“What you expect from an IC”

InterContinental Bucharest
Ranked #8 of 168 Hotels in Bucharest
Leeds, United Kingdom
“What you expect from an IC”
Reviewed 12 August 2014 via mobile

Free wifi for those on the rewards plan. Worth signing up just for that!
Location is good and central for the old town. Hotel is very nice and rooms are typical business hotel facilities. Had a balcony with a great view of the city (although the city isn't a great view).
On the whole ideal place to stay when visiting.

• Stayed July 2014
StefanFBucharest, General Manager at InterContinental Bucharest, responded to this review, 14 August 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your rewarding review. I am happy to read that you have found our hotel nice and up to your expectations. Thank you for choosing InterContinental and for recommending us.

I look forward to the opportunity to welcome you back for your next visit in the city of Bucharest.

Bet wishes,

Stefan Frank

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (270)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Tel Aviv District, Israel
Reviewed 9 August 2014

I would like to recopmend on this hotel, the staff are service oriented and very nice
in particular the staff from the bar which made our stay in hotel awsome!
the hotel is veru clean and close to most of the attractions the city can offer

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write an excellent review and indeed for choosing InterContinental Bucharest.
I am absolutely delighted that you would highly recommend our hotel. Thank you for the compliments addressed to my team.

I sincerely hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back in the near future.

Warmest regards,

london
Reviewed 3 August 2014 via mobile

Very traditional IC, good service and great location. Club lounge was excellent- both in service and food.
Unfortunately had a flood in our bathroom at 5 am from a problem in the room above us resulting in a poor nights sleep, then an incident at the gym/ pool (fitness centre guests reserving sun loungers for friends that have not arrived). Staff were good at dealing with the physical threats from a member in the gym, although would not recommend this hotel if you were relying on sun loungers/ relaxing gym experience.

Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank qwertyjim
StefanFBucharest, General Manager at InterContinental Bucharest, responded to this review, 4 August 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your feedback about your recent stay at the InterContinental Bucharest. Please accept my apologises for the inconveniences experienced. Please rest assured that we are taking all the necessary actions to prevent any similar situations in the future. Thank you for all the compliments addressed to the team and for all the recommendations. I am happy that you enjoyed the Club InterContinental Lounge and you found it excellent.

I hope I will have the chance to welcome you back in the near future!

Best wishes,

Istanbul, Turkey
Reviewed 25 July 2014

Overall it was a nice experience. The location is very good. Just in front there is a metro station. Just 5 minutes walk you can reach to old city town. it is very clean and the staff are very kind. Internet is very efficient because they have placed the modem in the room (but I'm not sure if they have it in every room). However, there are some defencies in details especially in the bathroom. they used the best syphon but the worst water taps. so you can not easily adjust the flow of water and the temperature of the water in bath. and the pipes of the sink is probably filled up with dirt because when you wash your hands the water doesn't flow enough so the sink fills with water. to prevent this you should open the tap very slightly..
Anyway as I said the overall comfort is very good. The breakfast is very nice. I advice you to taste mushroom and cheese omelette. best regards.

Room Tip: The room should look at the old city town and top floors (higher than 10)
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank Socif
StefanFBucharest, General Manager at InterContinental Bucharest, responded to this review, 29 July 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your thoughts about your stay at the InterContinental Bucharest. I appreciate all the observations which will be considered for future actions. I am glad that your overall experience was an enjoyable one.

Thank you for all the recommendations. I am happy that you have tried the breakfast omelette. It is really popular.

Looking forward to welcome you back.

All the best,

Reviewed 24 July 2014 via mobile

I spent one night at this hotel in July and I found it amazing. At a close walking distance to the old center, room was comfortable, allowed for smoking, with fruit waiting for me and with a super bed. When you travel a lot it is good to feel like at home. Breakfast is just great, kind people, always with a smile (not always easy!) and helpful to indicate me where I could find a close place in the center for dinner, or help me with the baggage. Fantastic.

Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
StefanFBucharest, General Manager at InterContinental Bucharest, responded to this review, 25 July 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing InterContinental Bucharest for your stay in the city and thank you for your feedback. It is really rewarding to read about your experience. I am happy to see that my team and I could bring you the feeling of being home, here with us. It is great that you found our services fantastic. Thank you for recommending us and for all the praises addressed to my colleagues.

I am looking forward to welcome you back.

All the best,

florida
Reviewed 24 July 2014

We loved our stay in the InterContinental Bucharest. The staff were helpful and friendly and as my husband is a frequent "stayer" at other InterContinental hotels, they upgraded us to a suite with a comfortable bed, beautiful balcony and left wine and fruit in our room. We enjoyed the use of the Club Room which was well worth the upgrade because on a number of nights we didn't even need to go out - the food was sufficient along with free drinks. We also drank at the bar downstairs with the most talented piano player and friendly bar staff. They serve a good drink too. Concierge helped us with a tour with a very knowledgeable guide. All in all we enjoyed our stay immensely.

Room Tip: Pay extra for club room. Unless you plan to go out every meal, it is well worth it.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank sailfisherflorida
Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your experience about the recent stay at the InterContinental Bucharest. It is a pleasure to read your nice words and to find out that you had such an enjoyable stay with us. I am happy to see that you have enjoyed both the Lounge and the bar atmosphere and that you found the hotel with its services, to be a great one.Thank you for all the compliments addressed to the team and thank you for all your recommendations.

Looking forward to your next visit!

Best wishes

Cardiff, United Kingdom
Reviewed 21 July 2014

Stayed at this hotel for two nights for business with a nearby vendor. On arrival at about 12:30am, the receptionist noticed that it was my Birthday (the day before!) and wished me a good day. I mentioned that I had just traveled through 3 airports and 2 flights and he was the first person to have noticed. He said that this was a shame but that in honor of my birthday he would send up some champagne to my room. So, about 10 minutes later I was in my room with my colleague drinking champagne - a really nice touch - see the photo of the card. Little things really make a difference to customer service and means I wont forget my stay there!

Room was very clean, perhaps a little dated but in great condition with a large balcony (complete with a low handrail inducing vertigo - see photo) and good choice of TV channels.

We only used the hotel for breakfast but it was good quality; lots of choice, many breads, cereals, fresh fruit and creamy scrambled eggs which are sometimes difficult to find in big chain hotels.

Hotel arranged car service to/from airport and office was reasonable cost and good quality. Drivers were friendly and used large comfortable Mercedes; recommended when temperatures are >35C.

Overall a good choice if in the area for business and probably OK for tourism too.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
StefanFBucharest, General Manager at InterContinental Bucharest, responded to this review, 24 July 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for the nice words about your stay at the InterContinental Bucharest. I am very happy that my colleagues really made your birthday a memorable one. It is great to read that.
Thank you for recommending us and thank you for choosing InterContinental for your stay in Bucharest!

Looking forward to your next visit!

Best wishes,