“Understated excellence!”

Cuisines: Bar
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 19 July 2014 via mobile

My friend and I spent three days in bucharest and three times we went to Origo! The place itself has a beautifully understated design with seats outside in a quiet street very near to the old town.

The coffee is some of the best I've tasted (no exaggeration!) At good prices; I recommend a flat white. We also tried a citronade: an incredible blend of lemon, orange and vanilla essence and believe me, it is not to be missed!

On top of all of this the staff were some of the nicest, kindest people I met in bucharest and they made us feel truly at home.

I have nothing negative to say, I only wish that I will one day be able to return and enjoy Origo again!

1  Thank imsy
There are newer reviews for Origo Coffee Shop

Reviewed 15 July 2014

The place is amazing, set on a remote street, but still in the city centre, hidden by trees. The waiters/bartenders are extremely polite and nice (and handsome too!). The customers are also respectful, beautiful people, but I have to admit, as a coffe-obssesed person, the beverages are average, nothing spectacular even though the offer is pretty large, still none of the probably 4-5 different coffes I had were better that any ordinary coffe shop. Except for that, it's all great. Definetley a nice place to have a drink with some friends.

1  Thank Alexxis13
Reviewed 13 July 2014 via mobile

Been here twice now and I have to say that this coffee shop is the best in Bucharest for a cup of coffee or lemonade. High standards, knowledge, quality and care, these are adjectives to describe this place. They also have a great staff, attentive, nice and service minded. For a cup of coffee, this is worth a detour, no matter what you are going to do or where you are going.

1  Thank Patrik_99999
Reviewed 5 July 2014 via mobile

One of the places to visit when u are in Bucharest. Nice and friendly people, great atmospehere. Awesome location, just a place to visit

Reviewed 17 June 2014

Coffee, people and stories - these are the best in the city's coffee world. No sugar needed! The cream is all there!