We spent 2 nights at the hotel, immediately following a very severe snow storm in Bucharest in early February.
The hotel is very centrally located and is known by all the taxi drivers. It's an apx. 30 minutes drive from the airport during rush hours (30-40 Lei – be sure to to ask for small bills when you change to Romanian currency at the airport, as taxi drivers in Bucharest carry no small change).
There's a Metro station right by the hotel (Universitate station), which makes travelling in the city safe, cheap and very easy.
We arrived to the hotel at apx. 18:30.
The lobby is beautifully decorated with dark green marble, a waterfall and flowers.
Despite booking a Club room, we had the check-in at the lobby, which wasn't an issue.
As Platinum Ambassador, our Club room was upgraded to a lovely Junior Suite.
While we waited for our luggage to arrive to our room, we explored it a bit.
It was a Junior Suite on the 16th floor, which included a bedroom, a living room, a small balcony, a main bathroom with a wonderful jacuzzi and and extra bathroom with a shower.
All the walls in the room were covered in what seemed to be a velvet-like fabric. Other than having a very nice feeling to it, it gave the room an extra touch.
The bath amenities were the great usual Intercontinental lemon verbena by Agraria and were plentiful.
The room also included 2 sets of HD TV (with countless channels, many of which in English), a work desk, a sofa, minibars and a Nespresso machine with capsules.
Our welcome amenities included a bottle of wine, some mineral water, fruit, 2 drink coupons for the bar and a hand written welcome letter. One could not hope for a nicer welcome!
The only downside to the room was that it was too hot for comfort and the a/c could not be turned off.
The hotel also included a lovely pool, gym and Italian restaurant, which we did not get a chance to use or eat at.
We had our breakfasts at the "Corso" restaurant. The breakfast was very nice indeed, with made to order eggs, waffles and pancakes, fruit, vegetables, cold cuts and cheese. The made to order coffee was absolutely wonderful, too.
We decided to check out the Club lounge on the 22nd floor, as it is so renowned around Bucharest.
Well, we were not disappointed. Far from it.
This proved to be an excellent lounge, with a library, numerous sofas and tables, computers, a great view of Bucharest (including a fun telescope) and an almost endless array of food and dessert spreads.
While the food in the lounge was very nice during the day, it was absolutely stunning during pre-dinner, and included hot dishes such as soup, pasta and meats, salads, desserts and alcohol.
The attendants at the lounge were very nice and professional and were really very eager to assist (they even closed the lounge's door during a noisy party in the nearby hall, in order to keep it quiet).
All in all, the lounge was absolutely brilliant and well worth the price of a Club room.
Bottom line – this is an excellent hotel in Bucharest, centrally located, with a great infrastructure, wonderful staff at the Club lounge and some amazing food.
Make sure you choose this hotel for your next stay in Bucharest!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Towering above the city skyline, InterContinental Bucharest is one of the city's favourite international high-rise hotels, a distinction owed to its ideal location, fine appointments and impeccable service. Experience the Club InterContinental Lounge on the 21st floor of the hotel for a memorable stay in a relaxing, private and elegant setting designed to fulfil the expectations of the business travellers. Immerse yourself in the beautifully designed pool, with panoramic city vistas on the 22nd floor. Dine at Corso Brasserie, offering a contemporary Romanian menu and glass walls overlooking Bucharest. For a fine dining experience, try the Modigliani Pasta e Carne, one of the top Italian restaurants in Bucharest.The Old City Center, the Romanian Athenaeum Concert Hall and Cismigiu Gardens are just a few minutes away from the hotel. You’re also within walking distance of Bucharest’s business and shopping districts. Start your Bucharest's itinerary with the amazing city view from your room balcony! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, IHG, Hotels.com, Odigeo and HostelWorld so you can book your InterContinental Bucharest reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Intercontinental Bucharest Hotel Bucharest
- Bucharest Intercontinental