This is one of the best hotels in Bucharest and considered here to be the ultimate place also for the up class society of Bucharest, and one of the best “business” Hilton hotels I have stayed in, and I was on a business training for 14 days, so I really got to try everything the hotel had to offer and its service. The location is excellent in the middle of the city with walking distance to restaurants, attractions, museeums and shopping…the little there is. The fitness center and pool/relax area is one of the best ones I have experienced in a hotel. The service is quite good and the room on the exec floor are big, but nothing special at all and quite standard. The exec lounge has a good offering, but the breakfast could offer more. The breakfast in the restaurant is much better, with among other things a chef that makes omelet after order. There are two more restaurants, that I did not try, a casino and a cigarr shop-/lounge.
A really good service was the ability to pree-book a taxi that accepts credit cards through the hotel, to pick you up at the airport (€24), or a private care/Mercedes (€46).
Right in the middle of the city with easy access to everything. Its located between two metro stations, which is more modern then to match the rest of the city. Walking distance to shopping, restaurants, museeums, etc..
The entrance and lobby area is gorgeous and looks ancient in a modern way. A separate Honors check in down stairs, but also on the exec floor, which they never mentioned.
Big size room and very standard. Positive is that there were two huge closets, safe in the room, very comfortable beds and a floor to ceiling mirror. The mini bar was well stocked, but expansive, even for Romanian prices, which are extremely low. But I did not expect anything other from a luxury hotel in a poor country. There is an Nespresso coffe/espresso maker, which was very good. Negative are the small and old TV, a bit small working desk that could hardly fit a laptop and papers beside each other. No sofa, but two arm chairs. The telephones were old with bad connection. There is no free internet on the exec floor rooms, its expansive and no high-speed, but quite slow, and there were more problems with the conection and service, then it worked, and you had to call the US support (free) your self and be on the line with them. There was only complementary water upon arrival. I changed room after three days to one with a view and balcony towards the piata/plaza/square (Se pic), which was a bit bigger in surface, but only one closet. The positive was the balcony and possibility to sit out there in the gorgeous weather we were fortunate to have these weeks.
I did not eat dinner at either of the restaurants in the hotel. There is an Italian restaurant with a good menu, on paper that is, I cannot comment on the quality.
The breakfast bufé is good in the restaurant, especially the chef making omelett as you want it. There are fresh raspberries, which are usually quite expansive. They also had small smoothies. Besides that, it was like very other business breakfast bufé. The exec lounge breakfast was very limited, but could offer a bit of everything but in very limited amount.
The executive lounge offered breakfast in the mornings, afternoon tea with pasteries and snacks and small finger food in the evening, with an (limited) open bar with alcohol, even there were always beer supplied if you wanted.
Fitness center/pool-/relax area, is the best I have experienced in a hotel. Pool, jacuzzi, relax area, dry sauna, steam sauna, massage, tanning beds. The gym offers a lot of maxhines and a lot of free weights. There are 4 tread mills, 2 “ski machines”, 4 bicyles, and one rowing machine. There are several flat screens. The pool and relax are open until late and gym 24/7.
Probably the best feauture is the private elevator in the end of the hall way, which takes you directly down to this area, so you do not have to share elevator with other hotel guests, and when you are dressed in a bathrobe with slippers on.
Casino, is small and not very modern, nor nice, but free to access and a very good buffé that is also free, even if you do not play. They offer the most common tables, like roulette, black jack, different kind of pokers and some slot machines.
Cigarr store and a small seating area, but you can smoke almost every where anyway, so it’s no point to sit there. They have a good selection to reasonable prices. The opening hours are good as well. There is also a small, separate and secluded, area where you can smoke in the exec lounge.
Sighetseeing-/travel partner located in the hotel to help you with tours or to change or arrange a flight ticket. Did not take a tour, but received good information about local tours.
Restaurants; I can recommend a few; typical Romanian which is excellent and the most famous one is Cara cu Bere (www.carucubere.ro), the food was amazing. Italian we went to Isoletta (www.isoletta.ro), who are specialiezed in seafood and fish, which was really good. We had sushi at Benihana (www.benihana.ro) which is located in the Howard Johnson hotel, very expansive, a little to expansive actually for what you get, but it was a tepanyaki dinner, which is when they cook infront of you, which is also an experience. The last to recommend is the Golden Falcon, which is a Turkish place with VERY good meze and then grilled different meats to choose from on skewer.
I had to stay for 14 days, and it’s an ok business hotel, but to Bucharest standard probably very good. There are good options for keeping busy in the few hours you spend in the hotel in the evenings when you are here for business, but not a hotel I would stay at as a tourist. The exec floor saved some of the negative sides of the hotel, as well as the casino, fintesscenter/pool-/relax area and the cigarrlounge.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Explore Bucharest from the historic Athenee Palace Hilton Buchrest hotel, built in 1914 and set in the heart of the city. At the Hilton Athenee Palace Bucharest hotel you can enjoy local attractions including the Romanian Athenaeum and the former Royal Palace. Theatres, shops and cafes are all located within walking distance. All Athenee Palace Hilton Bucharest hotel rooms have wireless internet access. Upgrade to a Hilton Room Plus or choose an Executive Room for Executive Lounge access. Enjoy the heated indoor pool, Jacuzzi and well-equipped gym or indulge in a luxurious treatment in the hotel's beauty center. Spend the evening in our onsite casino or dine in one of 3 restaurants. The English Bar offers a large selection of whiskies. Feast on authentic Italian delights in Roberto's restaurant.Just minutes' drive from Henri Coanda Airport, the Athenee Palace Hilton Bucharest hotel has 11 meeting rooms for up to 400 guests. The Le Diplomate Ballroom is an UNESCO heritage monument and the setting for international events. Take in magnificent views over the Revolution Square and the Athenaeum from the fifth floor balcony in the Executive Lounge. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, LoveHolidays, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Evoline ltd, Ebookers, HotelQuickly, Cancelon, getaroom.com and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Athenee Palace Hilton Bucharest reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Athenee Palace Hilton Bucharest Hotel Bucharest
- Hilton International Bucharest
- Hilton Bucharest
- Bucharest Hilton