JW Marriott Bucharest Grand Hotel
Hotel Christina(Bucharest)(Great Value!)
US$111
US$96
Hotels.com
K+K Hotel Elisabeta(Bucharest)(Great Value!)
US$93
US$82
US$153
US$136
  • Pool
NH Bucharest(Bucharest)(Great Value!)
US$64
Europa Royale Bucharest(Bucharest)(Great Value!)
US$113
US$102
US$177
US$170
Z Executive Boutique Hotel(Bucharest)(Great Value!)
US$114
US$111
  • Breakfast included
Orhideea Residence & Spa(Bucharest)(Great Value!)
US$101
US$85
Agoda.com
  • Breakfast included
Mercure Bucharest City Center(Bucharest)(Great Value!)
US$95
Mercure
1,367 results
All reviewsthe executive loungehigh end shopslouis vuittonparliament buildingold townhuge hotelpeople's palacebusiness tripfirst floorthe ground floorrooms are largefitness centerexcellent hoteleastern europenon smokingcucinacity
Reviewed 1 January 2014

We spent one night at the beginning and one night at the end of our Romania trip at this hotel. Overall, our hotel experience was outstanding. The specifics:

Location from airport: 30 minutes. Taxi cost is $15 USD, including tip. KEY POINT: when you arrive at Bucharest airport, you need to obtain a taxi ticket inside the terminal (you essentially reserve a taxi) that has a taxi “ID number.” When you see the taxi with the matching ID number, that car is your taxi. The process is actually simple once you understand the process.

Location from the old town area: approximately 10 minute $3 USD taxi ride. Also, you can walk the distance in about 30 minutes. Old town has several restaurants in the low-mid price range.

KEY POINT on the return from Old Town: taxis have different prices. Be sure to get a cab with 1.39/K on the side of the taxi. The problem is that in the taxi line, some taxis (they all look the identical) have 3.5/K, which is significantly more expensive. The cab drivers of the expensive cabs will most likely be out of the cab asking you if you want a taxi. Just be careful and you will not end up overpaying.

Check-in: easy and fast.

Wi-Fi: easy to connect, complementary, and fast.

Executive lounge: big, immaculate, and well stocked. The lounge has evening snacks and complimentary drinks. The lounge breakfast has a large variety and is excellent.

Room tip: on our second night, we were upgraded to an Executive suite (because of Marriott status) on the non-executive floor. If you are offered the choice between a room on the executive floor and the suite, take the executive floor. It is convenient to simply walk to the lounge without using the elevator.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank jknight910
Igael_Porecki, General Manager at JW Marriott Bucharest Grand Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 5 February 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for your review and for the nice comments.
We appreciate a lot your time spent and we look forward to seeing you back with us again.

Best regards.

Reviewed 19 December 2013

13 to December 17 was a guest of the hotel can only say positive things my stay was good, I have no complaints about the room clean everything was second to none, breakfast is good.
Maybe just the internet is a little expensive than normal for days or weeks ... but if I had something free at the reception so it was not such a big problem.
Keep it up

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 4 December 2013

I was in Romania on a business trip for a week in November 2013 and I got a room on the topmost floor with an access to the Executive lounge.

Why I like them : The opulence is very evident from the lobby, to the restaurants, to the lounges and to the rooms. The rooms are great! And their complementary breakfast is quite good.

Why I don't like them : The Concierge, though willing to help, is sadly not adequately informed. On a business travel with an Amex card, it was quite a task for me to find an ATM in the city that accepts Amex. Their Concierge didn't know either!! However, I went to the Radisson Blu concierge (since I was in that area) and they told me full details on this and I FINALLY got some Romanian RON form the ATM!
The restaurant staff didnt seem to understand my query on a Romanian dish that I wanted to try. I had eaten this dish called Mamaliga earlier in Bran and it was absolutely yummy with some fresh cream. When I asked them that, they gave me blank looks. Quite surprising that was to me that they didnt know the trending dishes in the city!

Ofcourse, these downsides are something that I could deal with considering the fact all others were fine.

So, if you wanna stay here and look around the city, Id say totally, YES!!
But, if you need more information, GOOGLE or go to the Radisson Blu concierge!

Room Tip: Take the room with the view of the parliament palace and try to take one on the topmost floor so that you can have access to the exec lounge.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo
Igael_Porecki, General Manager at JW Marriott Bucharest Grand Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 30 December 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review and for the time allocated to share with us your impressions during your visit to our hotel.

We regret the experience you had with with the Concierge and also in the restaurant and let me assure you that I have passed your comments to the respective Department Heads.

I do hope we will host you again at JW Marriott Bucharest Grand Hotel and restore your faith in our top services.

Best regards.

Reviewed 24 November 2013 via mobile

This 5 star hotel is only let down by the slow service, but that's just Romania in general! It's quite expensive compared to going outside to eat and drink, but the staff are all very friendly and know what they are doing. Other than that, I don't think I can fault this hotel. I would highly recommend staying here if visiting. I was at the hotel for 5 weeks and I loved it.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank TKL7
Igael_Porecki, General Manager at JW Marriott Bucharest Grand Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 9 December 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time and sharing your comments with us and I would like to assure you that I will pass your comments to my team.

Looking forward to seeing you back at JW Marriott Bucharest Grand Hotel!

Reviewed 12 November 2013

Really good hotel, has everyting you need. The saff is so friendly and everyone speaks perfect english. Rooms are great and I LOOOOOOOVE aromatherapy associates products they give. Restaurants are really good. Room service food average.
The big minus is wifi that you still have to pay for.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business