“Ideal City break hotel”

Hotel Cismigiu
Ranked #3 of 166 Hotels in Bucharest
“Ideal City break hotel”
Reviewed 12 August 2014

Hotel has a fantastic location very close to all the major attractions. The rooms are enormous. They are in fact apartments. Staff were courteous and helpful at all times. The décor is simple but warm and welcoming. There is parking in the basement. Breakfast is good but not great. It is served in a nice bar adjacent to reception. The entire hotel was spotlessly clean. Hotel has most modern facilities and they all worked. Rate was very good value for this standard of accommodation in a European capital city. Would definitely recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: My room faced the back of the hotel. Rooms facing the busy Blvd Elisabeta Regina may attract some no...
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
5 Thank Thomas F
CatalinBalan, Front Office Manager at Hotel Cismigiu, responded to this review, 5 September 2015
Dear Mr. Thomas,

Thank you very much for choosing Hotel Cismigiu during your recent trip to Bucharest and for sharing your comments with other travelers.
I am very pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay at our property. We very much appreciate your valued comments and personal notes concerning your visit.
I truly hope, we will have the opportunity to welcoming you back again in the future.

Sincerely Yours,
Catalin Balan

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (61)
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Bucharest, Romania
Reviewed 5 August 2014

I spent a year and a half living at the Cismigiu hotel, from Monday to Friday. It was the best decision I could have made. The hotel has the great rooms for long term accommodation, or if you want something over and above for a shorter stay. The design of the rooms, with separate bedroom and living area is ideal and avoids the "hotel room" feel that one gets at other hotels. The location of the hotel is ideal, being close to downtown Bucharest, restaurants and parks. The staff are very professional and helpful. So, if you don't necessarily need a hotel with a pool and spa, but one that gives you spacious rooms, great location and great staff, then Cismigiu is the place to go! The only drawback I would note is that mold in the shower caulking. The management should really replace the caulking to mold resistant.

Room Tip: Rooms facing into the courtyard are quieter, but the view is not great.
5 Thank 007havefun
CatalinBalan, Front Office Manager at Hotel Cismigiu, responded to this review, 3 September 2015
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your lovely review on TripAdvisor about your long term stay at the Hotel Cismigiu Bucharest.

We are delighted to know that you enjoy the location and you had a excellent stay with us.
I'm honored to learn that especially the service provided by our staff members exceeded your expectations. They work exceptionally hard to make every guest feel special and we are proud that you had wonderful memories of your time in Bucharest.
Technical team will take care and solve the issue issue with mold in the shower area.

Thank you so much for staying with us and we hope to see you in the near future.

Kind regards,
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 4 August 2014

I stayed at this hotel for six nights on business, on the recommendation of a local colleague. What a dream! The hotel itself is in a very traditional, old-style architecture building, but inside it has been totally renovated from top to bottom. Everything is new and modern: the furniture, carpeting, fixtures, elevators... everything is new and very comfortable.

The location of the hotel is excellent as well. It's maybe a 5-10 walk from the Old City for a meal or drink (I like the Caru' cu Bere myself), yet situated such that the cab ride to your business will be short. (Mine was ~10 minutes.) Although the street itself is too narrow and busy for a taxi stand, they will happily call a cab for you, and it typically arrives at the front door in just a few minutes.

My room was very comfortable and very clean. Like everything else, the bathroom was new and modern: glass shower, basin sink, and dual flush toilet. They don't seem to provide a washcloth (a 12" by 12" face cloth) by default; I guess that's a North American type of towel. But that's just more of an observation than anything else. The bed was comfy, there's a desk to work at, and the TV has enough English channels that you'll be fine (if you're English only). I know they also have larger suites with a kitchen table, fridge, and stove.

Breakfast is included with your stay, and is provided by the adjoining restaurant next door. They always serve a buffet of breads/pastries, fruits, vegetables, and cheeses. Additionally, you can request cooked eggs however you like (fried, scrambled, several different omelettes) at no additional charge. The restaurant is open for all meals, but I didn't have lunch or dinner there.

Truthfully, I stayed here because my colleague had already booked himself into the hotel and we felt that logistically it would be easier for us to be staying in the same place. But I would happily stay here again... even on my own dime!

Room Tip: Rooms on the broader south side overlook Queen Elizabeth St, and so may get traffic noise. Rooms on...
5 Thank James K
Dear James,

Thank you for taking the time to comment on your recent stay at Hotel Cismigiu Bucharest.
We’ve appreciate your positive notes about the hotel’s location, breakfast, suites, cleanliness and amenities on site.
The team at Hotel Cismigiu works extremely hard to maintain our 4 star status and the most important: guest service and satisfaction.
I will most definitely share your recognition with our team and look forward to welcoming you back soon.

San Rafael, California
common_n_hotel_reviews_1bd8 1,522 helpful votes
Reviewed 28 July 2014

We found this hotel by using the iPhone app while we were at the airport in Bucharest. The taxi drivers didn’t speak much English, we told them that we just wanted to go to town, but they kept asking which hotel, finally we told them we wanted to go to the Grand Hotel Continental because it looked beautiful in the photos and seemed like a good price. We had also considered the Hotel Cismigiu but based on the reviews I was concerned that it was a little far out. It also appeared that way on the Google map. When we pulled up to the Grand Hotel Continental, I asked the driver what he thought of the hotel. He said it was a good hotel but expensive. We had quotes via phone from both the Cismigiu and the Grand, and since the Grand was beautiful on the outside, but not nearly as impressive as the photos, we asked the driver to take us to the Cismigiu instead. He must have thought we were nutty, as our family was actually in 2 cars, and my husband and I were talking via cell phone, so when the 2 taxis pulled up, the other one started to unload, so when my driver told the other driver.. no they now want to go to the Cismigiu, I’m sure they were a bit annoyed but they didn’t show it. They were very gracious. I asked the taxi driver what he thought about the Cismigiu and he said “ It’s new”.

