“Superb =D”

Ranked #2 of 166 Hotels in Bucharest
London, United Kingdom
“Superb =D”
Reviewed 4 December 2013

Stayed over a short business weekend in room 101. The hotel is clearly quite new, one of the newest I saw in Bucharest. It is fairly small but has everything that's needed. Close to everything but not in a noisy location.

The Spa is great, with a small but adequate pool I was the only person using it which made it very relaxing. Well equipped gym, which I was keen to try out, unfortunately I forgot my shorts! Some tables and loungers were by the pool with a menu. I was never spoken to about ordering anything which was a shame. Others have mentioned the lack of jacuzzi, it would be a welcome addition.

Room 101 was large, comfortable and had the best stocked mini-bar I've ever seen! Heating controls were excellent and very modern.

The bedroom had a huge bed which was let down by polyester sheets. There were three types of pillows. Easy to use safe, convenient plug sockets, Ethernet connections (wireless too) and TV with loads of channels. Room has a window but no view, not really an issue. There is also a dressing table and large wardrobe.

The bathroom has an enormous double shower in the wet room complete with bidet and loo. In the rest of the bathroom there is a large bath and double sinks. Heated floor in the wet room was amazing! Plenty of towels etc.

The reception area in my room had a sofa, coffee table and desk again with convenient power and Ethernet connections. Another larger TV across the room. The room was spoilt by a large empty area between the TV and sofa. A cabinet under the TV would have made it look much less bare. The mini-bar had everything, there was no room left for anything else! Prices for the mini bar put me off, which is a shame as otherwise I would have used it.

Restaurant was good, with a varied French menu and skilled chef. Portions were plentiful and delicious. Breakfast was equally as enjoyable with food cooked to order in addition to buffet. Service was superb.

Bar was well stocked with a friendly knowledgeable bartender open for a chat, which was stopped me from going stir-crazy! Prices were fairly reasonable for the service and quality received. Seating in the bar area was not very relaxing, could have done with a few sofas, I spent less time in the bar purely because of the seating which is a shame.

Concierge staff were incredibly helpful and were always on the end of the phone if anything was needed. I booked a private car for dinner one night, at a very reasonable price.

-1 for value purely because of the high mini-bar prices.
-1 for Sleep Quality because the sheets weren't particularly comfortable.
-1 for spa because of no service.

Everything else was superb. I look forward to staying again/

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
Dear Valuable Guest,
I would like to personally thank you for taking so much time to write such a detailed review on Tripadvisor regarding your recent stay at Epoque Hotel.
I read with great pleasure all the kind words and also your observations, your feedback is extremely important to improve in any aspect we may.
I assure you that all aspects you mentioned have been discussed with our team members, especially the one regarding the bed sheets which are 100% cotton, of course. We are currently checking with our laundry cleaning provider, as it may be an issue related to the cleaning process.
Should you decide to visit Epoque Hotel again, you will be more than welcome and I hope you will notice improvements regarding the aspects you mentioned.
Allow me to wish you Happy Winter Holidays!
Owner & CEO

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (128)
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
Reviewed 3 December 2013

We were at the hotel for five night, the pool and spa are great , especially when it's cold outside. rooms are clean and nice, we were in a executive suites which was wonderful but small for four people. the food is great, rich breakfast and the restaurant very high level, all the dishes we tried were excellent,
Staff were kind and enthusiastic to help, there is a little problem with the taxi it difficult to find the hotel.
In conclusion highly recommended

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family

Dear Valuable Guest,
Thank you for posting such a flattering review on Tripadvisor regarding your recent stay at Epoque.
I passed your compliments to our French Executive Chef and he was very pleased his dishes were highly appreciated, and sends his regards.
We hope we will have the chance to welcome you again in our boutique hotel.
Happy Winter Holidays!

Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Reviewed 2 December 2013

It's been several years now and Epoque became my favorite spot when I'm dropping to Bucharest ! Keep going for the best ! The rooms are great the breakfast excellent and the service is at steady 5 stars quality

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business

Dear Mr Bogdan,
Thank you for taking the time to post a review on Tripadvisor about Epoque Hotel.
It is always a great honor and pleasure to have you as our guest, and I am really proud we managed to turn Epoque into your "home away from home".

You will always be welcomed here, at Epoque and we look forward to your next visit.

