The Athenee Palace is an old hotel taken over in the mid 90’s by the Hilton and brought back to its former glory. From the airport we took bus #783 and we got off at Romana Square, which is a short walk to the hotel. There are plenty of taxis at the airport but we wanted to experience the local flavor. The ride wasn't that bad and took about 45 min. As soon as we arrived we were warmly welcomed and upgraded to a junior suite on the 3rd floor with access to the executive lounge. The lounge is really great, serving breakfast till 10 am, snack and drinks till 11 pm. There is a balcony up there with a great view of the square below. Also they have 2 PCs with free Internet access. The staff is very nice, professional and accommodating. The room was very clean and the bed comfortable. The only complaint I have about the room is the old TVs, they sure can spend a little and replace them with flat screens. The location is the best possible, within walking distance to most things you want to see in Bucharest. The only restaurant we tried was La Strada which was a disappointment. The food is mediocre, the service is unremarkable and the prices are high. There are lots of better choices nearby. One pleasant surprise was a Lebanese restaurant called Tulin, a 10 minutes walk from the hotel. We really enjoy the food and atmosphere at Tulin. The hotel is a very good choice if you are in Bucharest for business or pleasure.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Explore Bucharest from the historic Athenee Palace Hilton Buchrest hotel, built in 1914 and set in the heart of the city. At the Hilton Athenee Palace Bucharest hotel you can enjoy local attractions including the Romanian Athenaeum and the former Royal Palace. Theatres, shops and cafes are all located within walking distance. All Athenee Palace Hilton Bucharest hotel rooms have wireless internet access. Upgrade to a Hilton Room Plus or choose an Executive Room for Executive Lounge access. Enjoy the heated indoor pool, Jacuzzi and well-equipped gym or indulge in a luxurious treatment in the hotel's beauty center. Spend the evening in our onsite casino or dine in one of 3 restaurants. The English Bar offers a large selection of whiskies. Feast on authentic Italian delights in Roberto's restaurant.Just minutes' drive from Henri Coanda Airport, the Athenee Palace Hilton Bucharest hotel has 11 meeting rooms for up to 400 guests. The Le Diplomate Ballroom is an UNESCO heritage monument and the setting for international events. Take in magnificent views over the Revolution Square and the Athenaeum from the fifth floor balcony in the Executive Lounge. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Odigeo, Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, HotelQuickly, 5viajes2012 S.L. and getaroom.com so you can book your Athenee Palace Hilton Bucharest reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Athenee Palace Hilton Bucharest Hotel Bucharest
- Hilton International Bucharest
- Hilton Bucharest
- Bucharest Hilton