“Loved this luxurious city break spa hotel”
Review of Epoque Hotel

Epoque Hotel
Ranked #2 of 166 Hotels in Bucharest
Tulbagh, South Africa
“Loved this luxurious city break spa hotel”
Reviewed 16 July 2013

We thoroughly enjoyed our short stay at the Epoque Hotel. It is just a short distance away from the hussle and bussle of the old town but close enough to walk to. The staff were very friendly and professional. We really enjoyed the breakfasts and ate at the restaurant in the evening which was very good french cuisine. Our room was extremely spacious as we had a junior suite. We also loved the spa downstairs, with a great indoor swimming pool, steam room, sauna etc. Overall a fantastic stay.

Room Tip: The junior suites were very spacious.
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
Diana P, Owner at Epoque Hotel, responded to this review, 17 July 2013
Dear Valuable Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at Epoque Hotel with us and other millions of travellers.
I am really proud that we managed to deliver a fantastic experience and we proved Epoque Hotel to be the best choice.
Your kind words are really an incentive to me and my entire team to pursue excellence in every aspect.
Hope you will return for a longer stay, so that you can enjoy even more our small "paradise".
Best regards from Epoque team!
Owner& CEO

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (129)
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
Reviewed 15 July 2013

We ordered a suite arriving from a long overseas flight w family. We were accommodated on the 5th floor and whilst the layout of the room was nice and spacious we feel kind of trapped in 2 rooms with barely any windows - but lots of curtains to cover the walls. We first expected windows to be behind it but were disappointed after pulling them back - tiny roof window in main living area and very small window looking onto another wall in the main bedroom.

Since we are exhausted and stay only one night we are putting up with it - disappointing for the price tag of EU 285.00. We would have been accommodated in 2 separate rooms at Interconti at EU 240.00/ total ( which we cancelled). Service is friendly and attentive, location great and close to a beautiful park in a quiet cul-de-sac! When back in Bucarest I will probably opt for 2 rooms at Interconti instead of paying a premium for a windowless room.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
4 Thank Travel2Adventure
Diana P, Owner at Epoque Hotel, responded to this review, 30 July 2013
Dear Valuable Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback, it is very important for us since we are commited to providing the best experiences to our guests.

I was very sorry you did not find the suite very appropriate for your taste, I really regret it but unfortunately this is the architecture of our building. It is a new building, built in 2010 but in a neo-romanian architectural style, and we had this constraint at the time we built it, the roof to cover the last two floors, as you could probably easily see also from outside the building.

I really hope next time you travel to Bucharest you will give us the chance to welcome you again, and we will make sure to assign a lower floor suite, so that you can enjoy our French balconies and the much larger windows.

Kind regards,
Owner&CEO
Oakland, California
Reviewed 11 July 2013

I got a great rate at Epoque Hotel at the last minute, and found it to be good value for the $108/night rate. I only intended to stay one night but stayed a second night (at $175/night) because I was so comfortable there. However, I should say I found the TripAdvisor reviews/awards a little misleading by American standards. This is not a true luxury hotel, more of a well-run boutique hotel. $108/night was a great deal. $175/night a little less so.

First, the service is excellent, almost equivalent to a five-star hotel in my opinion. Every single staff person I interacted with seemed willing to go above and beyond, and genuinely wanted to help. I felt very comfortable staying here.

The room I stayed in was spacious and had a suite-like layout. It almost felt like an apartment. I personally prefer large rooms with lots of open space, but this was nice and would probably be a great setup for a business trip. A real working desk. Internet was a bit of a pain, requiring re-authentication, but it ran well.

The location is great, right next to Cismigiu park on a quiet street, and within walking distance to the Old City, where there are tons of restaurants and bars. One Wednesday night I went to a concert and walked back around 11:30pm and the streets were completely deserted. I could hear my own footsteps. As a big guy, I still felt a little bit uncomfortable, just a heads up.

Breakfast was solid in the morning. I ordered room service one night and the food was actually very good. Ingredients were fresh and well-prepared, also the room service was reasonable, not the obscene prices US hotels charge.

