“Expenses at the hotel”

Ranked #5 of 168 Hotels in Bucharest
Albuquerque, New Mexico
“Expenses at the hotel”
Reviewed 22 July 2014

The Marriott charges $10 for a one-liter bottle of water, so if you're going to want some water, pick it up at the airport.

Also, there is a charge for the Wi-Fi in the lobby.

The breakfast buffet was excellent.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
Igael_Porecki, General Manager at JW Marriott Bucharest Grand Hotel, responded to this review, 28 July 2014
Dear guest,

Thank you for staying with us and also for letting us know your feedback.
We are pleased to see your remark on the breakfast buffet. In the matter of water and Wi-Fi charges we suspect a misunderstanding: our hotel provides free of charge Wi-Fi access in all public areas, lobby included, and also two bottles of complimentary water in each room upon arrival. For additional demands, the room service menu features three different alternatives for water brands.
Please do not hesitate to contact us for further clarifications. We hope to welcome you again soon.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (221)
  • Arabic first
  • Czech first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Toronto
Reviewed 22 July 2014

We stayed at the Grand Hotel last week, my wife went for a conference and I tagged along. All the staff were very helpful and most (95%) spoke English. Tried all the restaurants, nothing spectacular, all were good. The breakfast buffet was excellent! The shopping mall on the first level could be dangerous to your wallet, Vuitton, Rolex and other high end retail.

It's a little disconcerting to look out a hotel window and see an old Soviet NUKE Plant, at least to me! But the power is fresh and their is plenty of it :). Don't know why they would build a plant almost downtown, maybe save a little on the transmission lines?

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Manchester, Connecticut
Reviewed 20 July 2014

I made a brief stop in Bucharest on business. After spending only one night at this hotel, I realize that my stop was too brief. This hotel is very beautiful, and the staff is friendly and welcoming. Due to my Marriott Rewards status, they gave me an unexpected arrival gift of Romanian folk art. They really could not have been friendlier.

The hotel is not far from the giant Parliament Building in Bucharest. The hotel grounds are large, but guests can still find places to explore within walking distance of the hotel. The hotel also has shopping and restaurants under its roof. The name of the hotel has the word "grand" in it, and it fits. This is a grand hotel in the classic sense of the term.

My room was large and clean with large windows looking out on the street in front of the hotel. The room was well appointed with a separate tub and shower in the bathroom. The television had several international channels. The room also had a work desk and internet access not only in the rooms but throughout the hotel.

I did not use their exercise facilities during my visit; so, I cannot comment on them. I did use the executive lounge, and I ate breakfast in the JW Steakhouse. I had a business meeting in the executive lounge, and the attendant was very accommodating. Breakfast in the JW Steakhouse was excellent. It was a large buffet that included eggs to order, breads and pastries, breakfast meats, cheeses, and fresh fruit.

I have absolutely no complaints for the brief time I spent in the hotel. My check out when just as smoothly as check in. The staff was warm and made me feel welcome. I would definitely recommend this hotel to others if they are staying in Bucharest.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 17 July 2014

The hotel was very appealing to our group, breakfast buffet was great. Rooms large and spacious. The hotel staff was most helpful and courtesious. We thoroughly enjoyed our stay. The Italian restaurant is very inviting and the food was delicious.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
Istanbul, Turkey
Reviewed 16 July 2014

I was travelling first time to Bucharest with a businessman group. We had a successful stay in JW Marriott. The breakfast was marvelous. We had dinner one night at the Italian. It was also delicious and reasonable rate. My friends tried the other night the Steakhouse and also liked it a lot. I want also talk about Ms Nicoleta Garnila at the concierge. I have never seen such a right person for this job. She was so helpful and smiling all the time. She mad our trip enjoyable one with her recommendations. I stronly recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: The rooms are quite good
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank fatih a
Baltimore, Maryland
Reviewed 16 July 2014

First of all, the staff at this hotel is top notch. Both concierges we worked with were friendly and helpful. The first gave us a map of the city and suggested a few restaurants and places to get drinks. We had dinner at one of the restaurants (Caru cu Bere) and it was delicious. A different concierge helped us set up our tour at the Parliament building and arranged for pickup from the hotel for another tour that we had scheduled prior to arriving.

This hotel is a little bit farther from Old Town than some of the others. It is about a 15 minute walk (around the Parliament Building). We didn't have a problem walking every day (it was completely safe), but just be aware that it does take some time to get to the restaurants/pubs. You can also take a taxi for pretty cheap.

This is a beautiful hotel that has a number of different things for guests to do (casino, pool, shopping) during their stay!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
Igael_Porecki, General Manager at JW Marriott Bucharest Grand Hotel, responded to this review, 17 July 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel.
I am really happy you have enjoyed your stay at JW Marriott Bucharest Grand Hotel. Moreover I will make sure to pass your nice comments and appreciation to my team.

I can assure you that we will do our best to always feel welcome and we look forward to having you back in our hotel.

Sincerely yours
Paris, Texas
Reviewed 14 July 2014

We stayed here twice during our multi-week trip driving through Romania. Not only is it absolutely stunning to the eye, but it's everything you expect and more from a JW Marriott. The architecture is much like the Palace of the Parliament down the road, and the inside feels as if you walked into a sultan's palace. Staff is friendly, hotel is clean and luxurious, and the restaurant, The Garden, is fantastic! Will stay here every time I fly into Bucharest from here on out. The most interesting and nicest hotel I have probably ever stayed in. Wow.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple