“Fantastic hotel”

Ranked #2 of 168 Hotels in Bucharest
Sofia, Bulgaria
“Fantastic hotel”
Reviewed 18 November 2013

Helpful staff, perfect location, 10 minutes walk to all interesting places in town. Nice and clean rooms. Breakfast was also excellent with nice coffee, real juices and whatever you can want from a breakfast. Wi-fi is everywhere in the hotel with very good speed. Parking on the street and also under the hotel. Spa looking good (we did not try it) . May be if I have to say something not so good , I did not like the pillows and also prices in restaurant are pretty expensive for Romania , but also reasonable for a 5 star hotel. Hotel is very good choice for all the travellers to Bucharest.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple

Diana P, Owner at Epoque Hotel, responded to this review, 20 November 2013
Dear Mr Mario,
It eas a pleasure to have you as our guest and I am grateful you took the time to post such a nice review on Tripadvisor about your recent experience at Epqoue Hotel.
I would like to apologize for the inconvenience with the pillows being too soft, we have a pillow menu available for our guests (including orthopedic pilows), so should you visit us again please do not hesitate to ask for one.
Thank you again for your kind remarks, it is very rewarding for our entire team when our guests are satisfied.
Look forward to having you back at Epoque Hotel.
Kind regards,
Owner & CEO

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (131)
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
Alexandria, Virginia
Reviewed 18 November 2013

We arrived late and the staff took car of everything for us. We woke up completely refreshed in our very spacious room and after a shower headed down to the warm salt water pool that had jets and sprayers to massage your back and neck. Finally, we enjoyed the breakfast buffet and a nice cup of coffee. What a way to start your vacation in Romania.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family

Diana P, Owner at Epoque Hotel, responded to this review, 19 November 2013
Dear Valuable Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to post a review on Tripadvisor about your recent stay at Epoque Hotel.
I am really glad we managed to deliver such an enjoyable experience, we are very proud to have made your vacation starting with the right foot.
Thank you again for such nice words, and should Bucharest be among your travel destinations again, we would be very hapy to be your hosts again.
Happy holidays!
Reims, France
Reviewed 17 November 2013

Well priced, well appointed hotel. 20 minutes walk from the old town with its eclectic mix of bars and restaurants. The Epoque's rooms have a separate bedroom, a sitting room and a bathroom with walk in shower and best of all, a deep bath just made for soaking away travel stiffness and jet lag. The complimentary breakfast covers all the bases, cheeses, hams, bacon, eggs etc; then there is fresh fruit and a pastry and bread selection. Smoked salmon and cooked to order eggs and omelettes round out the offerings. The coffee is pretty awesome too.

All the staff I came into contact with are a credit to the hotel. They are bright and attentive and friendly and helpful. In short, the right sort of people for the job.

The hotel had a car and driver waiting for me when I landed. The service was not cheap, but after flying from Las Vegas to Los Angeles, then on to Paris before making my connection to Bucharest, it was money well spent to calm my frazzled mind.

The hotel was completely sold out for the duration of my trip, but you would never know it. The rooms are so well soundproofed you don't hear a peep from anyone else.

If I am ever back in Bucharest, Époque Hotel would be my number one choice.

Room Tip: Be sure to ask for a room with a bath.
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Steve Kelly P
Dear Valuable Guest,
I really appreciate the time you took to share your recent experience at Epoque Hotel on Tripadvisor.
I personally thank you for your feedback, your kind words are an incentive to the entire Epoque team to outperform every day.
We hope we will have the chance to welcome you again in the future, and next time we also recomend you try our cozy spa and a jet-leg revival massage, other long distance travellers apreciate it a lot.
Kind regards from Bucharest
Tel Aviv, Tel Aviv, Israel
Reviewed 13 November 2013

starting at the wellcome with a galss of champaine, warm and friendly satff, big room and comfertable, we came to celebrate our universiry and recieved champaine and cookies..
great breakfast with your coice of eggs and coffe, panacota for desert - all from a french chef.
was one of the best hotel experience we ever had!

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Mr Igal,

It was a pleasure to meet you and your spouse in person at Epoque Hotel, thank you for posting such a nice review on Tripadvisor.

I am very pleased we managed to make your special trip even memorable, and I am grateful you apreciated our small surprise. This is how we make a difference, by paying attention to details and enhancing the travel experiences of our guests.

You promissed to be back so I look forward to welcoming you back in Epoque Hotel.
Warm regards to you and your spouse,
Constanta, Constanta, Romania
Reviewed 12 November 2013

Excellent staff, extremely friendly and helpful,,spacious rooms.We stay in a suite with a king bed, 1-room living area, and a large bath with both a shower and tub.Excellent restaurant and very good breakfast.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family

Dear Ms Adriana,
Thank you for posting a review on Tripadvisor regarding your recent stay at Epoque.
I am pleased you had an enjoyable experience in the hotel and restaurant as well, merits were passed to our Executive Chef Stephane.
I look forward to having you back again in Epoque Hotel.
Best regards,
Munich, Germany
Reviewed 12 November 2013

We have stayed in Epoque Hotel for few nights and I don't have anything to complain about but on the contrary... only great things to say. The hotel is extremely well located... close to Cismigiu park and to the Old Town (7 min by foot). The rooms are very nice, well equiped and spacious. I personally haven't used the spa but my friend said it was very nice and cosy. The beds are very very comfy and and there no noise bothering you.
Epoque Hotel was a random choice from Trip Advisor and other web sites and I am extremely happy we made this choice.
One very important thing is the service of the team which was absolutely great. I am originally Romanian and I know for a fact that "good service" is not always the case in Bucharest. At Epoque Hotel everyone is always there to guide you, to help and to be assured that guests have a great stay.
I can only highly recommend this hotel! Good job Epoque Hotel!!!!

Room Tip: executive suits 4th floor great terrace in summer.
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
Dear Ms Carina,
Thank you for posting such a nice and detailed review on Tripadvisor about Epoque Hotel, I'm sure it will help other travellers make the best choice.
I passed your compliments to our team and they were all very motivated, grateful and proud to have succeeded in delivering such an enjoyable experience.
I personally thank you again for chosing Epoque and for your kind words, and hope we will have the chance to be your hosts again in the near future.
Kind regards,
Reno
Reviewed 11 November 2013

Hotel and staff are excellent, as the restaurant. Rooms are well appointed, and spacious. Location, while close to parks, is a bit if a hike to old town. A neighborhood market is close and has quality products for reasonable prices.

• Stayed November 2013
Dear Valuable Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience regarding your recent stay at Epoque Hotel.
I am glad you enjoyed the time spent with us and hope we will have the chance to welcome you again.
Best regards,