“Highlight of our trip”

and up
Small-Group Hiking Day Trip in Baiului Mountains from Bucharest
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Founded in 2012 by Dan Chitila, full-time tourism guide, Outdoor activities in Romania provides the tourists with all year round trekking tours, visits at cultural objectives, sightseeing in traditional Romanian villages.
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities, Food available for purchase, Activities for older children, Activities for young children
Heidelberg, Germany
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Highlight of our trip”
Reviewed 23 April 2014

My husband and I came to Romania to experience something more unusual than your average trip to Europe since we already live in Heidelberg. At first we were tempted to jump on the vlad the impaler bandwagon but then we saw all the rave reviews for this outdoor activity and went for it. We went with our guide, Dan, to the carpathian mountains starting in cheia and had the most incredible hiking experience - and we are no strangers to hiking, having hiked in the alps. We started out sweating in the forest and ended up being buffeted by the winds walking along the ridge of a mountain-in the snow. Without dan's expert guidance we would never have attempted a trek like that. Now we are in beautiful Budapest but we know already the hike with Dan will remain the highlight of our trip. If you want to get a feel for the wilds of Romania, do your a favour, skip the trip to Bran Castle and go on a Romanian hiking adventure with Dan. You won't regret it! Thanks Dan, you're a fantastic guide!

Visited April 2014
4 Thank Tina S
OutdoorRO, Owner at Outdoor Activities in Romania - Day Tours, responded to this review, 24 April 2014
Dear Tina and Joachim,

I've had a great time with you, in Ciucas. I am so happy to know that you enjoyed the trekking tour.
Hope to see you again soon, on the mountain paths!

Naples, Italy
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 18 helpful votes
“Spectacular scenery an easy day trip from Bucharest”
Reviewed 14 April 2014

For any outdoor enthusiast, hiking in the Carpathians is not to be missed, and Dan is the ideal guide. We chose an itinerary out of Cheia, over Gropsoarele. The village was tranquil and charming, we ascended through woods and fields of spring wildflowers, making our way through striking rock formations and eventually reaching the summit with unbelievable views. It was strenuous but rewarding; we chose our own pace and took numerous photo detours. We were almost sad to come off the mountain, but a pit stop with tasty homemade soup on our way back to Cheia helped. Dan is an excellent and knowledgable guide, and had plenty of interesting information to teach us about the surrounding area. His English is impeccable and prices very reasonable.

3 Thank drdiver79
Agana
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Personalized adventure in the Carpathian Mountains”
Reviewed 13 April 2014

My wife and I recently travelled to Bucharest and wanted to see some of the countryside as well. We came across this attraction on tripadvisor and couldn't have been happier with the results. Taking a trip to Romania was a bit of a "last minute" decision, so we were trying to make arrangements within days of arriving. Dan had answered our inquiry in very short order and had a list of customized options based on what I told him we hoped to experience. We spent an amazing day in the Romanian countryside. Dan was extremely knowledgeable and eager to share his insights, yet was never overbearing. The entire experience from the moment we sent our inquiry to being dropped off at the doorstep of our hotel was excellent...a truly memorable experience! Finally, the rates for this private guided tour were very reasonable.

2 Thank Aric J
Houston, Texas
46 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Hiking Trip of a Lifetime!”
Reviewed 4 April 2014

I joined friends on a hiking trip to Piatra Craialui and thoroughly enjoyed my experience. Our guide, Dan, was excellent!!! He not only spoke excellent English, but I really appreciated how he worked hard to make our hike a great experience. As a professional, Dan was easily able to adjust his plans to better fit the needs of our group such as slowing down the pace when he realized we were tiring, listen to what was important to us and putting that into his plans, and dealing with travel sickness. It was a challenging hike and I would have enjoyed the experience more had I been in better shape (my legs were so sore) but it did leave me wanting another adventure. If you just want a stroll in the park then this is not the trip for you, but otherwise a hike not to be missed! Thank you Dan for a great weekend and a personal challenge conquered. I look forward to my next trip that I know will be just as great if not better.

2 Thank Rachel P
London, United Kingdom
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 16 helpful votes
“When bad luck turned out great”
Reviewed 10 March 2014

I booked a tour before visiting Romania unfortunately on the day there was a mix up in communication on both sides and we missed each other, but like a professional company this is they put me first and selflessly picked me up the following morning and allowed me to see Peles Castle before I had to get back to the airport, it was a huge shame that I missed out on the mountains as they looked stunning, but when I return to Romania in the future I definitely would use them again as I found them very cooperative and professional, unlike the jobsworth security at Peles.

2 Thank Travellerp0et
OutdoorRO, Owner at Outdoor Activities in Romania - Day Tours, responded to this review, 11 March 2014
Hello Daniel and thank you very much for your kind words. It was a pleasure to have you on tour.
I am glad you enjoyed the visit at Peles and the walk around Sinaia.
I hope to see you soon again.