“Don't let the look fool you”
Review of Da Lorenzo

Da Lorenzo
Ranked #100 of 2,269 Restaurants in Bucharest
Cuisines: Italian
Reviewed 25 August 2017 via mobile

NOTE: The name has changed

I've been eating pizza for the better part if my life and rarely have I ever seen someone use the perfect topping quantity and quality. The pizzas we tried were Pollo (chicken), and Prosciutto with mushrooms and olives. The food quality was excellent, and so was the service from the waitress. Would recommend!

Date of visit: August 2017

Reviewed 25 August 2017 via mobile

The waitress was very friendly and sweet, and the food was delicious. Would strongly recommend to pay a visit if you're hungry!

Date of visit: August 2017
Reviewed 11 July 2017 via mobile

We wanted to have some delicious food, we just didn't know what exactly to order. We were up and about with our 4 year old daughter, who wanted pizza with salami and fries (the usual mix). My husband wanted a little bit of fish on the pizza, and I just wanted some mussels. The waitress helped woth our tough making decision, and ordered us a custom made pizza, with extra salami and anchovies. The result was really good! There were no leftovers. And just to mention, the mussels were amazing!

Date of visit: June 2017
Reviewed 9 July 2017 via mobile

Getting a decent meal without someone trying to rip you off is rather difficult as a foreigner in the Old Town of Bucharest, particularly when all the well-known establishments tend to be queueing out onto the streets with people trying to get in. However, after deciding against eating anywhere with staff standing outside assuming I spoke English and trying to pressure me inside, I came across this pleasant looking Italian place. It was fairly empty and slightly off one of the main streets, so I wandered inside.

The atmospheric layout is reminiscent of an open-windowed/doored Greek deli on a mediterranean island. Both the young waitress and her manager were friendly and attentive, and they gave me enough time to have a browse through the menu and decide whilst somehow materialising beside me as soon as I needed them. Getting a drink refill later was slightly more difficult though.

I asked for the four cheese pasta, and it took a reasonable amount of time but by no means too long. It was tasty and the portion size was decent; not the best I have ever had but there was nothing wrong with it. The cokes were a little expensive for just a can, but the food was reasonably priced, and the restaurant is certainly one of the better establishments in Old Bucharest.

Date of visit: June 2017
Reviewed 19 April 2017 via mobile

This small restaurant has the best pizza in Romania. The traditional recipt from Napoli can give You the best experience with pizza.

Date of visit: March 2017