We stayed at the Athenee Palace for 4 days at the end of May and decided to upgrade to a large suite. Our reception was welcoming and friendly. The hotel and lobby is in the tradition of the many grand hotels around the world. The cafe on the main floor was enjoyable for a small treat or meal with coffee or tea, although if you are a non smoker stay away from the dividing line as the smoke will drift over from the smoking area to the non smoking area. Checkout was fine and the concierge was helpful. WIFI was extremely fast for a hotel.
Our room was very large with a living room, dining table, small office area, 2 bathrooms, and a large bedroom. The bathroom had been renovated and was beautiful. However, the suite overall was tired looking. It needs a complete renovation. I have two small complaints. For such an expensive suite there was no hair dryer (I need one and in most hotels of this calibre there is one available). The 2nd complaint was that the water kettle which would be used for making a cup of tea did not work.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Explore Bucharest from the historic Athenee Palace Hilton Buchrest hotel, built in 1914 and set in the heart of the city. At the Hilton Athenee Palace Bucharest hotel you can enjoy local attractions including the Romanian Athenaeum and the former Royal Palace. Theatres, shops and cafes are all located within walking distance. All Athenee Palace Hilton Bucharest hotel rooms have wireless internet access. Upgrade to a Hilton Room Plus or choose an Executive Room for Executive Lounge access. Enjoy the heated indoor pool, Jacuzzi and well-equipped gym or indulge in a luxurious treatment in the hotel's beauty center. Spend the evening in our onsite casino or dine in one of 3 restaurants. The English Bar offers a large selection of whiskies. Feast on authentic Italian delights in Roberto's restaurant.Just minutes' drive from Henri Coanda Airport, the Athenee Palace Hilton Bucharest hotel has 11 meeting rooms for up to 400 guests. The Le Diplomate Ballroom is an UNESCO heritage monument and the setting for international events. Take in magnificent views over the Revolution Square and the Athenaeum from the fifth floor balcony in the Executive Lounge. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Odigeo, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Ebookers, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, getaroom.com and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Athenee Palace Hilton Bucharest reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Athenee Palace Hilton Bucharest Hotel Bucharest
- Hilton International Bucharest
- Hilton Bucharest
- Bucharest Hilton