Where to begin? This was the first hotel-Bar I frequented in Bucharest back in 1987. Jet-lagged and wide-awake at midnight, I walked from my hotel on Calea Victoria to the bright lights of the Intercon just up the street. I breezed into the deserted place and located the "dollar" bar on the first floor just steps away from the main entrance--where it remains to this day. But there is more than the old main lobby bar: there are restaurants for quick food and liesurely expensive meals. We also went upstairs to the top floor bar and restaurant where we took in Romanian folk singers and dancers. If you decide to get a room, the views from the top floors are great of the city. Location is right down town a nice walk away from Athene Palace and the Square where the heroes of the 1989 revolt are honored. The Intercon is also right next to the Theater, the University and on the metro. Lots of shops and stores nearby too. So stop in and have a brew and marvel that you are in Bucharest and enjoy the moment.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Towering above the city skyline, InterContinental Bucharest is one of the city's favourite international high-rise hotels, a distinction owed to its ideal location, fine appointments and impeccable service. Experience the Club InterContinental Lounge on the 21st floor of the hotel for a memorable stay in a relaxing, private and elegant setting designed to fulfil the expectations of the business travellers. Immerse yourself in the beautifully designed pool, with panoramic city vistas on the 22nd floor. Dine at Corso Brasserie, offering a contemporary Romanian menu and glass walls overlooking Bucharest. For a fine dining experience, try the Modigliani Pasta e Carne, one of the top Italian restaurants in Bucharest.The Old City Center, the Romanian Athenaeum Concert Hall and Cismigiu Gardens are just a few minutes away from the hotel. You’re also within walking distance of Bucharest’s business and shopping districts. Start your Bucharest's itinerary with the amazing city view from your room balcony! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, IHG, Travel Republic (UK), Agoda, HostelWorld, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, 5viajes2012 S.L., Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your InterContinental Bucharest reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Intercontinental Bucharest Hotel Bucharest
- Bucharest Intercontinental