“Excellent !”
Review of Epoque Hotel

Epoque Hotel
Ranked #2 of 169 Hotels in Bucharest
Reviewed 3 June 2014

All the best notes, it was very wonderful !! The service was very watchful and the cleanliness of the room was very good and I had a very relaxing sleep in this comfortable bed. In the morning I was spoiled with an excellent tasted and comprehensive breakfast. I can nothing say about the spa in this hotel, i didn't try it.
If I would be again in Bukarest, i would be glad to enjoy this hotel one more time.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank Chris6112
Diana P, Owner at Epoque Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 12 June 2014

Dear Valuable Guest,
Thank you for sharing your feedback on Tripadvisor regarding your recent stay at Epoque Hotel.
We really appreciate your kind remarks, and should you visit Bucharest again, you are very welcomed back here, as our cosy spa is a "must" try, indeed.
Look forward to your next visit

There are newer reviews for Epoque Hotel

Reviewed 2 June 2014

The staff was very friendly. The room was spacious and clean. Room was a bit dark (only two small windows on one side) and the couch not one to sit on for a longer amount of time. Overall a nice experience.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business

Dear Valuable Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to post a review on Tripadvisor.
We really appreciate your feedback and we hope we will have the chance to welcome you back at Epoque Hotel, and we will do our best to get 5 bullets on your next review :)

Reviewed 1 June 2014

After reading all the reviews of the Epoque Hotel, and having seen the awards it has received, our expectations were high. And this hotel exceeded them. It was an utterly wonderful stay for 6 nights. The hotel is beautiful, the staff are wonderful, and the room was exquisite. We had room 407, which has a little entrance area, followed by a sitting room, through an archway into the study area, with a little balcony off, with doors from the sitting room to the bathroom (narrow but with two sinks, a big shower and everything you need), and to the bedroom, which was very large, with two small and one large balcony, overlooking the front of the hotel. The bed was extremely comfortable, and our sleep was undisturbed.
Breakfast was fantastic, and the staff couldn't do enough for you; it carries on until 10:30 (and 11:00 at weekends), with a great selection and more to order.
The Spa is gorgeous. Yes, the pool is small (corner to corner diagonally gives the biggest distance - and I could swim 5 strokes, or 6 if I was careful, from corner to corner). However, there are three sets of powerful massage water jets - one set is underwater at one end, giving a body massage, and the other two are overhead at each side. There is also a steam room and a sauna, as well as treatment rooms. We ended up spending a couple of hours in the pool yesterday, as it was raining outside, and had a wonderful time (the one complaint would be that the mats on the floor of the shower are incredibly uncomfortable to stand on!). The pool is not hot, for which we were quite grateful - it's pleasant enough to spend time in and do a bit of swimming, without being freezing.
The hotel is located in the old part of the city, 10 minutes walk from the "Old Town" restaurants and attractions, and just next to the beautiful Cismigiu Park. There is an underground car park, which is a huge bonus, but be aware before you attempt to drive there that: a) Romania seems to have decided to eschew road signs almost completely, so you will drive round for hours trying to find your way round, as even the biggest tourist attractions are not signposted, so you have no point of reference; b) driving in Bucharest (and Romania generally) requires plenty of assertiveness and confidence; and c) the hotel is located in the middle of a highly confusing maze of one-way-streets (with, of course, no signs as usual!), meaning that you really need to know where you're going in order to get there!

Room Tip: The biggest balconies are on the 4th floor, which also has great views of the city - we could see th...
2  Thank KFjersey

Dear Valuable Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to post such a nice and detailed review on Tripadvisor.
We are grateful for such nice words when describing the Epoque experience, and I am sure other travellers will appreciate the detailed information you offered.
We thank you for chosing Epoque and trusting the opinion of other guests that posted reviews and hope we will have the chance to welcome you at Epoque.