I checked the spa out one day and it was...interesting. Nice to have complimentary access as a guest, but not quite what you would expect. The "Emotional Shower" was quite...unusual. Lots of lights and water spraying from unconventional angles. I had a good laugh, felt like a scene out of Lost in Translation.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank sanfrooklyn
Diana P, Owner at Epoque Hotel, responded to this review, 17 July 2013
Dear Valuable Guest,

Thank you for chosing Epoque Hotel during your stay in Bucharest and I am really glad you had an enjoyable stay. I also want to thank you for taking the time to write such a detailed review, your feedback it is very important for us to get better and better. It is a great reward for me is to see our guests engaging with our hotel.
On behalf of the entire Epoque team allow me to thank you for your nice words, the staff attitude and service is indeed one of our greatest strenghts and differentiatiors.
Should you travel to Bucharest again, I hope you will chose us again as your hosts.
Kind regards,
Owner& CEO
Reviewed 5 July 2013 via mobile

When you stay in an hotel on business the acid test is always this: would you part with your own money to stay there? Too often, the answer is a resounding "no", but in this case I would absolutely pay to stay. The location is good in a quiet cul-de-sac near a park, and the old heart if the city is a 15 minute stroll away. What sets the hotel apart, however, is the excellent quality of the rooms. The fact that my biggest complaint is that the bathroom was a little narrow tells you that I'm struggling to find fault. Ok, the breakfast buffet could be better, but this is a small hotel so it would be unreasonable to expect much more. I can't comment on the gym or restaurant, however colleagues told me both were fine. Having stayed at both the Marriott and Novotel in Bucharest, this place comfortably beats both.

Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
Dear Valuable Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to write such a detailed review and your kind words really flatter us.
The fact that we passes the 'Acid test" is the best reward any guest could give us.
I really hope that you will give us the opportunity to welcome you again not only for business purposes, maybe you will even try our free bikes for a ride in the city, as you may have seen, many of our guests really enjoy it.
Many happy returns to Epoque !
Stillwater, Oklahoma
Reviewed 24 June 2013 via mobile

Staff exceptional. Bistro and mini bar a bit expensive considering outside options (we got a bag full of drinks a block away for the price of one 33cl bottle of water). However, the free room service coffee was a very welcome touch while waiting for the fam to wake up, as was the buffet breakfast and free bike usage.
The staff expertly handled my unscrupulous airport can driver which could've spelled disaster for our stay. Looking forward to another couple of days here at the Époque!

• Stayed June 2013
Dear Valuable Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to share your opinion and on behalf of Epoque team many thanks for you kind words.
I am really happy you enjoyed your stay at Epoque and that we managed to raise up to your expectation. We are indeed committed to providing memorable experiences to our guests.
Look forward to being your hosts again during your future trip to Bucharest!
Best regards,
Bratislava, Bratislava, Slovakia
Reviewed 17 June 2013

Beautifull hotell just 3min walk from the most beautifull park in Bucharest...Free bikes were a perfect oportunity to see Bucharest 3 times faster or to see 3x more things than we would manage just by walking :)

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear Valuable Guest,
It was a real pleasure to meet you both in person during your stay at Epoque and I'm really happy you enjoyed the time you spent in Bucharest. Our bikes are indeed "the hit"of the summer and hope you will visit us again for a ride accross the city.
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience and thank you for your kind words.
Looking forward to greeting you and your friends again soon.

Best regards
Exeter, United Kingdom
Reviewed 11 June 2013

I booked a suite at the Epoque for one night. I arrived on a very early flight but they were able to provide me with a suite at 8.30am. The suite was excellent, the gym small but reasonably equipped, and the relaxation pool very relaxing (dimmed lighting and blue-tinted water). The best feature was the provision of free bicycles so I was able to cycle around Bucharest and see the city very quickly and conveniently. Breakfast was also good. I can thoroughly recommend the Epoque.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
Diana P, Owner at Epoque Hotel, responded to this review, 15 June 2013
Dear Valuable Guest,

Thank you for chosing Epoque and for taking the time to write a detailed review.

I am glad you enjoyed the ride with our bikes (who are indeed highly appreciated by our guests) and also the time spent in our cosy spa.
I hope you will return to Epoque Hotel soon, and we will do our best to deliver you the most enjoyable experience.
Best regards,