The Cismigiu was only a few blocks farther from the Hotel Grand Continental. Also of note, we passed the Radisson Blu the way to town, and after seeing the building and location, we were very glad we hadn't booked there as it looked ugly and not charming at all. That was another hotel we had considered booking at while we were figuring out where to stay.

When we pulled up along side of the Cismigiu, we were dropped near the pub side that is in adjacent to the hotel. We ate dinner here, and in the morning our breakfast buffet was served here.

Anyway, after being dropped off on the side, we walked around in front. A security guard met us and let us in. He called the hotel manager down. I showed the front desk manager my mobile app on TripAdvisor that showed he had rooms available for the night. It was very late at night, maybe 10:30 PM or so... but he gladly accepted us, and gave us two huge rooms.

The reviews were correct. The rooms were like small apartments. Remodeled and looked brand new! They were extremely spacious with a bedroom plus full living room with sofa and a kitchenette. The bathrooms were large and luxurious with nice amenities.

On top of all that a really nice breakfast buffet, plus eggs cooked to order were prepared. They also made us American mocha coffees.

This was such an amazing value! I hope this hotel hits the #1 spot. It was unbelievably good value all around.

I love finding deals.. as we travel a lot and don’t want to waste a ton of money on hotel rooms. We traveled 4 times in the last 12 months to Europe, last summer in August, then at our Thanksgiving break in November, and again for Christmas / New Year’s break and finally again on this trip in July. I’ve learned that a lot of the smaller, family run hotels offer just as nice or nicer rooms at a fraction of the cost of many of the huge chain hotels. Yes, you might not get the opulent lobby and reception area, but frankly who cares about that? You won’t be hanging out there, you’ll be out sight seeing! At least I hope you will!

This trip in July was our longest at nearly a full month of traveling. This time we visited 8 countries. 6 of them we hadn’t been to before including Romania.

Bucharest had many beautiful buildings, the food was good, and the people were friendly, even though many of them didn’t speak much English. We were able to catch the Hop on Hop Off Tour Bus just up the street from our hotel.

We enjoyed our stay. If you choose this hotel I believe you will feel the same.

One last request, if you found this review helpful would you please click that little button that says so. It just makes me feel better to know that all this typing is not going to waste. Thank you and take care!

Room Tip: It seems that all the rooms are apartment suites. Loved it!
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
21 Thank MelissaBradley
CatalinBalan, Front Office Manager at Hotel Cismigiu, responded to this review, 1 September 2015
Dear Mrs. Bradley,
Thank you for filling out our Tripadvisor survey as we appreciate all of our guests' feedback.
We're enjoyed to see that your stay was unforgettable and that hotel staff was able to go above and beyond to help make that happen
As a valued guest, your opinion is very important to us and we strive to exceed your expectations.
We look forward to having the pleasure of serving you in the future.
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed 19 July 2014

We stayed at the Hotel Cismigiu on our last leg of an Eastern European trip. The week before, we stayed at a 5 star property that was part of a tour package. For the last few night in Bucharest on our own, we wanted a locally owned property.

When we checked-in to this remarkable blend of old and new, we were immediately impressed with the design, the artwork and the service. Once we arrived at our suite (at 85 euros I thought it would be a standard room), I immediately went back to the desk to see if there was a mistake. No mistake! For 85 euros, we had a one-bedroom suite with a gorgeous bathroom, comfortable and stylish furniture and a wonderful view of the old city.

We took advantage of room service just so we could enjoy a quiet night in what seemed to be our pied-à-terre in Bucharest. The next morning we took full advantage of the beautifully outfitted gym overlooking a bright courtyard.

If you are planning a trip to Bucharest and want old world architecture as well as modern deign and conveniences, this is THE place.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
8 Thank dermontl
Thank you for filling out a thorough online Tripadvisor survey, as we appreciate guest feedback.
I am glad to see your stay for one night went well overall.
It sounds like you're happy with the time spent at our property.
You have some great observations, and I do appreciate you taking the time to write about us and hope to have you stay with us again.
Romania
Reviewed 19 July 2014

Loved the hotel and the people I have met there. A very powerful feeling. I was impressed with the beautiful rooms and the friendly staff.
Excellent breakfast and an unforgettable cappuccino.
See you later!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
8 Thank sakurano
CatalinBalan, Front Office Manager at Hotel Cismigiu, responded to this review, 24 October 2014
Dear Valuable Guest,

Greetings from Hotel Cismigiu!

Thank you very much for taking your precious time to share your thoughts and experience on “Trip Advisor” following your recent stay at Hotel Cismigiu Bucharest.

We certainly look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back to Hotel Cismigiu during your next visit to Bucharest, and please do not hesitate to book again.

Your well-being is our concern and we shall provide you our best services at all times.

Front Office Manager
Hotel Cismigiu Bucharest
Reggio Emilia, Italy
Reviewed 9 July 2014

For my first travel to Bucharest I couldn't ask for a better accommodation. Excellent location, hotel recently refurnished, lovely big rooms (apartments) decorated in modern style (and with a very good taste), super clean and quiet. Friendly and professional staff, proficient in English. Everything was as it should be. Highly recommended.

8 Thank Fabio R
CatalinBalan, Front Office Manager at Hotel Cismigiu, responded to this review, 23 October 2014
Dear Mr. Fabio,

Thank you so much for your very nice comment.

We were truly delighted to read how much you enjoyed your visit to the Hotel Cismigiu.
Kindly know that your appreciation means a lot to all the team.
We will be very pleased to welcoming you back at Hotel Cismigiu.

Yours sincerely,