“Amazing Two Castle Tour”
Review of TravelMaker

TravelMaker
Book In Advance
US$99.70*
and up
Small-Group Day Trip to Dracula's Castle, Brasov and Peles Castle from Bucharest
US$110.92*
Small-Group Day Trip to North Bulgaria
US$98.46*
Small-Group Dracula Tour from Bucharest
Ranked #5 of 138 Tours in Bucharest
More attraction details
Owner description: TravelMaker is a Romanian travel company providing private and shared airport transfers and tours in and from Bucharest, Romania since 2005. Over the last 10 years we have served more than 20000 visitors from all over the world.
Reviewed 4 August 2014

This tour is simply a must for anyone who wishes to venture outside of Bucharest for the day. The sites and scenery were absolutely breathtaking. The tour lasted for an entire day, but there was never a dull moment. Our guide Gabriel was incredible. Despite having led this tour countless times he never ceased to be informative and enthusiastic. Do yourself a favor and book this tour!

Review collected in partnership with this attraction
Dan7750, Manager at TravelMaker, responded to this reviewResponded 5 September 2014

Thank you very much for your review on behalf of Gabriel and our team at Travelmaker.

Reviewed 2 August 2014

My husband and I signed up for two tours with this company: Two Castles in One Day (regular tour) and One Day Tour to Bulgaria (private tour). Both were excellent! For the Two Castles in One Day we had Gabriel as our tour guide and he did a marvelous job of telling us about the city of Bucharest as we drove North to the castles, describing the history of Vlad the Impaler, and guiding us around both castles as well as the Black Church is Brasov. He answered everyone's questions, gave us a great recommendation for lunch in Brasov, and kept us on track throughout the entire day. For the One Day Tour to Bulgaria we were lucky enough to have Serban who we'd read about on other trip advisor reviews. He easily met, if not exceeded, our expectations. Serban arrived on time to pick us up, greeted us with a big smile, and quickly made us all feel like long lost friends. Having one-on-one time with Serban was an invaluable experience as we learned so much about Romania from the personal experiences of a man born and raised in the country. He solidified our desire to return and explore more of Bucharest and the countryside.

Dan7750, Manager at TravelMaker, responded to this reviewResponded 13 April 2015

Thank you so much! You are too kind and hope to serve you again during your next trip to Romania!

Reviewed 30 July 2014

Great Trip. It was an 8 hour tour but well broken up. Peles Castle was amazing especially the interior. it would have been worth paying for the right to take pictures. Our tour guide, Gabriel, was very informative without overloading us with information. He stayed with pertinent points, and allowed for pauses and quiet moments. Our lunch at Brasov was wonderful. We had a traditional meal which was definitely homemade. Wonderful day.

Review collected in partnership with this attraction

Thank you for your kind review!

Reviewed 26 July 2014

From the moment I walked up to the meeting point to the drop off at my hotel this was a wonderful trip. Serban is the best. He was passionate about his country which I much appreciated. He was knowledgeable and his connections at the castles and restaurant we had lunch at are invaluable. Our tour never waited anywhere for long-not even at the toilets (ha). I also appreciated his recommendations for authentic Romanian food. I wanted to try the food and his choices were excellent.
I would highly recommend this company and this tour. I'm here in Bucharest for another 3 weeks and I'm planning a few more trips with this company. (Serban recommended a few).

Thank you very much on behalf of Serban and our entire team and hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 26 July 2014

Not only did I book the company for the tour itself, but I was also lucky enough to have utilised them as my airport transfer to the hotel as well. (I'd highly recommend doing this to avoid being ripped off by potential touts in the arrivals lounge!!) I was lucky enough to have met Serban Riga himself on the previous day as my airport transfer, during which I was given a guided 'mini tour' of the sights on route to my hotel. 'Riga' (as he likes to be called for short)' was a superb host and the trip was very well organised in terms of timing and what it covered!

On a general note, Romania was a lovely country and the people were very friendly! I would certainly go back if the opportunity presents itself and in the future I will highly recommend to anyone I know that they MUST take this tour!

Review collected in partnership with this attraction

We are very grateful for your review Sir!