“A real taste of Romania on bike.”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Cycling Romania

Cycling Romania
More attraction details
Owner description: Cycling Romania is eager to offer full support for cycling tours in various magnificent regions of Romania. There is a set of standard trips, but they can be customized as well. You will discover the quiet rural life of Transylvania, the wild Carpathian Mountains or the surprisingly beautiful surroundings of the Danube River. Hope to see you soon!
Bucharest, Bucuresti, Romania
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“A real taste of Romania on bike.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 June 2013

Taking a cycling trip with Mircea allows you see some of the best kept secrets of Romania. With his expansive knowledge about local culture and tradition, visiting towns/monasteries/vineyards never gets boring. Also, you can get a real cycling workout if you really want to, or you can do it all with leisure. My husband enjoyed a well paved 10-12% grade road, while others took a leisurely route instead. From pavement to dirt trails, Mircea's cycling options will keep all abilities entertained. Food and accommodations were top rate too. I highly recommend his tours.

Visited June 2013
3 Thank Emlovesbeer

Kauai, Hawaii
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Best Experience Ever!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 March 2013

Cycling in Romania is not to be missed!! It was the highlight of our trip and loved the wild countryside and adventure. Best thing I could have done there hands down. I recommend this to anyone looking to have the trip of a lifetime.

Visited November 2012
1 Thank KauaiPhotoWorkshops
Beijing, China
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“A dynamic Romania”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 October 2012

I didn't expect much before the trip but it resulted that it was one of the highlights in my European trip!
Mircea is an excellent guide and has great love and passion for his country Romania. He showed us a lot of great places with stunning views in the area nearby Ploiesti. We cycled in the forest, visited vineyards and some monasteries, tasted some very good wine, tried the best Romanian traditional cuisine and we stayed in a pension which is very clean and tidy and has amazing views overlooking the vineyards.
I am a beginner in long-way cycling but Mircea tailor-made the route according to our level and capability. It is very flexible and relaxing. His friend Iulian was a great guide as well and he took good care of us and took a lot of beautiful photos for us in the trip. We spent 3 days with Mircea and Iulian and they have introduced so much about Romania, in terms of history, culture and current social situation, of the country to us.
The cycling trip was a highlight of my Romanian trip and Mircea also gave us some good tips on touring in other cities of Romania which made our travel very easy.
I would strongly recommend this cycling tour to everyone who wants to have a rewarding vacation. Romania is a very interesting and dynamic country! Hope to visit again!

5 Thank Katcsy
London, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“I could not have asked for anything more!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 October 2012

I said it on the first day and felt the same way by the end of the week – I couldn’t have asked for anything more! I was sad to leave at the end and I really could have done it all over again.

I went for the Saxon Transylvania tour, for one week, in September – a fantastic time to visit. The weather was hot but in no way unbearable, with bright sunshine. It’s worth noting that despite the heat during the day, it does get cold in the evenings, so if you are planning on going, take a big jumper and a scarf as you’ll definitely need it! The scenery was absolutely beautiful and so much more than I could have ever expected – even though I checked out the photos beforehand! Rolling hills with little plum tree treats along the route! The photos simply don’t do it justice. An uphill struggle rewards you with most spectacular views, or alternatively, a thrilling ride to the bottom of the hill on the other side – grit your teeth and go for it!

I do not know much about the geography of the surrounding area of Transylvania, or other parts of Romania, but I could describe the area we cycled as an expanse of totally unspoilt countryside, with little pockets of villages every few miles – just lovely.

In no way did this trip feel rushed, pressured or as if we were following a “tour guide”. Mircea just felt like one of the group. He had such a wonderful approach and put everyone at ease. The group was fantastic and everyone had a great time. The locals were so friendly and welcoming they really made you feel at home. At no point did I feel as though I was an intruder or “just a tourist” in their country – they really are the nicest people!

A piece of advice - take padded shorts...you will still hurt, but I think it delays the real pain setting in!

Excellent trip, thoroughly recommended. What are you waiting for? Book now!!

5 Thank rjoakley
Bangkok, Thailand
22 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 38 helpful votes
“Best weekend in Romania”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 October 2012

I have lived in Romania for just over a year and this was the best weekend I have had here by far..... And I have had a pretty awesome time in Romania so that is saying something. The weather was perfect and the scenary around Urlati was gorgeous. It was great seeing a different side of Romanian life and was so peaceful. The cycling was hard work but all the strenuous uphill climbs were rewarded with speeding down hill and taking in the countryside. The food was fabulous and the hosts at the children's home were friendly. The hotel was lovely. I would say the weekend was exceptionally good value. Thank you Mircea for a fabulous weekend!!! I will be doing more cycling weekends come Spring!!

4 Thank sarahjean51