“Amazing trip in Baiului mountains”

Outdoor Activities in Romania
Book In Advance
More Info
and up
Small-Group Hiking Day Trip in Ciucas Mountains...
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Outdoor activities in Romania is a tour operator that provides the tourists with all year round hiking tours, visits at cultural objectives, exploring off the beaten track, authentic rural experiences.
Useful Information: Activities for older children, Bathroom facilities, Food available for purchase, Activities for young children
Reviewed 16 June 2014

I and some friends went on a hiking tour on 8th of June in Baiului Mt. in Romania and it was amazing. We asked Dan from Outdoor Activities in Romania to join us in the trip and it worth it! Dan has been an amazing guide as he was there all the time to support us and show us amazing views. If Dan weren't with us we probably would have picked another route not as spectacular at the one we went.
Dan is a truly devoted to what he’s doing and it was a pleasure having him among us. We laughed a lot and we found many interesting things about the mountains and not only.

We highly recommend Outdoor Activities in Romania!

1  Thank J_Ciprian
"great company"
"fantastic guide"
"an incredible experience"

Reviewed 23 April 2014

My husband and I came to Romania to experience something more unusual than your average trip to Europe since we already live in Heidelberg. At first we were tempted to jump on the vlad the impaler bandwagon but then we saw all the rave reviews for this outdoor activity and went for it. We went with our guide, Dan, to the carpathian mountains starting in cheia and had the most incredible hiking experience - and we are no strangers to hiking, having hiked in the alps. We started out sweating in the forest and ended up being buffeted by the winds walking along the ridge of a mountain-in the snow. Without dan's expert guidance we would never have attempted a trek like that. Now we are in beautiful Budapest but we know already the hike with Dan will remain the highlight of our trip. If you want to get a feel for the wilds of Romania, do your a favour, skip the trip to Bran Castle and go on a Romanian hiking adventure with Dan. You won't regret it! Thanks Dan, you're a fantastic guide!

4  Thank Tina S
OutdoorRO, Owner at Outdoor Activities in Romania, responded to this reviewResponded 24 April 2014

Dear Tina and Joachim,

I've had a great time with you, in Ciucas. I am so happy to know that you enjoyed the trekking tour.
Hope to see you again soon, on the mountain paths!

Reviewed 14 April 2014

For any outdoor enthusiast, hiking in the Carpathians is not to be missed, and Dan is the ideal guide. We chose an itinerary out of Cheia, over Gropsoarele. The village was tranquil and charming, we ascended through woods and fields of spring wildflowers, making our way through striking rock formations and eventually reaching the summit with unbelievable views. It was strenuous but rewarding; we chose our own pace and took numerous photo detours. We were almost sad to come off the mountain, but a pit stop with tasty homemade soup on our way back to Cheia helped. Dan is an excellent and knowledgable guide, and had plenty of interesting information to teach us about the surrounding area. His English is impeccable and prices very reasonable.

3  Thank drdiver79
Reviewed 13 April 2014

My wife and I recently travelled to Bucharest and wanted to see some of the countryside as well. We came across this attraction on tripadvisor and couldn't have been happier with the results. Taking a trip to Romania was a bit of a "last minute" decision, so we were trying to make arrangements within days of arriving. Dan had answered our inquiry in very short order and had a list of customized options based on what I told him we hoped to experience. We spent an amazing day in the Romanian countryside. Dan was extremely knowledgeable and eager to share his insights, yet was never overbearing. The entire experience from the moment we sent our inquiry to being dropped off at the doorstep of our hotel was excellent...a truly memorable experience! Finally, the rates for this private guided tour were very reasonable.

2  Thank Aric J
See more reviews
Reviewed 4 April 2014

I joined friends on a hiking trip to Piatra Craialui and thoroughly enjoyed my experience. Our guide, Dan, was excellent!!! He not only spoke excellent English, but I really appreciated how he worked hard to make our hike a great experience. As a professional, Dan was easily able to adjust his plans to better fit the needs of our group such as slowing down the pace when he realized we were tiring, listen to what was important to us and putting that into his plans, and dealing with travel sickness. It was a challenging hike and I would have enjoyed the experience more had I been in better shape (my legs were so sore) but it did leave me wanting another adventure. If you just want a stroll in the park then this is not the trip for you, but otherwise a hike not to be missed! Thank you Dan for a great weekend and a personal challenge conquered. I look forward to my next trip that I know will be just as great if not better.

2  Thank Rachel P