“Artistic and Architectural inspired view”

Ibis Bucharest Palatul Parlamentului
Ranked #52 of 170 Hotels in Bucharest
Reviewed 10 August 2014

I should declare before I start that I am not a great fan of the Ibis Group, however my husband is fascinated by big interesting buildings and with the Parliament House right across this was his preferred spot and the price was good. The position is the best thing in this hotel, it's centrally placed, even better than the Marriott and has a great view of the Parliament House and Izvor park.
The parking however is problematic even to just enter the hotel, you cannot park the car and get your bags unloaded out the front without blocking the access, and when you go in the back, you are already in the paid parking area which is very small and also confusing with a coin operated system all badly designed. However as an artist it is very important to travel and see the world (well that is my excuse anyway) to have experiences both good and bad helps with the artistic inspiration both for my artwork and also for the blogs on my website and there are a few funny car park paintings I will just have to paint now :) When we finally got in the hotel things were a little better, our room was actually rather nice. But the lifts were very frustrating having to use the key card which only worked half the time. No coffee or tea facilities or gym and a very small bar area in the foyer. I made good use of the fire escape stairs as my personal gym and managed some 1000 steps up and down as my original plan for an outside walk fell apart with the rain as the hotel did not have any umbrellas to lend me either :( So yet again the Ibis did not shine for us however Bucharest and Romania certainly did as we loved both the town and this country and enjoyed everything else about our stay. After all sometimes you are so busy that the hotel is just a place to have a sleep and as that this worked rather well for us.

Room Tip: Up high and facing the Parliament
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Cristea-Ibis, Manager at Ibis Bucharest Palatul Parlamentului, responded to this reviewResponded 27 August 2014

Dear Marie,

Even if you are not a great fan of Ibis Group, please accept my thanks for the time you spent to leave a comment on TripAdvisor after your stay in our hotel.

I am glad that you and your husband have benefited by our great location in the front of the second largest building in the world, the Parliament House.

I am so sorry to read that you encountered some issues with our parking.

We sincerely hope to offer us another chance to welcome you back in a soon future.

Reviewed 5 August 2014

Myself and 4 other friends spent a total of two nights at Ibis. Clean, fair rate, central location and an above average break-fast for this type of hotel. Could not find any reason to complain nor to praise it.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
Cristea-Ibis, Manager at Ibis Bucharest Palatul Parlamentului, responded to this reviewResponded 8 August 2014

Dear Mr. Moldovan,

I am glad to read from your posted comment on TripAdvisor that we managed to meet your expectations.

Looking forward to having the pleasure to welcome you and your friends back in a soon future,

Kind regards,

Reviewed 4 August 2014

Good value for money in Bucharest. Room was large and clean. I did not like that guests have to pay extra for parking. Breakfast seemed too expensive and I did not take it - you can find better options for breakfast in the area.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Ibis Hotels

Dear Sir,

I am more than glad to find from your review posted on TripAdvisor that you took advantage of our good value for money hotel.

Filling up our guest's expectation is our endeavor, therefore, we sincerely hope to host you back in a soon future.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 3 August 2014 via mobile

I chose the ibis because it was cheap (£31) and what seemed like a good location. Not let down, a 15 minute walk from the airport bus stop to the hotel. Was given a backwards facing room on the 2nd floor but asked and was given a 6th floor king room facing the parliament palace.

The room was fine, expensive water on offer (9liu/bottle - my airport transfer was 8.60!) Shower door leaked a little but no dramas.

Breakfast was plentiful and varied enough to suit most needs.

Overall ibis are probably never in anyones top 10 hotels in the world but perfect for the job it does! Would definitely stay again.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled solo

Dear Sir,

We are more than glad to read from your comment posted on TripAdvisor that you took advantage of our good location, our spacious and clean room and our tasty and varied breakfast as well.

We sincerely hope to host you again in a soon future.

Reviewed 28 July 2014

TLDR;
Good position, semi-clean rooms, overall cheap, free internet
Paid parking.
Horrible trolley/handicapped access, non-smiling/bored stuff in/outside hotel

I stayed there 2 nights when coming/going from Aireport, which is at 40' with no traffic at 4am.

The position is the best thing on this hotel, is centrally placed, even better than Marriott with a nice view to the back of the Parlament House and the Izvor park. But apart of this Ibis chain decided that they dont need to do anything else to improve or maintain the hotel.

The first impression you get is when you enter a hotel, you cannot park the car and let you luggages out in the front without blocking the access, and when you go in the back, you are already in the paid parking area. The back access is not optimized and so small. The same with the front access for handicapped, the ramp has a bad slope and you cannot open the door and pass in the same time. Very badly designed. The main entrance wheel is static. All pedestrian accesses around the hotel are blocked or with difficult access and some even blocked by hotel improvisation parking devices. Horrible impression.

In the exterior elevator the view is blocked by the dirty windows.
I got 2 rooms, both with the back view, which I preferred anyway because I prefer the silence to the view.

The rooms are clean but not superclean. Everytime I removed the sheets there are hairs. The problem with Ibis (and I have a card and seen a lot of them) is that they don't have a very high standard of cleaning. In general the baths are cleaner than the beds, but in the second room that I had there was a smell coming from the pipes and also some reflux (room 309). Carpet room was moldy (see pictures) and the windows opened in one room and not at all in the other.

In general the staff was grumpy and scarce, the front desk was better, I hate to see maintainance workers smoking on the porch even that is 4am, or parking guards giving you suspicious looks. The invoice was written wrong by the front desk even though they had my correct name from Visa card, customer loyalty card and reservation. How is this even possible?

Room Tip: I prefer rooms looking in the back, as they are more silent.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank valugi
Cristea-Ibis, Manager at Ibis Bucharest Palatul Parlamentului, responded to this reviewResponded 30 July 2014

Dear guest,

Thank you for choosing our property during your last stay in Bucharest.

I am not happy to hear that we did not meet your expectations and please accept my apologies.

I can assure you that your comment has been taken into consideration in order to take the appropriate measures.

We really hope that you will give us the opportunity to better serve you in the near future after the renovation that will take place soon.

Reviewed 26 July 2014

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
1  Thank dktravelchat
Reviewed 1 July 2014

If you want to be in the middle of Bucharest and you don't want to pay much this could be a decent option. Just ask for a room with a Casa Poporului view :)
Food of average quality but a little bit too expensive, with a plus for breakfast which has various options.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with Casa Poporului view
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
Cristea-Ibis, Manager at Ibis Bucharest Palatul Parlamentului, responded to this reviewResponded 4 July 2014

Dear Sir,

Thank you for the time you spent to write a comment regarding your stay in our Ibis Palatul Parlamentului during your trip to Bucharest.

I am glad to hear that you made the right choice to get the best position and quality services at the best price.

We would be more than happy to have the chance to hosting you again during your next trip to Bucharest.

Camelia Adriana Cristea