I don't expect clothes to effectively disappear from my room with no apparent trace in a hotel, and certainly not one of this supposed category. I'd stayed at the Athenee Palace several times on business trips as had some of my colleagues, and all was well. However, on a recent visit I left a dress and two jackets in the wardrobe in my room. I realised as soon as I opened my case on that same evening and called the hotel - nothing had been found they said and could I call back later. Of course, and I did so. Still no clothes. To keep this short, after numerous emails nobody could find my clothes, there was no apology, no admission that something had obviously gone wrong with their procedures, nothing. And of course no offer to make good. I even tried writing to the general manager, who didn't even bother to reply. Service = 0. My advice would be to go elsewhere - nobody plans to leave things in hotel rooms, but most of us do at some point, especially if we travel frequently, and not unreasonably we generally expect to get them back, together with an apology. I certainly won't be returning, and neither will any of my colleagues.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Explore Bucharest from the historic Athenee Palace Hilton Buchrest hotel, built in 1914 and set in the heart of the city. At the Hilton Athenee Palace Bucharest hotel you can enjoy local attractions including the Romanian Athenaeum and the former Royal Palace. Theatres, shops and cafes are all located within walking distance. All Athenee Palace Hilton Bucharest hotel rooms have wireless internet access. Upgrade to a Hilton Room Plus or choose an Executive Room for Executive Lounge access. Enjoy the heated indoor pool, Jacuzzi and well-equipped gym or indulge in a luxurious treatment in the hotel's beauty center. Spend the evening in our onsite casino or dine in one of 3 restaurants. The English Bar offers a large selection of whiskies. Feast on authentic Italian delights in Roberto's restaurant.Just minutes' drive from Henri Coanda Airport, the Athenee Palace Hilton Bucharest hotel has 11 meeting rooms for up to 400 guests. The Le Diplomate Ballroom is an UNESCO heritage monument and the setting for international events. Take in magnificent views over the Revolution Square and the Athenaeum from the fifth floor balcony in the Executive Lounge. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Ebookers, Odigeo, Traveltool, S.L.U., TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Athenee Palace Hilton Bucharest reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Athenee Palace Hilton Bucharest Hotel Bucharest
- Hilton International Bucharest
- Hilton Bucharest
- Bucharest Hilton