Practically I leave in this hotel because I check in on monthly basis. I am conducting my business in the hotel and occasionally I bring my family to enjoy together a short vacation or a long weekend. The staff is very friendly, professional and courteous. They are accommodating most if not all of my requests and believe me I am a very demanding customer. Talking about services: I have experienced a high level of service starting with the porter and bell boys, continuing with the front desk, concierge and executive lounge, and ending up with housekeeping, laundry and room service. Of course, being their guest for so long due I get used to the pampering and the royal treatment and sometimes I am unhappy with some aspects of the service but these are rare occurrences and mostly of these are minor issues. What is more important is the fact that every time I have such complain the problem is addressed and solved to my satisfaction regardless of how reasonable or unreasonable may be.
I have only good things to say about the hotel restaurants: Cucina, Champions, JW Steak House and The Garden. It does present a variety of cuisine selections giving me the comfort and the confidence of inviting my business guests for a special lunch or dinner. Same with Vienna Lounge and Pavilion Lounge. The food is very good and the service is excellent – attentive and courteous. I strongly recommend this location for the business travelers as well for the leisure travelers. Here are some tips:
• Marriott Rewards members are always treated as VIPs at this hotel – get a membership before you travel and you will see the difference as soon as you check in.
• Use the concierge service, particularly if you are a leisure guest because they are very knowledgeable of the local attractions and restaurants. More so they are very helpful and very likeable due to a great personality.
• Time to the time the hotel hires new people and its staff may have numerous trainees. Your observations are typically well received but sometime you must address an issue directly with the front desk manager or even with the General manager. Do not hesitate to ask for one of them. I found them very responsive and willing to find a solution to your problem.
• If you are eating to one of the restaurant on the premises do not hesitate to ask for special preparation of the fish or the meat. The chefs are always accommodating my special culinary requests – it does not have to be on the menu but if they have the ingredients they will do it for you.
• Try the Sunday brunch at JW Steakhouse and enjoy the tea and the music at Vienna café.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Grand in every way, the JW Marriott Bucharest Grand Hotel surrounds you with luxury and elegance, befitting the chosen hotel of European royalty, international dignitaries and music stars. Prestigiously located next to the stunning Parliament Palace, the hotel "city within a city" complete with shopping gallery and casino, state-of-the-art fitness and spa center. The 402 guest rooms and suites, the largest in Bucharest, offer everything the traveling executive requires and feature exquisite bedding. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Hotel.de, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your JW Marriott Bucharest Grand Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Jw Marriott Bucharest
- Marriott Bucharest Grand Hotel
- Bucharest Marriott