“Excellent Experience!”

Epoque Hotel
Ranked #2 of 169 Hotels in Bucharest
Reviewed 13 April 2013 via mobile

Very nice boutique Hotel, located near Cismigiu Gardens and the city center;
Large and comfortable rooms (suites); great bed and warm welcome from all the staff.
Very good service and food, served both in the restaurant and room.
Small but complete Fitness & Spa (next time will need to try a massage!).
My "place to stay" in Bucharest for sure for my next business trip!

• Stayed: April 2013
2  Thank AlexF71
Diana P, Owner at Epoque Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 18 April 2013

Dear Valuable Guest,
Thank you for chosing Epoque for your stay in Bucharest and thank you also for your detailed review.
Your feedback is really important to us and we are really proud we made your stay at Epoque an enjoyable experience.
We look forward to your next visit and I can assure you we will do our best to make Epoque your "home" in Bucharest.

Reviewed 13 April 2013

I spent 2 holidays at Epoque hotel and nothing but amazing experiences and wonderful it was. Desk, restaurant, bar, and door staff all very helpful and friendly.Looking forward to stay there in during summer time.

Very good hotel - very highly recommended :)

Noroc = Cheers :)

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with friends
Diana P, Owner at Epoque Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 18 April 2013

Dear Mr Ismail,
Thank you for your kind words and thank you for chosing Hotel Epoque for your trips to Bucharest. We are really proud and honnored by your appreciation.
We will be looking forward to welcome you this summer again!
Best regards and noroc :) (noroc also means goodluck :)

Owner&CEO

Reviewed 7 April 2013

Even though I live in Bucharest, I took my wife out on a romantic day at this hotel.
The hotel is located right near the Cismigiu Park,in the center of Bucharest, on a quiet neighborhood.
At first glance this hotel reminded me of the old hotels in Vienna.It is build in an old fashion arhitectural style which is very appealing to my taste.
The rooms are very spacious and clean.We had a junior suite and it was large.It was located at the fifth flour and the view was nice.The bathroom is large and divided in two compartments which makes it very functional.
The spa looks good, especially the pool area.The pool has 3 hydromassage jets for the cervical area and at one end of the pool there is a jaccuzi-like area.
We had an hour reserved for massage - couple massage, and it was very relaxing.
In my opinion the best part at this hotel is the food at the restaurant.Here you can taste fine dishes of french cuisine.The food is simply amazing making each meal a sinful delight.
I definetly recommend each and every tourist to have at least 2 meals at his hotel's restaurant.
I would definetly recommend this hotel to every tourist who wants to visit Bucharest.
Congratulions for the staff,especially the receptionist and the chef !

Room Tip: Ask for a room at the top 2 floors.
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
Diana P, Owner at Epoque Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 12 April 2013

Dear Valuable Guest,
Thank you very much for chosing our hotel to spend a romantic weekend with your wife, and special thanks for the very detailed review.
We are extremely delighted our entire team managed to raise up to your expectations and provided you with an enjoyable experience.
Your kind words make me and my team very proud and thank you again.
We will soon refresh our restaurant menu and really hope you will offer us the chance to make you "sin" once again.

Reviewed 3 April 2013

Great hotel, good food, reasonable prices and excellent customer service, all close to Bucharest sight. However, I was disappointed with the service quality at the spa, mostly because three out of four times when I visited there was no one there so could not turn on saunas etc. (They were always off when I arrived.) Additionally, when I did get a hold of someone to ask for clean tea cups, they simply replied "there aren't any more", as opposed to actually getting some/cleaning some. The spa facilities are very nice, it was just the service that I found not to be up to this hotels high standards.

In any case, I had a wonderful time and I really appreciated the free room upgrade!

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with friends
Diana P, Owner at Epoque Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 5 April 2013

Dear valuable guest,

We are very pleased you enjoyed staying at Epoque and we thank you for your detailed review.
We deeply regret the difficulties you encountered in the SPA area, and I personally took measures and changed the schedule of the SPA personnel, so that such incidents will not appear in the future.
We do our utmost to keep our guests happy and we assure you that it was an isolated case.
Your feedback is very important to us as it helps us to constantly improve our services, and I thank you for taking the time to share it.

Looking forward to welcoming you back and hope you will experince the SPA again.
Until then, safe trips and best regards from our team,

Reviewed 26 March 2013

We stayed at Époque for three nights. From the day we arrived ( from the hotels' airport pick up service) to when we checked out on our last day, the service was superb. We were greeted by reception with champagne on arrival. Everyone was extremely friendly and helpful. Our room was very spacious - large bathroom, bedroom and sitting room with a lovely view out the front of the hotel. Good Internet connection all through the hotel - bedrooms and public areas. Make sure you take advantage of the spa and gym - was great place to relax and hang out after long walks through the city. Dinner in the restaurant was wonderful - waiter was very helpful with food and wine recommendations. Ive fallen in love with Romanian wines! This hotel was top notch. There is no better place to stay in Bucharest!

Room Tip: Room 206 was great!
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
Diana P, Owner at Epoque Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 April 2013

Dear Valuable Guest,
Thank you for chosing Epoque for your trip to Bucharest. We are delighted and proud that our team managed to make your stay as nice as you describe it, and we hope we will soon have the opportunity to welcome you again.
We saved a bottle of Romanian wine especially for you!
Thank you again for your appreciation!

Qwner & CEO

Reviewed 10 March 2013

I stayed at the Epoque with clients as part of a football away game party. We were looked after extremely well. The rooms were clean and the spa, gym, and pool were great. The bar staff were helpful and there is wifi available in public areas as well as the rooms. Location is good and a easy walk to the city centre.

Highly recommended.

• Stayed: March 2013
Diana P, Owner at Epoque Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 11 March 2013

Dear Valuable Guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your feedback with us and we really appreciate your kind remarks.
We are extremely pleased that you enjoyed the time spent at Epoque. Indeed the entire Epoque team did its best to make you and your colleagues stay a memorable one.
We really hope we will have the chance to welcome you again during your next trip to Bucharest.

Reviewed 21 February 2013

I stayed for 3 days in this hotel. Compared with other five star hotels in Bucharest , is located in a very quiet area , no cars or noise. The rooms are really spacious and evrything in rooms seems to be of high quality ( maybe excpet the windows where I felt a little cold in the near area). The hotel is very clean and services are at high level.
The pool in the spa area is small , but the atmosphere there is very relaxing.
The food is excellent and the chef is nice and is socializing with the guests.
Allover I clearlly preffer this hotelfrom the five star hotels in Bucharest.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled on business
Diana P, Owner at Epoque Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 March 2013

Dear Mr Jitaru,

Thank you for ”retreating in the heart of the city”, at Epoque. We are glad that our promise of quietness and intimate atmosphere has been kept and that you enjoyed your staying with us.
Indeed, the building and everything inside is only two years old, we did not make any discount on the quality and we are happy you noticed.
Thank you for the tip with the windows, we will verify and try to mend if the case.

We wish you many happy returns!
Kind regards