“Absolutely great!”

Ranked #2 of 172 Hotels in Bucharest
Munich, Germany
“Absolutely great!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 November 2013

We have stayed in Epoque Hotel for few nights and I don't have anything to complain about but on the contrary... only great things to say. The hotel is extremely well located... close to Cismigiu park and to the Old Town (7 min by foot). The rooms are very nice, well equiped and spacious. I personally haven't used the spa but my friend said it was very nice and cosy. The beds are very very comfy and and there no noise bothering you.
Epoque Hotel was a random choice from Trip Advisor and other web sites and I am extremely happy we made this choice.
One very important thing is the service of the team which was absolutely great. I am originally Romanian and I know for a fact that "good service" is not always the case in Bucharest. At Epoque Hotel everyone is always there to guide you, to help and to be assured that guests have a great stay.
I can only highly recommend this hotel! Good job Epoque Hotel!!!!

Room Tip: executive suits 4th floor great terrace in summer.
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
Diana P, Owner at Epoque Hotel, responded to this review, 18 November 2013
Dear Ms Carina,
Thank you for posting such a nice and detailed review on Tripadvisor about Epoque Hotel, I'm sure it will help other travellers make the best choice.
I passed your compliments to our team and they were all very motivated, grateful and proud to have succeeded in delivering such an enjoyable experience.
I personally thank you again for chosing Epoque and for your kind words, and hope we will have the chance to be your hosts again in the near future.
Owner & CEO

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (122)
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
Reno
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 November 2013

Hotel and staff are excellent, as the restaurant. Rooms are well appointed, and spacious. Location, while close to parks, is a bit if a hike to old town. A neighborhood market is close and has quality products for reasonable prices.

• Stayed November 2013
Diana P, Owner at Epoque Hotel, responded to this review, 18 November 2013
Dear Valuable Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience regarding your recent stay at Epoque Hotel.
I am glad you enjoyed the time spent with us and hope we will have the chance to welcome you again.
Best regards,
Vienna, Austria
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 November 2013

We loved the room as it was big and very clean. Mimi bar was full of drinks and snacks. This is a first hotel in my life where I found a condoms ext to the mini bar :) very good idea. The TV has so many programs in all kind of languages. When we arrived we start with a lunch in a hotel restaurant. I have to say, that the food was delicious. We also enjoyed the SPA and the massage. It was relaxing. The tea and fruit is available in a SPA.
Breakfast was just perfect. Lots of choices. Good service and real coffee.
The hotel stuff was helpful and always smiling.
I recommend this hotel for couples, families or for business.
If I come to Bucharest again I will definitely choose an Epoque hotel.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Valuable Guest,
Thank you for posting such a nice review on Tripadvisor regarding your recent stay at Epoque Hotel.
I am happy to notice you really enjoyed the 360 degrees Epoque experience - boutique accomodation, luxury restaurant and cosy spa, thank you for all your kind words.
Many thanks for recommending Epoque to other travellers, and hope we will have the chance to welcome you again in Epoque Hotel.
Santa Cruz, California, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 November 2013

I recently enjoyed a long stay at the Epoque and really cannot say enough good things about it to do it justice. I was in a suite with a king bed, 1-room living area, and a large bath with both a shower and tub. The room itself was excellent - bed was firm, good closet, desk, plenty of electrical outlets - a high-quality room at an affordable price. The spa downstairs and the restaurant are both excellent - the spa primarily for the massage and sauna/steam offerings. The fitness room is small and the equipment somewhat limited, but I was still able to get in better shape by the time I left than I was in when I arrived. The kitchen staff are phenomenal - I ate room service practically every night and always enjoyed it tremendously. The Salade Nicoise and the sea bass were particular favorites, but everything on the menu was excellent - flavorful, fresh, delicious. But the real standout at the Epoque is the staff - every single person I interacted with was extremely friendly and helpful, and nearly everyone spoke excellent English. I have only stayed in one other hotel in Bucharest, but I have to believe that the Epoque is one of the very best - it is hard to imagine how anyone could do better.

Room Tip: If I were to stay a shorter time or splurge on a more lavish room, I would try to book one on either...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled solo

Dear Valuable Guest,
Many many thanks for taking the time to post such a nice review regarding your recent stay at Epoque Hotel, is is really rewarding to see we managed to deliver such an enjoyable experience while you were our guest.
I hope we will have the chance to welcome you again, as very soon we will be able to enchant you with new dishes signed by our French resident Chef Stephane.
I passed your compliemnts to our team, they are really incentivized and motivated by your kind remarks.
Thank you again and look forward to having you as our guest again.
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 November 2013

I travel to Bucharest for business and always stay at the Epoque Hotel. After long days filled with the stress of business meetings and traveling, the Epoque provides a quite place to relax and unwind. The hotel staff has a sincere desire to meet your every need. The dining experience is always perfect, thanks to an amazing chef and excellent service. The rooms make you feel like you are at home.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business

Dear Valuable Guest,
Thank you for always chosing Epoque, your loyalty honours and obliges us to outperform so to always meet and even exceed your expectations.
Is is very rewarding for me and the entire Epoque team when we receive such a great feedback from our esteemed guests, especially when they are expressed publicly on Tripadvisor. Thank you for taking the time to post this nice review.
Many thanks from Chef Stephane, we look forward to your next visit, as in about one week we will launch the new menu, specially and carefully designed by Stephane, we hope you will enjoy it.
Until then, safe trips and warm regards,
Chichester
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 November 2013

Just returned from Bucharest after 3 days there and stayed in the Epoque Hotel, The Hotel is tucked away but close enough to the Centre to walk which we did.
The rooms are Excellent and very spacious we had a junior Suite which was more than enough space for the two of us, I think the bigger ones have a bath and the family rooms have two bedrooms but a Junior is more than enough for a couple.
The Hotel staff were at all times professional/Helpful and nothing was to much trouble.
The Breakfast was plentiful and the Service from the staff was again Excellent.
Will not hesitate to stay here again and will recommend to all our Family and Friends.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear Valuable guest,
Thank you for taking the time to post such a great review on Tripadvisor, it is really helpfull for us as well as for other guests when trying to make their travel choices.
I am happy you enjoyed the Epoque experience and thank you form all our team members for the nice remarks.
Should you decide to visit Bucharest again, please do not hesitate to contact me directly to settle the accomodation details, I will make sure to include a free upgrade, so that you will test also a higher category suite than the Junior you had this time.
Until then, safe trips and kind regards from Epoque.
Owner&CEO
Tulcea, Romania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 November 2013

We were there for two nights for a special celebration . The staff learned about it and a bottle of wine plus some macarons waits us in the room .Very nice !
In the first evening we've decided to take dinner at the hotel Bistro . It was one of our best meals in the entire life. It was truly a fine dining! Congratulations to Chef Stephane to whom we spoke at the end and we had a nice conversation. The waiter was also very nice and helpful . A bit expensive but, worth the money.
Location of the hotel is perfect : walking distance to the old city and very quite street.
We would like to thank to whole staff and warmly recommend it to everybody who's coming to Bucharest.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family

Dear Mr Liviu,
Thank you for posting such a great review regarding your recent (and special) stay at Epoque.
It was a pleasure and honor to have you as our guest, and I am really pleased we successfully participated to turn the special occasion you celebrated into a memorable one. As a boutique hotel we treasure the personalized services and pay extra attention to details, and I am happy you noticed.

I really hope you will return to Epoque hotel with other occasions, the whole team will be happy to welcome you again.
Kind regards from Epoque,