Athenee Palace Hilton Bucharest
K+K Hotel Elisabeta(Bucharest)(Great Value!)
US$115
US$76
US$130
US$87
Hotels.com
Europa Royale Bucharest(Bucharest)(Great Value!)
US$126
US$107
InterContinental Bucharest(Bucharest)(Great Value!)
US$197
US$143
InterContinental
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
Novotel Bucarest City Centre(Bucharest)(Great Value!)
US$80
  • Pool
Capitol Hotel(Bucharest)(Great Value!)
US$127
US$67
galahotels.com
2,121 results
All reviewsenglish barthe executive loungehistoric hotelconcert hallold townrevolution squareupgraded to a junior suiteromanian athenaeumart museumriver cruiseexcellent locationvery nice hotelcentral locationroom was spaciousbusiness tripconciergespies
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 27 August 2014

I must say it's a very good hotel. I got a HH Diamond upgrade to junior executive suite on the 5th floor. Room wasn't spectacular in its design, but it was clean and quite well maintained (quite, as air conditioning wasn't working at the beginning. but technician fixed within 5 minutes). Bathroom is not too large and a bit tired, but clean. There's a balcony, which is... permanently closed. You need to sign special form in reception to get it open, what's weird. There could be also some furniture at the balcony, which was not the case.

Breakfast is very good with excellent variety and quality. Restaurant looks nice, same as lobby and bar and there is a huge nice terrace, where you can have breakfast.

Executive lounge is spacious, with a separate smoking room. It's not crowded. Happy hours with nice snacks, warm dishes and good selection of wines and spirits start at 5pm and theoretically ends at 7pm, but usually all alcohols are available by the lounge closing, so 11pm.
Staff in lounge is a bit slow, so it ends up with all tables covered with empty plates and glasses. But this is the only one small disadvantage.

Location is just great - 10 min walk from the old town or 1,5 EUR by taxi. It's very central, so it's also close to museums and House of People.

Room Tip: 5th floor, fron view rooms are with balconies.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 27 August 2014

I was in this hotel from August, 19 till August, 21. It was a business trip and I needed place for rest after very busy days. I can honestly say, Hilton in Bucharest is a really good hotel with perfect location and high service standarts.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
1  Thank Ekaterina B
Hilton_Bucharest, General Manager at Athenee Palace Hilton Bucharest, responded to this reviewResponded 29 August 2014

Dear Guest,

We appreciate very much your kind words and we thank you for taking the time to share your impressions on TripAdvisor.
We are thrilled that you left the hotel bearing some good memories of your stay and everything met your expectations.
We will be looking forward to welcome you again whenever you travel brings you back to Bucharest!

Reviewed 23 August 2014

Hotel is wonderful in terms of location, rooms, service staff. Loved the associated cafe and spent time there almost every day. A great place to use as your base to explore the city and surrounding countryside. BUT - the concierge service is the worst I've encountered in Europe. Don't expect to utilize it for anything more than calling a cab.

Room Tip: Get a room facing Revolutionary Square (front of the hotel)
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank weinerfam

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share this valuable review.
What a pleasure to read that your visit to Bucharest was marked by a pleasant stay at Athénée Palace Hilton. However, I must admit that I was surprised to hear that you did not find our Concierge service helpful, as we take great proud in their efficiency. Therefore, I would like to apologize for any inconvenience that you may have encountered and assure you that we will investigate the matter and act on it.
Should you visit us again, we will be more than happy to welcome you!

Reviewed 22 August 2014

Centrally located, great friendly staff with very good service. Clean room. My only concern is the Bath Tub/Shower. The bath tub is very deep/high and makes it difficult for older people like me (72) to get into and out of. Had to be very careful when taking a shower so I wouldn't fall. Other than this, the hotel was excellent and I would stay there again.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends

Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing this valuable review with the travelling community and for choosing Athénée Palace Hilton.
I am very happy to read that you had a pleasant stay with us. Also, I am glad that the room met your expectations and that you appreciated our professional service. However, I apologize for the inconvenience that you have encountered and please rest assured that you feedback will be taken into consideration for further improvement.
We will be looking forward to welcome you again soon.

Reviewed 21 August 2014

I am not sure if it is only the Hilton Bucharest or the entire city that makes me so happy of being there. But I would defiantly vote for both together.

Athenee Palaca by Hilton is defiantly one of the highest recommendations in town. It has an amazing location, very secure, the staff is simply helpful and smiling, walking distance to a lot of touristic places and old downtown.

If you are a fan of classic places yet clean and modern in facilities, this is the only place to be in Bucharest.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled solo
13  Thank Sameh S

Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing this valuable review with the travelling community.
I am happy to read that you would consider recommending our hotel and that you had a pleasant stay. Also, I am glad that you appreciated our professional staff, as well as the historical building. Our hotel is, indeed, located very convenient next to the most important touristic places and I hope that you had the chance to stroll around the streets of Bucharest.

We will be looking forward to welcome you again soon.