“Group chaos in Negresco”
Review of Negresco - CLOSED

Negresco
Price range: US$10 - US$40
Cuisines: Mediterranean, European, Romanian, International, Central European
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Loehne, Germany
“Group chaos in Negresco”
Reviewed 19 April 2013

I went to this restaurant as part of a business group.

Even though the group was booked, the service was painfully slow to the point where it seemed the process of delivering our meals had simply ground to a halt. While waiting, the group was plied with wine, probably with an eye on the growing group wine bill. I and many others in the group left close to midnight before the dessert course was served.

• Visited April 2013
2 Thank Lee829

• Turkish first
Bucharest, Romania
“Worst experience of my life”
Reviewed 8 April 2013

This is the worst restaurant I've ever seen in my life!

I arrived at the restaurant at 7PM, with 5 friends.

At 8:15 we finally got our drinks. The waiter just asked me if he should serve the lady first, and only then, the 5 men.
After I confirmed that indeed, the lady should be served first, he asked me to remind him what everybody ordered.

I must say that none of the waiters were able to communicate in English, French or German, and since I was the only Romanian speaker at the table, I was the designated translator for the evening. The restaurant is located in the Old Town, an area visited by many tourists.

Long story... Drinks messed up... but we moved on, looking forward to the delicious culinary delights we have ordered.

This was the beginning of a looooong evening.

The food arrived a bit different than expected. The duck didn't come with roasted potatoes, as explained by the waiter, but with fennel on the side. The roasted potatoes arrived after my friend finished eating his meal.

I told the waiter that we can't share 2 napkins between the 6 of us. And after we insisted that we all need a napkin of our own... the napkins arrived. Ripped to shreds... The explanation came quickly - "That's how they turn after washing". At least one good news for the evening. They wash the napkins!! :)

Only one sea food salad out of the two we ordered arrived with the napkins... Smelling of rotten fish... It was "gently" returned to the kitchen. The second rotten sea food salad arrived with the bill.

Of course, both rotten sea-food salads were on the bill, together with the potatoes that nobody ate. We asked the waiter to remove them from the bill, and he did.

The night was truly memorable.
I would recommend you to never walk in this place because your evening will be ruined. A terrible, terrible experience.

• Visited March 2013
8 Thank Tiberiu C
Bucharest, Romania
“"Terrible is too good a rating for this disaster of a restaurant - please never go here"”
Reviewed 4 April 2013

This was an awful experience which I wrote about 4 days ago. Unfortunately it seems this was censored as it has already disappeared from the Negresco review page. When you have a genuine experience at a restaurant, good or bad, I expect it to be published. But apparently not.
So all I will say is please go somewhere else, don't waste your money on this disaster of a restaurant with awful customer service and literally rotting food (the seafood salad has bad shrimps and calamari).
The inside is quite pretty, that's the only good thing I can say about this place so look through their window, admire the decor and then move on to any other restaurant.

• Visited April 2013
4 Thank Peddlebin2013
Bucharest, Romania
“Good restaurant but nothing special”
Reviewed 31 March 2013

The food was good, the prices are ok, the location also ok. I didn't like that our first choices from the menu were not available despite not having many options.

Visited March 2013
Bucharest, Romania
“Too much negligence for such a beautiful place”
Reviewed 24 March 2013

The inside of the restaurant is impressive. A Plus for the interior design. However, the music had nothing to do with the design and the restaurant's specific. it was a bit cold inside . The menu sounded promissing and we were hoping that the quality will match the prices. We only managed to see how the soup was as we canceled the rest of the order. My onion soup had no taste and chicken in my friends soup had some small feathers on it.Unacceptable.
The chef came to have a discussion with us to see where the problem was . He looked a bit angry and his attitudine was deffensive. He said that he is going to improve things. Even so, this situation should not even happen in a place like this.
Hopefully , the owner will managed to find the correct staff to support a buisness like this. It is too bad for such a place to be lost just because of bad service.

• Visited March 2013