“Back in Bucharest after 45 years..”
Review of Epoque Hotel

Epoque Hotel
Ranked #2 of 169 Hotels in Bucharest
Reviewed 14 January 2014

Lovely hotel in a very nice location, close to center of Bucharest. Extremely helpful staff, ready to assist in all matters.
We traveled with our children, 6 and 9, which enjoyed the stay at Epoque hotel (and the SPA CENTER).
I wish Epoque management to keep excellent level of the services, and will highly recomend their hotel....

Room Tip: All rooms are good, because the hotel is located in a very quite area.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Diana P, Owner at Epoque Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 15 January 2014

Dear Valuable Guest,
I am really glad you enjoyed the Epoque experience, and thank you for taking the time to share your feedback on Tripadvisor.
We are really grateful for your kind words and for recommending our boutique hotel to other guests.
Greetings to your beautiful family and look forward to your next visit (sooner that another 45 years, I hope :)
Kind regards from Bucharest

Reviewed 11 January 2014

I have stayed at this hotel within the last few months and I was not disappointed. The hotel is set in a quiet area the other side of one of the main parks from the City Centre. The old centre (bars, restaurants, etc..) is about 10 minutes walk away so very accessible. Breakfasts are very good and the staff try very hard to please, The Spa and pool in the basement are great places to unwind.

The rooms appear to be of a good standard and the premium rooms/suites seem to be relatively good value for money. I would definitely return and would prefer to stay in locally owned and run hotel like this one rather than one of the "chains".

Room Tip: Rooms to the front of the hotel over look the courtyard and has a slightly more pleasant outlook. Th...
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business

Dear Valuable Guest,
It was a great pleasure to read your detailed review, thank you for taking the time to share your feedback.
I am really happy you appreciate the privacy and intimacy that our boutique hotel offers, and also the personalized services that differentiate us from big chain hotels.
You will always be welcomed in my "home" (as I consider and treat Epoque as my home :).
Kind regards and best wishes for the New Year
Diana

Reviewed 5 January 2014

We used the Epoque as our base for a New Years Eve break over 4 days. It is in a quiet location that is close enough to the centre for short cab rides. There is a park close by and a good traditional restaurant also nearby. The room was spacious although the bed was barely 6 foot long. The staff were friendly. The bar and restaurant were both good although a little limited on choice. We did not make full use of the Spa but it looks great. The Wi-Fi was very slow on the 3rd floor and it required a new login session/account every 24 hours. There was only one bath towel each and they were quite small. Despite these niggles we had a very nice time.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank christophus
Diana P, Owner at Epoque Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 6 January 2014

Happy New Year!
Thank you for taking the time to post a review on Tripadvisor, your feedback is very important to us.
We appreciate your kind remarks and we are proud we managed to make a pleasant start of the year for you, however, I would like to apologise for the inconvenience encountered with the length of the bed and size of our towels, it is indeed something new for me, as no other guest ever complained since we opened the hotel in 2010.
As for the issue with the free wi-fi internet speed, we have recently had a full upgrade in all our property, but I will for sure have our supplier, Swisscom, check on that once again.
I hope we will have the chance to welcome you again at Epoque, to prove ourselves better.

Reviewed 4 January 2014

We stayed at the Epoque hotel for a full week and without an exception the staff was wonderful. Special arrangements or wishes, no problem, all taken care of without a glitch. In terms of organization and teamwork many service companies could learn from this hotel. So compliments to all! Facilities are good and the restaurant has a very interesting menu if you enjoy the French cuisine.
So why not an excellent? Well I hope the next time we will stay there again they will reach the excellent status. A few point to be improved: firstly a five star hotel nowadays serves standard fresh juices in the morning and not from a pack! Secondly, when you have a promotion which is not applicable to everyone, then don't publish it in your elevator! That's not clever marketing.Thirdly and most importantly: although I tipped your cleaning lady because she worked very hard throughout the week, cleaning of toilets and bathroom should be done much better.Maybe more staff or maybe a toilet cleaning course might be helpful.

