“Excellent Service”

Ranked #5 of 166 Hotels in Bucharest
Westport, Connecticut
“Excellent Service”
Reviewed 10 June 2011

Practically I leave in this hotel because I check in on monthly basis. I am conducting my business in the hotel and occasionally I bring my family to enjoy together a short vacation or a long weekend. The staff is very friendly, professional and courteous. They are accommodating most if not all of my requests and believe me I am a very demanding customer. Talking about services: I have experienced a high level of service starting with the porter and bell boys, continuing with the front desk, concierge and executive lounge, and ending up with housekeeping, laundry and room service. Of course, being their guest for so long due I get used to the pampering and the royal treatment and sometimes I am unhappy with some aspects of the service but these are rare occurrences and mostly of these are minor issues. What is more important is the fact that every time I have such complain the problem is addressed and solved to my satisfaction regardless of how reasonable or unreasonable may be.
I have only good things to say about the hotel restaurants: Cucina, Champions, JW Steak House and The Garden. It does present a variety of cuisine selections giving me the comfort and the confidence of inviting my business guests for a special lunch or dinner. Same with Vienna Lounge and Pavilion Lounge. The food is very good and the service is excellent – attentive and courteous. I strongly recommend this location for the business travelers as well for the leisure travelers. Here are some tips:
• Marriott Rewards members are always treated as VIPs at this hotel – get a membership before you travel and you will see the difference as soon as you check in.
• Use the concierge service, particularly if you are a leisure guest because they are very knowledgeable of the local attractions and restaurants. More so they are very helpful and very likeable due to a great personality.
• Time to the time the hotel hires new people and its staff may have numerous trainees. Your observations are typically well received but sometime you must address an issue directly with the front desk manager or even with the General manager. Do not hesitate to ask for one of them. I found them very responsive and willing to find a solution to your problem.
• If you are eating to one of the restaurant on the premises do not hesitate to ask for special preparation of the fish or the meat. The chefs are always accommodating my special culinary requests – it does not have to be on the menu but if they have the ingredients they will do it for you.
• Try the Sunday brunch at JW Steakhouse and enjoy the tea and the music at Vienna café.

Nicolae Tudor
Senior VP

Room Tip: Best rooms ending in 02,04,06 & 42,44,46
  • Stayed June 2011, travelled on business
Igael_Porecki, General Manager at JW Marriott Bucharest Grand Hotel, responded to this review, 20 July 2011
Dear Mr. Tudor,

Please let me take this opportunity to thank you for taking the time to post such a detailed feedback on Tripadvisor about JW Marriott Bucharest Grand Hotel!

Your feedback greatly assists us in our efforts to improve the quality of service provided to our guests and enhances our ability to recognize areas in our organization, which are working well and areas in which we can improve.

I shared your feedback with all our staff and I hope that this will be helpful for all Tripadvisor users!

Thank you for your business and I am looking forward in having you and your family again in JW Marriott Bucharest Grand Hotel.

JW Marriott Bucharest Grand Hotel

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (216)
  • Arabic first
  • Czech first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Rushden
Reviewed 2 June 2011

First class hotel, first class rooms and amenities, first class food, first class prices!

• Stayed May 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank jimbells
Dear Guest,

Please let me take this opportunity to thank you for your great feedback posted on Tripadvisor about JW Marriott Bucharest Grand Hotel!

Thank you for your business and I am looking forward in having you again as a guest in JW Marriott Bucharest Grand Hotel.

Herts
Reviewed 1 June 2011

We were most impressed by bthe quality of this hotel and it appeared much better than others that we had stayed throughout the world. Apparently the reason was that this is a "J W Marriott" which is the top quality end of the chain.

Excellent facilities, friendly staff, clean, welcoming - what more could you want! Although our room faced the street you could not here a thing so the windows must have been triple-glazed. Also very good view of the "Peoples Palace" The conciege was most helpful and nothing was too much trouble.

My only small gripe was that it wasn't very central but as taxi's were so cheap it wasn't a problem (10 lei to most of the main sites!).

I thoroughly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Boeing747SP

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 17 May 2011

I spent at the beginning of May 4 days at Marriott Bucharest for a business meeting and I have my partner with me. Was one of the best experience I ever had in a Marriott hotel around the world.
The hotel was fantastic: big rooms , very clean with comfy beds for a perfect night sleep. Very quiet hotel even is a very big one and we had the feeling that we were at home. By the way they had the biggest bathroom ever and the amenities are very good despite the fact that they are not big brands.
The breakfast ( buffet style ) was very good and excellent value for money and is a must a visit to the steakhouse at the first level....perfect for a fantastic dinner and a romantic night out.
The biggest asset of the hotel is the staff. Never saw around the world so many smiles from the door entrance trough all our stay. The concierge and the reception staff were very friendly professional and helpful giving us all the information and suggestion to find our way around the city. They knew how to make easy and pleasant our stay there and the never used a NO as an answer for all our requests. Perfect staff and very polite.
The lounge is a very pleasant place for mornings and afternoons with a lovely ambiance a very professional and friendly staff and an impressive selection of snacks and drinks.
I had a not very good experience in other Bucharest hotels in my previous visits ( Hilton, Raddisson ) but this time the Marriott Bucharest and it's staff made us to book already a holiday in the summer in Bucharest and of course JW Marriott will be our option for accommodation.
Thank you very much to all of fantastic people at the Marriott Bucharest.

Room Tip: just ask the front desk staff what you want
  • Stayed May 2011, travelled on business
3 Thank Trompy1969
Igael_Porecki, General Manager at JW Marriott Bucharest Grand Hotel, responded to this review, 1 June 2011

Bloomington
Reviewed 1 May 2011

I've stayed here a few times now. Staff is a little unmotivated but friendly. The rooms are very comfortable and the room service has been very good. The Romanian specialty items on the menu are wonderful. The Thai/Sushi place downstairs is just average. I'd recommend this hotel for business travelers.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled on business
1 Thank ckgosch
spalding, uk
Reviewed 27 April 2011

Stayed here for 4 nights in November 2009 for a wedding of our Romanian friends.

Wonderful hotel, lovely large room overlooking the front of the hotel with views of the city and the People's Palace. Situated a little way from the sights of Bucharest so if you are looking to be at the centre of things a more centrally situated hotel would be better but it is fairly easy to find your way about. Taxis are no problem.

Lovely, clean, elegant hotel. Staff helpful and friendly, nothing too much trouble. Food very good, lovely area to sit and take afternoon tea with a great selection of pastries, cakes etc.

Bearing in mind the busy road at the front of the hotel, the rooms and lovely and quiet.

Best hotel we have stayed in to date and would not hesitate to stay here again.

• Stayed May 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank jennypenny52
Bucharest, Romania
Reviewed 4 April 2011

I stayed at this hotel one night and I received an executive room.
The room was large, very modern furniture and services are standard high level Marriott.A small problem I had at the reception where the receptionist was very indifferent.
I ate at the new opened restaurant " Steak House" and I was really suprized.
Amazing food.Fully recomended.