“Excellent location, room, service perfect”
Review of Epoque Hotel

Epoque Hotel
Ranked #2 of 166 Hotels in Bucharest
Stuttgart, Germany
“Excellent location, room, service perfect”
Reviewed 15 April 2014

I stayed for one night on a business trip. The restarant was fine, rooms, service also excellent. I would recomment for all situations. The Hotel is located near a smal park. 10 minute walk to the center of Bucharest.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Dear Valuable Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to post a review on Tripadvisor, regarding your recent stay at Epoque Hotel.
I m really pleased you found our facilities, restaurant and service excellent and really hope you will return to Epoque in the future.
We look forward to your next visit, and we will do our best to get a 5* review next time.
Happy Holidays
Owner & CEO

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (129)
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
Oslo, Norway
Reviewed 14 April 2014

Me and my dad where greeted by the wonderfull staff (Bogman and co) at Epoque hotel! We where lucky to be upgraded to 4.th floor With a really nice balcony. The breakfast was first.class and we could not ask for a better place to stay in Bucharest! Around 10 minutes walk to the center and close to Bucharest oldest parc (Cismigiu Gardens). The last day i noticed that they have free bikerental, and Bucharest is a nice city to og by bike!
We didnt get to use the SPA facilities, but I had a look at it and i looked really nice.
I have to say thanks to the dedicated staff at Epoque. You made our trip! Im coming back to Romania, Bucharest and Epoque, and next time in taking my boyfriend with me!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Dear Valuable Guest,
It was a pleasure to read your review and thank you for taking the time to post it on Tripadvisor.
Your kind remarks are an incentive for our entire team to do better and better and seeing guests so happy is our best reward.
We look forward to your next visit with your boyfriend, make sure you make full use of our cosy spa and our free bikerental facility :)
Happy Holidays!
Cannes
Reviewed 10 April 2014

BUT i Did not try the French restaurant so no opinion on it except that it is nice.

The swimming pool is not so big but well enough to start and to end the day.

For a short or a long stay, I recommend it.

I cannot wait for my next trip

• Stayed April 2014
Dear Valuable Guest,
Thank you for chosing Epoque Hotel for your stay in Bucharest and also for posting a review on Tripadvisor.
I am happy you enjoyed staying with us and hope next time you will also try our L'Atelier restaurant, it is really worth it!
Look forward to your next visit and thank you for recommending us to other travellers!
Happy Holidays
Tel Aviv, Israel
Reviewed 8 April 2014

We stayed at the Epoque Hotel to celebrate our 5th anniversary, this is an ideal hotel for couples, near the Cismigiu Gardens which are very nice for a relaxing walk, is less than 10' from Old City, taxis are very cheap (take the 1.39 leu/km taxis - Pelicanul, Speed, they will order one for you at the front desk), Staff is very polite and service oriented, much better than the service you got at other places. Suites are modern and very comfortable, we booked a Junior Suite and we got an upgrade to Executive Suite plus a bottle of champagne. Beds and pillows are super comfortable and we have the best sleeping in years (we have 2 small kids,stay at home with grandpa/ma!). Very clean 2-room suite, full of space, 2 plasma TV, so if one wants to sleep, the other one can watch tv in the other room
Breakfast is rich and not small like other reviewers say, it just not served in huge quantities but they refill what is missing all the time, so don't worry breakfast lovers. In general more than recommended, excellent value for money.
The only minus is some lack of attention to details at the spa, like being water flooded floor or ice cold jets at shower, without no choice of temperature control and too strong pressure jets at the pool, out of these minor issue, it is a 9.75/10 for us, enjoy!

Room Tip: Pay and extra more and take minimum a Junior Suite or above, it worth the few extra €€. If you are...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Diana P, Owner at Epoque Hotel, responded to this review, 10 April 2014
Dear Valuable Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to post such a nice review on Tripadvisor, regarding your recent stay at Epoque.
Congratulations once more for the 5th anniversary, we were really glad you chose Epoque on such a special occasion, and we are proud we managed to deliver a pleasant experince during your stay.
Please accept my sincere apologies for the small shortcomings in the spa area, i have thoroughly discussed with my colleagues all issues you raised.
Thank you again for the kind words, we all look forward to your next visit!
Kind regards
Cardiff, United Kingdom
Reviewed 27 March 2014

I stayed at this excellent hotel in late March 2014.

