The hotel is without question very nice. The staff are absolutely first class. The Club Lounge is without question one of the best I have ever been in. The pool is great and the work out facilities are excellent. My junior suite was wonderful with an outstanding view from the 15th floor. The room had a large balcony that was great for morning coffee. My one cautionary caveat regards the door to the room.
The door to my room did not close on its own thus it was very important that you be SURE you have pulled the door completely closed when you leave. I wish I had been advised when I checked in that the doors are not self closing or more accurately are self closing about 75% of the time. Unfortunately I went to the lobby bar to meet associates for about an hour and foolishly chose to leave my Ipad charging while I was downstairs. I did not realize at the time the door might not close all the way when I left and alas on this occasion it did not. When I came back my Ipad was gone. I certainly accept my responsibility for letting my guard down as there is a perfectly good safe where all my other valuables were stored but I do regret the hotel did not advise that one needs to be certain the door closes behind them.
Having said that, I can still comfortably recommend the hotel and just hope others might learn from my mishap as I know I have!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Towering above the city skyline, InterContinental Bucharest is one of the city's favourite international high-rise hotels, a distinction owed to its ideal location, fine appointments and impeccable service. Experience the Club InterContinental Lounge on the 21st floor of the hotel for a memorable stay in a relaxing, private and elegant setting designed to fulfil the expectations of the business travellers. Immerse yourself in the beautifully designed pool, with panoramic city vistas on the 22nd floor. Dine at Corso Brasserie, offering a contemporary Romanian menu and glass walls overlooking Bucharest. For a fine dining experience, try the Modigliani Pasta e Carne, one of the top Italian restaurants in Bucharest.The Old City Center, the Romanian Athenaeum Concert Hall and Cismigiu Gardens are just a few minutes away from the hotel. You’re also within walking distance of Bucharest’s business and shopping districts. Start your Bucharest's itinerary with the amazing city view from your room balcony! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Nozio Netplan srl, Booking.com, Expedia, HostelWorld, Hotels.com, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly, Cancelon, Evoline ltd and getaroom.com so you can book your InterContinental Bucharest reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Intercontinental Bucharest Hotel Bucharest
- Bucharest Intercontinental