for your wonderful review and recommendations, I appreciate it very much! You are right about the floors, they are all the same, except the last one which is in the loft, for the bohemian soles :). At each floor there are 4 different type of rooms with different colors so next time you visit, you can pick a different one and so on to have always something new. I am very happy you enjoyed your experience at Christina and have wonderful Winter Holidays!
Reviewed 12 August 2014

We stayed here for two nights in late July.
We arrived late afternoon and couldn't find a parking space, so asked at reception and the owner Calin came out, stopped the traffic and directed us into a parking space on the pavement outside the hotel front entrance. He then introduced himself and offered us a welcome wine & cheese tasting as soon as we were ready after checking in. The room was nice, clean and comfortable, with a fridge, air-conditioning, an electric adjustable bed and electric curtains. The bed proved to be extremely comfortable and we both slept well.
We went straight back down and were shown onto a small terrace outside the restaurant, where we were given a large glass of red wine each and a large plate of mixed cheese, ham & bread each - definitely the best welcome we've ever had at a hotel. The waitress who served us was very friendly. Calin was sat at a table across the terrace and we had a very interesting conversation with him for the next hour or so. He shares our taste in music and had some fascinating stories about his life in Romania.
We ate in the restaurant that night and it was fantastic!! We had seen the menu online and liked what we saw, but the actual menu choice was much bigger and more varied than shown online.
Breakfast was great, with a large selection and attentive staff.
The day of our first breakfast was my husband's birthday and a few minutes after we arrived back in our room, our breakfast waiter knocked our door and presented him with a bottle of sparkling wine, iced in a wine cooler - "My colleague tells me it is your birthday!" Another lovely touch.
The old town of Bucharest is about half an hour's walk away and very easy to find.
As we left the hotel on our second evening, Calin was waiting for us in reception. Following on from our conversation the previous afternoon, he gave us some CDs of Romanian music that he had mentioned and we were unfamiliar with.
We were amazed at the amount of time and effort he put in on our behalf.
The only tiny negative thing we can find to mention is that the air-conditioning wasn't powerful enough to cope with the extremely hot weather (30 degrees plus and humid) and our Welsh heat tolerance was severely tested.
This doesn't stop us highly recommending Hotel Christina and for customer service alone, we can see why it has such a high Tripadvisor rating.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank AnnaNickB
Thank you very much for your lovely review, I appreciate it very much! For sure it was a pleasure, no effort at all, to have you as my guests and to have the wonderful opportunity to exchange some thoughts, it is always a pleasure for me! I am very happy you enjoyed your stay in Bucharest and that we could play a part in it. You are right about the online menu, that was the start and from there we tried to improve and have more options. We are trying to update it, but you know how these IT guys are, always busy, you can't live with them, you can't live without them. You are perfectly correct about the air conditioning for which I am very sorry, but I took measures and changed all the A/Cs in the hotel with allot more powerful ones, so next time you decide to make a visit, you can do it with no hesitation in the summer time! As I said, it was a delight and a big thank you for the review and recommendations, it means allot for me!
Reviewed 12 August 2014

Incredibly helpful staff who will go out of their way to help you enjoy your trip, the breakfast buffet is limitless with everything you could ever want and if it's not there they will make it for you! The rooms are fantasticly comfy.
Would certainly stay here again!

• Stayed August 2014
hotelchristina, Owner at Hotel Christina, responded to this review, 17 December 2014
Next time you visit Bucharest, be assured we will be more than happy to have you as our guest! I am really glad you enjoyed your stay and the breakfast, a very important meal of the day so why not make it interesting and a good way to start it all :). Thank you very much for your review, it was a pleasure!