Reviewed 1 June 2014

When I read the TA reviews I discounted them- then I stayed here and found they were spot on. The 2 room suite is such a gift for a couple dealing with jet lag. The comped breakfasts gave a large selection of really high quality choices and made to order eggs. I rode their complimentary bike thru the beautiful park across the street. The location to all the happening spots in Lepskani is a short 10 minute walk. Try the nearby Golf Planet bar to play mini-golf in the dark with neon. Such a blast! And the included hotel spa so fun! The pool has large watsu jets shooting water from above you down on your shoulders, a 'bubbling' function in another part, a stream that flows over you from another device and surging jets that allow you to swim in place...make sure you press all the buttons that are about a foot under water level in the pool. And the mood shower, dunking shower, steam and sauna are exactly what we needed to relax.

Dear Valuable Guest,
It was a pleasure to read your review, and I am really happy we managed to exceed your expectations.
Bucharest and Epoque hotel seemed to have been really fun for you and I honestly appreciate your kind words.
Thank you for your review and you will always be welcomed at Epoque.

Reviewed 31 May 2014

I only stayed for one night but the hotel is truly excellent. Very well appointed room, quiet, bed is extremely comfortable with soft pillows. Yes the air conditioning was a bit noisy but I just turned it off and open the window no problem. Most importantly the room was really quiet as I am an insomniac this matters. I don't hear doors opening and closing, don't hear housekeeping. The staff are very nice and friendly and helpful. Can't say the same about the waiter at the hotel restaurant though but only a slight flaw and a great experience overall despite the fact that I almost got robbed in a taxi.

• Stayed: May 2014

Dear Valuable Guest,
Thank you for chosing Epoque Hotel and for taking the time to post your review.
I am really sorry about your unpleasant experience with that taxi driver, I really hope our complimentary dessert made you feel a bit better.
We honestly appreciate your kind words and I am pleased to read you enjoyed Epoque Hotel.
I personally take our guests feedback very seriously thus it would be really helpful for me if you could email me some details regarding the restaurant waiter which did not match your expectations.
We hope we will have the chance to welcome you again at Epoque.
(diana.popescu@epoque.ro)

Reviewed 30 May 2014

The Époque is a stunning hotel in a perfect location in Bucharest, Romania. Very elegant, with a fabulous restaurant on site. It has absolutely everything including sending a car to the airport to collect us and also they organised a private car to take us to Rousse in Bulgaria to board a cruise up the Danube. Very close to a beautiful park and walking distance to major places of interest.
Although the hotel looks like a historic building that has been nicely refurbished, in fact I am told it is a new hotel only about 3 years old, hence it has all the modern requirements of a great hotel, including wifi in the rooms. Reception and concierge very helpful and we loved eating in the restaurant.Ask for a room in the front as the outlook from the back is very ordinary.

Room Tip: Get a room overlooking the gardens in the front of the hotel......view from the back is not good as...
Diana P, Owner at Epoque Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 12 June 2014

Dear Valuable Guest,
Thank you for posting your review on Tripadvisor regardin your recent stay at Epoque Hotel.
I am really glad you enjoyed so much our lovely boutique hotel, we look forward to welcome you back at Epoque on your next visit to Bucharest.
Kind regards form all of us!

Reviewed 29 May 2014

My second stay at this wonderful little secret tucked away in the heart of the city. Cannot speak highly enough about this property. The experience is first class from the moment you arrive to checkout. Beautifully appointed rooms with attention to every detail. I had one of the suites with a terrace and the weather was beautiful which made my stay even more enjoyable than usual. A couple of staff, Donia (sp?) and Stefan were always welcoming with my breakfast or coffee each morning and are a real credit to your establishment. If I had one minor complaint, the pool could have been just a little warmer haha, but hardly worth mentioning. Thank you again for making my stay in Bucharest one I'll remember for some time.

Room Tip: I have only stayed in suites here and I can say if you are visiting during warm weather choose the C...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
3  Thank Rob B

Dear Valuable Guest,
We really appreciate your extraordinary feedback and we are grateful for your kind review.
I passed your compliments to Doina and Stefan, they are indeed a valuable asset (as is the rest of the team) and they were both happy and send their regards.
Appologies for the pool water temperature, as we run regular water changing procedures it may take a couple of days until the pool water gets back to the normal temperature.
Should you visit Bucharest again, you will always be welcomed here, at Epoque.
Best regards,