General: the hotel is superbly located, and the description of it as an “Oasis of calm in the heart of the city…” is truly justified. Everything about it is peaceful, and restful. The décor is fresh, and the hotel did not look to me at all tired or in need of any maintenance. From the hotel, it's entirely possible to walk to the Palace of Parliament (10 mins), the old town (20 mins), the Shopping Mall (15 mins) and several tranquil nearby parks (less than 5 mins). The airport is approx. 30 mins by car.

My room: was excellent. The ambience was restful, the décor spotless, the bed comfortable, and (importantly for me) no cleanliness issues at all. All rooms are suites, and although the seating area is on the smaller side, you're probably not going to Bucharest to sit in your room.

Restaurant & Bar: I had dinner there with business partners on the first evening, and they were very impressed with the whole experience; so much so that they commented about it to me the following day. On the second evening, my colleague and I ate in the restaurant again, and the Maître d’ was extremely accommodating of our specific dining requests. Service in the restaurant is sublime, and the food is delicious. At breakfast, eggs are cooked to order, and there is a good choice of hot or cold buffet. Another review notes that breakfast is modest, and by the standards of some US hotels, I would agree, but I found it to be entirely in line with most European hotels, and of an excellent standard.
The bar is as comfortable and subdued as befits a relaxing hotel like this. Service is (again) outstanding, and it was very easy to spend time in there with a drink in hand. However, don't neglect the terrace, which on a warm, spring afternoon, is the ideal place to unwind with a cold beer (I speak from experience).

Front Desk: I save the best facet of this hotel for last. Front of House is where first impressions are created, and so it is crucial to the whole hotel experience. I travel, and stay in lots of hotels, and in my view the staff I met at the Epoque's front desk were a credit. They were polite, helpful, efficient, professional, smart and very, very welcoming. From organising airport transfers, to giving local advice (and I'm not even talking about the Concierge now!), they were all helpful, and cheerful in the process. It's these things that make hotel stays a pleasure.

In summary: if you are in Bucharest, this is the hotel you should consider. It's quiet cul-de-sac location, it's charming ambience, and it's genuinely welcoming staff would make any stay here one to repeat.

Room Tip: Ask for a room overlooking the front of the hotel. The terrace is a sun trap, and there seems to be...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Diana P, Owner at Epoque Hotel, responded to this review, 10 April 2014
Dear Valuable Guest,
Thank you for chosing Epoque Hotel, it was a pleasure to have you as our guest, and thank you for taking the time to post such a detailed review on Tripadvisor.
I am really glad you took note of so many details during your stay regarding all aspects: room, bar, restaurant and most of all our front desk.
On behalf of our entire team i express our gratitude for the nice words you used to describe the "Epoque experience", we are proud we made your stay so pleasant.
Should you visit Bucharest on other occasions, we would be honored to welcome you again at Epoque.
Kind regards from Bucharest!
London
Reviewed 25 March 2014

Just got back from a truly wonderful 4 night stay at the Epoque Hotel. The service from the moment we arrived until our departure was faultless. The standard of room exceeded my expectation and the food was exquisite. The Hotel (although tucked away down a quiet Cul de Sac) is well positioned and is only a 10 minute walk to the Palace and about 15 minutes to the Cafe and Restaurant district - or about £1 in a taxi. This is one hotel that I have no hesitation in recommending to anyone and any future visits to Bucharest will certainly involve staying in the Epoque. Thank you for our stay.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Diana P, Owner at Epoque Hotel, responded to this review, 27 March 2014
Dear Valuable Guest,
It is with great pleasure I read your review, and thank you not only for chosing Epoque but also for reviewing us on Tripadvisor.
I am pleased you enjoyed your experince during your 4 nights stay, and I really hope we will have the chance to welcome you again at Epoque Hotel.
Until then, warm regards from our entire team.
Romania
Reviewed 25 March 2014

The room was clean and nice, a little bit too executive for my taste, but cosy enough. The staff was very kind and the spa is worth trying. The best thing about this hotel in my opinion was the French cuisine. The morning breakfast that came in the price of the room was various and delicious.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank IuliaaR
Diana P, Owner at Epoque Hotel, responded to this review, 27 March 2014
Dear Valuable Guest,
Thank you for chosing Epoque Hotel and for posting a review to share your feedback.
I am glad you enjoyed "retreating in the heart of the city" at Epoque, thank you for your kind words on our cuisine, it is indeed part of the 360 degrees luxury experience we offer our guests.
I really hope you will chose Epoque Hotel again.
Kind regards,