“Best thai restaurant in Bucharest”
Review of Kunnai

Kunnai
Ranked #37 of 1,950 Restaurants in Bucharest
Price range: US$20 - US$50
Cuisines: Thai
Good for: Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Kunnai is a Thai contemporary cuisine retreat in the heart of Bucharest and is conveniently located in Strada Copilului 6, facing a quiet and beautiful children's park. A hidden piece of modern Thailand in the midst of Eastern Europe, Kunnai offers you an intricate variety of Thai dishes, carefully designed and crafted by Anne Ampawan and her Chef Songrit.Kunnai means "Modern Madame", a dynamic designation for today's world. And this is the essence behind Anne Ampawan Kunnai's concept: a unique content of simple yet stunning decoration to accompany your culinary experience and bring you to a Thai journey that you will never forget. Kunnai was designed with the creative support of renowned painter and artist, Aran Chankasem , and the team of StudioQube Bangkok.Together with a fine and carefully selected wine list and a wide selection of tropical drinks, Kunnai embraces traditional Thai cooking and creates a contemporary menu, which allows both Thai food connoisseurs and novice to enjoy an exquisite culinary experience.
Reviewed 20 August 2014

The perfect restaurant to eat if you love thai food.
Tom Yam Soup with Prawns it's amazing the best soup i ever ate, not to mention the curries.
Take my word, for sure the best thai food.

Tommaso S, Owner at Kunnai, responded to this reviewResponded 22 August 2014

Thank you! We can improve the ambient and the service as much as we want but after all...we are waiting for you to eat! Therefore it's very important to get such nice feedback about our food! Come back for more delicious spices!

Reviewed 14 August 2014

When I was visiting Bucharest this last time, some of my very good friends were kind enough to take me to several really great restaurants. This happened to be my absolute favorite.

I was a little hesitant when the words spicy + Thai + Bucharest were put together. Texas version of spicy and Romanian's is quite a bit different. :) And I love spicy. But I was totally wrong. This was probably the best Thai food I've ever had! The spice was perfect too. Even my friends from there who typically don't like spice loved it.

The place was beautiful. The staff was incredibly nice and funny. The portions were quite big. And they were beautifully presented.

I encourage everyone to try this place out. I know I will definitely be coming back on my next trip to Bucharest!

Tommaso S, Owner at Kunnai, responded to this reviewResponded 17 August 2014

Thank you for your very kind words! Making our customers happy is our priority and knowing that our efforts of keeping quality and attention to details are appreciated gives us the motivation for ever better improvements! please do come back for some spicing up!

Reviewed 2 August 2014

Excellent Asian restaurant. Dishes with real spices and flavor of the east. Excellent service and atmosphere. Recommended.

Tommaso S, Owner at Kunnai, responded to this reviewResponded 5 August 2014

Thank you for your kind words. We are glad you appreciated our efforts to keep quality and original taste of Asia! Looking forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed 25 July 2014

Been here last week because of a good friend who kept on praising them. He was right. I took a good friend there who is a connoisseur of asian food in general and loves spicy food also. She was amazed. I was amazed at the food and I don't really fancy spicy food in general.
The service was outstanding, the restaurant is gorgeous and the prices were not as high as I expected.
Be sure to ask about the portions, if we hadn't, we would've had too much food (we had 3 dishes, and we were starving, but barely finished them).
Really recommend the Roasted Duck with red curry + Phad Thai noodles combination

Tommaso S, Owner at Kunnai, responded to this reviewResponded 28 July 2014

Thank you for your kind words. We do care about details and quality of food, service, experience is our ultimate goal. Such feedback is crucial for us and we'll make sure we'll keep up the standards. Please continue supporting us and we look forward to see you soon again.

Reviewed 13 July 2014 via mobile

Really nice restaurant with a sophisticated atmosphere. Food is well balanced, with clear signature of Thai cuisine. Service is one of the best in Bucharest. Highly recommend it!

Tommaso S, Owner at Kunnai, responded to this reviewResponded 15 July 2014

Thank you very much! We put a great emphasis on training our team as we believe service is the key! As well as quality of our food and creative offers for our customers! Do not hesitate to come back and have a chat with us about your preferences!