“A 5 Star Hilton”

Athenee Palace Hilton Bucharest
Ranked #10 of 169 Hotels in Bucharest
Reviewed 19 March 2014

At check in the staff was very welcoming and friendly. The room was nice and Hilton standard. There also is an executive lounge on the 5th floor with a nice balcony where I enjoyed coffee and afternoon canapés and treats overlooking the square and a beautiful roman church.
I can very much recommand the italian restaurant Roberto's. The seafood pasta is just perfect here. The restaurant has a nice terrace where one can enjoy the food sitting outside.
The gym is very modern and well equipped with lots of free weights and cardio equipment.
This Hilton is a real gem in Bucharest. The helpful and friendly staff makes this Hilton a home away from home.

Stayed: March 2014
Hilton_Bucharest, General Manager at Athenee Palace Hilton Bucharest, responded to this reviewResponded 22 March 2014

Thank you so much for your kind words! It gave me great pleasure to know you enjoyed your stay. Indeed, we are well known for the hospitality of our staff and for the delicious menus we offer throughout our outlets. Will definitely share your review with our Italian chef, Marco.Our location is the heart of the city and our hotel has a unique view over the historical Revolution Square and the Victoriei Boulevard and I was very happy to see you took advantage of all this.

I hope that on your next visit you will have the chance to explore more of the city and maybe allow it to reveal its beauty to you.

Jan Thomsen

Write a ReviewReviews (2,028)

Reviewed 19 March 2014

Selected this plca for my econd trip to Bucharest. It was a great pick. Very high quality place, rooms are perfect, all amenities are available, food is great and Service at its top level. All you expect from a World Class Hilton. I'll surely be back next time I am in town.

1  Thank Michel G

I was extremely happy to read your wonderful review and I thank you for taking the time to share it. I am pleased to know you appreciated the quality of our services and amenities, we take great pride in making our guests to feel as comfortable as possible during their stay. We are looking forward to welcome you again on your next visit to Bucharest.

Reviewed 18 March 2014

Best possible location, "good old times" luxury hotel, yet well kept.and with all modern amenities.Exceptional beds and bed linen Free Wi-Fi but a little pain in the neck to renew the username & password which si only good for 24 hrs. Buffet breakfast was.rich and tasty but not exceptional. Friendly staff
Quiet , casino is closed ! Gamblers can do it across the street

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Galahotels.com

Thank you for being our guest and for taking the time to write this lovely review. I am glad you enjoyed your stay with us, from our central location to the comfortable rooms and the rich breakfast we offer. The Casino will be open soon and we hope you will include it for your next trip to Bucharest.

Reviewed 18 March 2014

We had an event at the hotel - an Educational Fair with top school from Europe and I have to say that everything went perfect and the employees and the services were at high standards.
P.S. a + for a nice fellow fom the Hilton Staff always willing to help us: Marius Maria. :)

Integral Educational Programs

1  Thank Bogdan V

Thank you so much for your appreciation and for taking the time to write this review. We take great pride in being a reliable partner for all types of events. I’ll make sure to personally deliver your salutations to Marius.

Hoping to collaborate again soon!

Reviewed 17 March 2014

Bucharest in mid-February? Hardly a dream destination and I wasn't looking forward to the trip. However, things definitely started to look up when met at OTP by the Hilton car and extremely knowledgeable driver who clearly loved his city and had such interesting information about all the unexpectedly beautiful buildings on the way to the hotel.
Hotel check in was amazing... room with a balcony, no problem, just don't fall off it please. Wifi, no problem. AND it worked. Room, brilliant. I lucked out with an upgrade to the Executive Floor and what seemed like a mini suite. Lovely. With an ice machine in the corridor, a super comfortable bed, nespresso machine and more importantly a fantastic shower. I was in heaven... especially with the balcony and door that actually opened. Breakfast and catering for the meeting I had to attend all excellent. The cafe off the lobby excellent. Well done Athenee Palace, my only gripe, the group dinner in the hotel restaurant was less than underwhelming in fact awful would be appropriate. Return car to the airport and another knowledgeable and interesting driver. Would I return to Bucharest? Mid June would be preferable!!

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank SadTravellingOnMyOwn

Thank you for your beautiful words! I was happy to read you enjoyed Bucharest and Athénée Palace Hilton and that you left with an improved vision about the city. I’m glad to know you appreciated your complimentary upgrade and the comfortable room. Indeed, the terrace of the Executive lounge has a unique view in Bucharest, overlooking the Revolution Square and the Romanian Atheneum. Furthermore, I’m extremely pleased that you would return and I’m truthfully hoping you will choose us to welcome you again soon.

Reviewed 17 March 2014

Great hotel, great location, great amenities. Nice central location bar and general hotel staff excellent knowledge and assistance. Good view from the room. good location for business connections and outside restaurants and food

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
1  Thank Gurmukh R

Thank you for sharing your words with TripAdvisor! I’m happy you took advantage of our central location and superior amenities and also that my colleagues managed to prove once again their professionalism.

Hoping to welcome you again soon!

Reviewed 17 March 2014

This was my second visit to this hotel after twelve months and it certainly seemed to be more friendly and welcoming this time around. Staff were courteous and helpful when required without being obtrusive and the room was extremely comfortable, quiet and clean.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel, it’s always a pleasure to read from a returning guest. It was delightful to read about how much you enjoyed your experience in our hotel. I’ll make sure to send your compliments to my team. We are all looking forward to welcoming you again to the Athénée Palace Hilton Bucharest!