Until then, Happy Holidays!
Galati, Romania
Reviewed 28 November 2013

All is perfect, Beautiful and confortable large suite, Nice SPA area, Excellent breakfast. Efficient and kind employees
Only two small remarks: a jacuzzi is missing in the SPA area and the first time you come the hotel is a little bit difficult to find

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Valuable Guest,
Thank you so much for posting a review on Tripadvisor regarding your recent stay at Epoque.
I am delighted you enjoyed your stay, and I would just like to specify that our swimming pool is equipped with powerful under-water bubble jets as well with massage showers, therefore compensating in part the lack of a jacuzzi.
I hope you will return to Epoque with pleasure and next time you will test the bubble jets from our swimming pool.
Kind regards and a big thank you from our team for your kind words.
Milan, Italy
Reviewed 24 November 2013

general impression is good -
arrived in the room at about 4pm
we have reserved trough the hotel site a junior suite per 3 persons
and the reservation department confirmed a free upgrade into an execuitive suite
size of this executive suite is not to be compared to others same level hotel in europe
rate was much cheaper then others same level hotel in europe but we know the cost of the life in romania is not that expensive as in Paris , Rome , London , Milan etc etc

the 3rd bed in the living room was a sofa with folder bed with very thiny materass
(can not say very confortable)

the bath robes and linens and sleepers was prepared only for 1 person

the entrance walls were a bit dirthy and broken ( by luggages of past Guests)

room cleaning was very good

this room 101 was facing to a bad courtyard -
(so no view at all a part an ugly wall with lots of antennas) .

spa , small but very nice and clean (must pay big attention to the wet floor )

breakfast was very good and staff friendly

reception staff polite

location very good near Cismigiu park only minutes by walk to everything

Luigi Giammetta

Room Tip: ask a room overlooking the front as this is a very quiet hotel .
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
Diana P, Owner at Epoque Hotel, responded to this review, 27 November 2013
Dear Mr Luigi,
Thank you for sharing your feedback regarding your recent stay at Epoque Hotel.
I really appreciate your detailed review and kind remarks, I am glad you enjoyed your stay with us.

Our boutique hotel is located in the historical part of Bucharest and it is indeed true that not all the buildings around the hotel are properly renovated, so the view is not astonishing from all rooms.
However, to make your stay as comfortable as possible, as you well noticed, we upgraded you to a superior category - executive suite, and the view from the executive suite we had available at your arrival was with a back view. This is also the reason the towels were not yet ready when you checked in, as the original junior suite was upgraded to executive suite.
I was a bit puzzled to have received from you only three bullets, but I really hope we will have the chance to be your hosts again and to prove ourselves and win five bullets with your next comment.
Best regards,
Reviewed 23 November 2013

I booked here for a bit of a splurge for the last two nights at the end of a two week trip. Although at $125 a night it hardly even counts as a splurge. The room was actually a very comfortable and well appointed suite. The breakfast buffet (included in the price) was very good. The pool and spa were perfect for relaxing at the end of a long trip. The location is a bit odd for this sort of hotel. It's tucked away at the end of a short street in a quiet residential area. However it's close enough to the metro and only one stop to the central plaza.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled solo
Diana P, Owner at Epoque Hotel, responded to this review, 27 November 2013
Dear Valuable Guest,
Thank you for posting such a nice review on Tripadvisor regarding you recent stay at Epoque.
I am really glad you enjoyed your stay with us and hope we will have the chance to welcome you again in the future.
Kind regards,
Sofia, Bulgaria
Reviewed 18 November 2013

Helpful staff, perfect location, 10 minutes walk to all interesting places in town. Nice and clean rooms. Breakfast was also excellent with nice coffee, real juices and whatever you can want from a breakfast. Wi-fi is everywhere in the hotel with very good speed. Parking on the street and also under the hotel. Spa looking good (we did not try it) . May be if I have to say something not so good , I did not like the pillows and also prices in restaurant are pretty expensive for Romania , but also reasonable for a 5 star hotel. Hotel is very good choice for all the travellers to Bucharest.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple

Diana P, Owner at Epoque Hotel, responded to this review, 20 November 2013
Dear Mr Mario,
It eas a pleasure to have you as our guest and I am grateful you took the time to post such a nice review on Tripadvisor about your recent experience at Epqoue Hotel.
I would like to apologize for the inconvenience with the pillows being too soft, we have a pillow menu available for our guests (including orthopedic pilows), so should you visit us again please do not hesitate to ask for one.
Thank you again for your kind remarks, it is very rewarding for our entire team when our guests are satisfied.
Look forward to having you back at Epoque Hotel.
Kind regards,