“Great Value for Your Money.. Affordable Luxury”

Grand Hotel Continental
Ranked #16 of 169 Hotels in Bucharest
Reviewed 29 July 2014

I recently spent one night in this hotel while doing a quick visit in Bucharest for business. My room was supposedly a single one but it had two beds and all the comforts you could look for. Of course it was extremely clean and the furniture was reminiscent of baroque style, as the whole hotel. They told us the rooms were sound-proof, which I believe to be true cause I couldn't hear a whisper while I was in there. But, he TV sound was audible in the bathroom as well, which was nice! Unfortunately I couldn't make any use of the spa/gym area because of lack of time, although it was included in the price. Breakfast is served is a nice room in the basement area and offers simple yet delicious variety of food, both savoury and sweet. We got there at 11 pm and, despite the restaurant being closed, my companion was able to be served a light snack with fruit and cheese at the bar. The staff was nice and could speak good English. I absolutely recommend it.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
ContinentalHotelsRO, General Manager at Grand Hotel Continental, responded to this reviewResponded 18 August 2014

Dear guest,

We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay in our hotel. It is such a great pleasure to see that you found our Grand Hotel Continental so appropriate for what you wished for. We hope that when you will stay with us again you will try our Eden Spa, a place of calm and relaxation Thank you again for your kind comments. We look forward to seeing you in a not too distant future.

Reviewed 27 July 2014

We stayed here for five nights. The service was excellent, and the sound-proofed and air-conditioned room meant we got proper sleep despite the heat outside. Very comfortable bed. The rooms come equipped with iron and ironing board and hair dryer as well as a secure safe to leave valuables.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
ContinentalHotelsRO, General Manager at Grand Hotel Continental, responded to this reviewResponded 31 July 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for the interest shown towards Grand Hotel Continental and for taking the time to share your review on Tripadvisor. I was thrilled to read that you enjoyed your stay and thank you for the excellent comments on the hotel room. I hope I'll have the opportunity to welcome you back to the Grand Hotel Continental Bucharest,

Reviewed 25 July 2014

My family and I stayed here for about a week. It is located very close to the old town. The staff was responsive to all of our needs with no waiting. They made dinner reservations for us, called taxis and recommended shopping areas. The rooms were luxurious, decorated with antiques. Breakfast was great with omelettes made to order! I would not stay anywhere else in Bucharest!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
ContinentalHotelsRO, General Manager at Grand Hotel Continental, responded to this reviewResponded 30 July 2014

Dear guest,

Many thanks for taking the time to leave your wonderful thoughts following your stay with us.
I was so happy reading that you appreciate our small palace. The Grand Hotel Continental is indeed one of the oldest and beautiful hotel of Bucharest, included in the Romanian state Patrimony and the decorations and the antique pieces of furniture are completing the unique charm of the hotel. I do hope I’ll have the pleasure to welcome you again in our hotel.

My best wishes,

Reviewed 19 July 2014 via mobile

We arrived to find we'd been upgraded, always a plus! Rooms and public areas of the hotel comfortable, beautiful and well maintained. Staff courteous, friendly and helpful. Location excellent and very central. Food and drinks in the Victoria bar and at breakfast delicious- we recommend the vodka apple!!

Stayed: July 2014
ContinentalHotelsRO, General Manager at Grand Hotel Continental, responded to this reviewResponded 29 July 2014

Thank you for your lovely feedback on your experience at Grand Hotel Continental Bucharest. So nice to read that you found the staff friendly, courteous and helpful. I have passed your kind comments to the team who are very grateful .I do hope we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back on a future visit and please do not hesitate to contact us if we can be of any further assistance.

Warm regards,

Reviewed 18 July 2014

Albeit Bucharest was known as the little Paris in the 1920's and is a truly remarkable city, its selection of hotels leaves much to be desired. This hotel is clean and "luxurious" in a tired kind of way. Lots of fake gilt and replica furniture. The rooms are ok and not much else can be said. Breakfast is served in a cellar of the hotel - despite them having a lovely dining room upstairs.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank SimonLiebel

Dear guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review of Grand Hotel Continental on Tripadvisor. I am most grateful for your feedback, which is such a valuable source of information for me, regardless of whether it is good or bad, and helps me monitor the service we provide.
The team and I are obviously extremely disappointed to see that we did not exceed your expectations in a few areas.

I was also very surprised you mentioned that our furniture is a replica furniture. The furniture of the most part of the hotel's room (room 306 included) is an original furniture, made in solid wood, more then 50 years ago and was carefully reconditioned before the re-opening of the hotel in 2009. Other rooms have antique furniture bought, as the most part of the hotel decoration, from famous auction houses in Europe - in Vienna, Parma, Turin. Every day we get a lot of positive feedback on the hotel décor and furnishings, therefore your review saddens us more.

I hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back to Grand Hotel Continental in the future!

Reviewed 15 July 2014 via mobile

Stayed here for just one night and cannot fault the place. Food was lovely, staff were excellent, drinks were good.
We were upgraded to a suite on arrival and it was stunning - even had a proper coffee maker in the living room!
Will definitely return!

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
ContinentalHotelsRO, General Manager at Grand Hotel Continental, responded to this reviewResponded 28 July 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We are always delighted to receive feedback from our guests. The team and I are very pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay with us. I was also thrilled that you appreciated our food and drinks.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future,

Reviewed 9 July 2014

The hotel was the best part of the week we spent in Bucharest. The hotel is classic and elegant, restored to its full splendor. The rooms are beautiful, with modern bathrooms and stylish, classic interiors. The ceilings are tall, the furniture is elegant and classic. The service is superb and the breakfast is beautiful, rich and very customizable (they have sugar free honey!)

Room Tip: Rooms not facing Calea Victoriei are more quiet. Also, try to be away from the banquet room, especia...