“Good 4*”

Crowne Plaza Bucharest
Ranked #13 of 169 Hotels in Bucharest
Reviewed 4 April 2014

Good proximity with international airport, clean, nice staff, fine restaurant, functional conference rooms, all facilities for a 4* exepting Wi-Fi for which there is an inacceptable policy. It's a good choice when you don't live in Bucharest and you have an ealy flight.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Franz R, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Bucharest, responded to this reviewResponded 18 April 2014

Dear Guest,
thank you for staying with us and for taking the time to review us on tripadvisor. You feed back is very much appreciated. Regarding the WIFI connection I would like to inform you you that we do offer complimentary wireless access in our Restaurants, Lobby and Bar. Free internet is also available for all IHG rewards Club members. I would recommend to enroll in this program which is free of charge when you stay next time in one of our Brands.
Looking forward to welcome you back again.

There are newer reviews for Crowne Plaza Bucharest

Reviewed 22 March 2014

Great lobby area and nice service from staff when I entered. During the checkin the receptionist told me I couldn't get the booked club room as they were very busy. They had upgraded me to a suite as I was staying for four days. When I found the room (313 - as Donald Duck's car license plate) there was a sign on the door saying "Presidential Suite" so I had to check the key card twice before opening the door. WOW! The room or should I say rooms were amazing! The suite was the size of three normal rooms and really top class. The only thing missing was the jacuzzi. The suite was cleaned to top standard the whole stay. I could even invite my travel company of three on a night cap as I got free minibar as well and we could enjoy the sofa and relaxing lounge chairs.

So if going here book the club room and hope for your luck of an upgrade or book the Presidential Suite to experience this amazing suite.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Hansino
Franz R, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Bucharest, responded to this reviewResponded 4 April 2014

Dear Guest,

your stay with us and in particular the upgrade to the Presidential Suite. Your nice comments will be shared with our team.

Reviewed 17 February 2014

I had stayed here a couple of days traveling on business in Bucharest.
Good hotel,not so far from the airport. with large rooms pretty good breakfast. The staff was verry helpful and resolved every problem I had.
The only minus is the wifi that I think should be complimentary.
Most probably I would go back with another ocasion.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business

Dear Andrei,
Thank you for staying at the Crowne Plaza and for taking the time to review us
on TripAdvisor. I am happy to read that you enjoyed your stay with us, the Location
not far from the Airport as well as the helpfulness of our staff.
Regarding the WIFI, I can inform you that as of 1st of April 2014 all IHG Rewards Club member
have complimentary WIFI connection in the rooms, in the Lobby, Bar and Restaurants.
I recommend to sign up during your next stay in order to benefit for your future stays in IHG Hotels.
Looking forward to welcome you back soon.

Kind regards

Reviewed 15 January 2014

What a very pleasant surprise.greeted by very smiling professional staff. Could not do enough for my wife and I during our three day stay in October 2013. Room very comfortable and clean.no problems with room service. Breakfast very good. Spa was very relaxing and everything worked. Excellent value for money. 20 minutes to airport and less to the Old City of Bucharest. Would definitely stay again.highly recommended by the two of us.

Room Tip: We asked for a quiet one and that's what we got. Just ask.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 31 December 2013

A pretty good hotel, actually. The building looks as it existed before 90's, and was subsequently upgraded to keep up with the contemporary standards. At least that how it feels, but it's not a bad thing - as it meets expectations of a 4 star hotel guest, with a significant (or not, up to you) addition of an indoor swimming pool, which is rare in Bucharest for the price. Bar for evening drink, restaurant for breakfast, room and bathroom - all very adequate, and in terms of food better than what you would get in the Western Europe in this class. Location is one of the biggest advantages - 15 minutes drive to the airport; 15 minutes walk to a nice park with Hard Rock Cafe (supposedly best burgers in town). Off the city center, though. Reasonably priced taxis make up for that, and so does the extra half an hour of sleep time before that morning plane :-)
Overall - very adequate + pool. If you get a good rate - and it is not impossible at all - definitely worth the money.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank wiedzmin
Franz R, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Bucharest, responded to this reviewResponded 14 January 2014

Dear guest,

thank you so much for taking the time to write this positive review. I was happy to read you enjoyed your stay with us and I am sure my colleagues will feel the same.

Reviewed 30 December 2013

Although this hotel is not in the centre of Bucharest it has everything you need for a great stay. I was impressed with the easy and fast check-in and the room has everything you could need. The bed is the comfiest EVER; I just want to take it home. I love the fact the hotel Management understands what a guest wants from a hotel: a warm welcome, well-stocked minbar, room service, a restaurant on site and tea and coffee facilities. Free Wi-Fi is a great bonus as is a generous stock of tea, coffee and chocolate. Even the room service is well-priced and of a good standard and with interesting choices. I also love the product to help you sleep the hotel provides next to bed... I LOVE this hotel.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo

Dear Guest,
Thank you for staying at the Crowne Plaza Bucharest and for taking the time to review us on TripAdvisor.
I am delighted to hear your enjoyed your stay with us and that you appreciated our hospitality, welcoming services and our facilities. Your positive feedback is a great motivation for our team,
ensuring that we consistently provide excellent service and exceed guests expectations. I am very happy to read that you love our hotel !!
Looking forward to the pleasure to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed 8 December 2013

I stayed there in November .The rooms are big and clean you have all you need in a hotel.If you want to go to the swimming pool there is a special lift distinct from normal ones and you can go directly there .THE BREAKFAST WAS VERY GOOD.

Room Tip: Stay near the lift with direct acces to thje swimming pool
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business

Dear Guest,
thank you for staying at the Crowne Plaza Bucharest and for taking the time to review us on TripAdvisor.
Positive feedback like yours is a great motivation for our team, ensuring that we consistently provide excellent service to all our guests.