As a conclusion, we had a great stay and we are looking forward to stay at the Epoque hotel again next time we will visit Bucharest.

Kind regards

Room Tip: the higher the better the view
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
1  Thank Taco N

Dear Valuable Guest,
Many thanks for taking the time to share your feedback on Tripadvisor, and for your compliments, which have been passed to our team.
We are all proud and grateful we managed to deliver an enjoyable experience and really hope we will have the chance to welcome you again at Epoque.
Your feedback is really important especially to me, as owner, and I took note of all your comments, already run a new training on bathroom cleaning topic with the housekeeping staff.
As for marketing our offers, we have many returning guests, which are always interested in our special offers and it is quite normal to have special perks as incentives to guests that book directly to our hotel. Marketing it in our elevators is also a way to let all guests know that direct booking with the hotel always brings more advantages, so I kindly invite you, as well, to contact us directly for booking your next visit.

Reviewed 3 January 2014

This was our first time in Bucharest and realy enjoyed our stay, over the New Year. I did a lot of research before choosing Epoque and it was an excellent choice. We had a front facing twin junior suite which was large and comfortable. Our New Year's dinner in the restaurant was excellent and the breakfast Was one of the best that we have had. All the staff were very helpful and especially Kostis who did everything possible to assist us. Taxis are very cheap so we had no problem with getting around.'

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank KATHLEENgREECE

Dear Ms Kathleen,
Happy New Year!
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience on Tripadvisor regarding you New Year Eve stay at Epoque.
I am really glad you enjoyed your stay with us, I passed your compliments to our team, especially Costi, we are all very proud to have delivered such a great experience and made your start of the year so pleasant.
As you noticed, also the weather was warmer than usual to complete the good feeling :)
We hope we will have the chance to welcome you again at Epoque.
Kind regards

Reviewed 26 December 2013

I stayed here on a business trip. The positive reviews persuaded me to try it ahead of the usual business hotels and on reflection, probably not the best idea. It's a good four star hotel for Bucharest, and would be perfect for tourists looking for somewhere quiet and classy.

Pros|
Good service
Very clean
Very comfortable beds
Lots of privacy
Quiet
Fast internet
Great, affordable spa treatments

Cons:
Restaurant food is very rich, everything doused in butter!
Fruit was out of a can/tin!
Gym is tiny and pokey
Off a badly lit side street, so it doesn't feel safe walking back after dark
Check out took AGES

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
Diana P, Owner at Epoque Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 30 December 2013

Dear Valuable Guest,
Thank you for posting a review on Tripadvisor regarding your recent stay at Epoque Hotel.
Your feedback is very important to us, whether positive (and I highly apreciate the pros you mentioned) or negative.
I would like to assure you that all products in our restaurant - including the fruits and vegetables are all fresh, and we always adapt to cooking preferences of our guests, therefore should you visit Epoque again, please make a note to the waiter regarding the way you prefer the food (e.g. not with so much butter).
Please accept my personal apologies for the duration of the checkout process, I checked with my colleagues and it appears we faced a system glitch at the time you had your checkout, again, apologies.
As for the location of our hotel, it is indeed one of the main attributes of real boutique hotel not to be located on main boulevards, but more away from the noise and hussle. As many of our guests call Epoque, it is a "hidden gem", an "oasis of intimacy and privacy".
I really hope we will have the chance to welcome you again, whether business or pleasure, and until then please allow me to with you a Happy New Year!

Reviewed 26 December 2013

This luxury hotel is located 5 minutes of the closest Metro Station & around 15 minutes walking from House of People (the biggest building in Europe) and Piata Uniri (Romanian Champs Elysees). Rooms are huge, and food in the restaurant is great.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business

Dear Valuable Guest,
Thank you for posting such a nice review on Tripadvisor, it is a great pleasure to see our guest really enjoy the Epoque experience.
Your photos are really nice, I'm glad you also tried the food in our restaurant L' Atelier - l'árt culinaire, as far as I see you tried some of my personal favourites :)
Look forward to welcoming you again in Epoque in 2014!
Until then, may you have the best year ever! Happy New Year!