“Charm & character, plus very good location”
Review of Rembrandt Hotel

Rembrandt Hotel
Ranked #4 of 169 Hotels in Bucharest
Reviewed 24 January 2014

Stayed here four nights – had booked the business class room, king-size bed. This quaint, charming hotel is on a pedestrian street, with plenty of options for dining out all around. The place has character, and isn’t just cookie-cutter boring. Good location. My room was large, comfortable, clean, and attractively furnished, with windows looking out onto the ped. street. (I thought the snack basket was a cute idea, and the lack of refrigerator didn’t bother me at all.) A few things I didn’t care for: I had booked a king bed, but when I go into the room, it was arranged as two twins. When I called down, the front desk informed me housekeeping had left for the day and I would have to wait until the next day to have the beds made into a king. And strange thing – which I’ve never seen at a hotel before, the bottom sheet on each bed was short on the top, leaving roughly 4 inches of bare mattress by where your head and pillow go. Not acceptable. The next morning I was in the room when housekeeping came, and checked that the mattresses were fully covered. Other than that morning, housekeeping never again made the bed. I was shocked walking in each night – the first time I thought it must have been an oversight, but the next night when I got back to the room and saw the bed – again unmade! I’m not sure what that was all about. Other things – a bar of soap in the bathroom would be nice, as there was only liquid soap and no washcloth with which to use it. When I arrived, the hotel looked so welcoming, and smelled gloriously of waffles. Having come from the airport, I was looking forward to getting one (from the little upstairs lounge area). When I put my bags in the room and came down, the girl working in the lounge told me they were closing in 20 or 30 minutes, so no more waffles. Seemed odd since it takes about three minutes to make a waffle. Disappointing after the wonderful aroma. So I left and ate elsewhere. One last thing – I had scheduled the airport pickup. A pony-tailed girl in athletic shoes, jeans, and hooded sweatshirt, holding a hand-scribbled sign with my name met me. She was on time, pleasant to talk with, and a safe driver. If only the sign had been printed out, the whole first impression would’ve been at least a bit more professional. I wondered if I was really going to a youth hostel. Aside from the strange little things, I enjoyed staying at this hotel, and would return. With some improvements in housekeeping and a few little other things here and there, it could be an even more appealing accommodation. (Also odd about the bill in euros/ron – I found a hidden extra charge for the exchange rate difference.) For quaintness and location, Rembrandt is Very Good, but because of the few other areas that need some improvement, it gets one star lower.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business
Write a ReviewReviews (1,000)

Reviewed 23 January 2014

This wonderful, spacious, clean hotel is well placed in the historic district with many of the top sites to visit within walking distance - even the People's Parliament building (previously Ceaucescu's palace).

The mezzanine bar (where breakfast is also served) is well used by many locals, and not too noisy - our room was directly above and we barely heard anything. The staff were very friendly and polite, and free wifi is available.

Do beware the antique hotel lift though, we preferred to use the stairs :-)

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 December 2013 via mobile

We did not know what to expect in Romania,we were surprised and pleased how the staff in our hotel REMBRANDT HOTEL BUCHAREST are helpful, professional , and very welcoming. The location of the hotel is very central, it is close to shops,restaurants, tourist attractions,churches and etc.
It is convenient.It is the best hotel we stayed in Easter Europe.
Our tour guide Toni Christian Tatar was very informative.
ROMA

Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Daisy2226
Reviewed 23 December 2013

My wife and I stayed for 3 nts at the Rembrandt in Dec 2013. Excellent Location great staff large rooms with all the comforts. The breakfast was simple but adequate. The hotel is situated in the middle of the old Town with access to all its wonderful restaurants and bars.
The hotel can arrange transport to and from the airport as well as tours further afield, It also has the Van Gough restaurant and bar next door which is part of the hotel and is excellent,
I will certainly be back in the near future,
jevs1 Wales uk

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
4  Thank jevs01
Reviewed 12 December 2013

I highly recommend the Rembrandt my stay was outstanding. My room was as clean, neat and fully furnished. The in room minibar and snack basket were fully stocked. The breakfast was outstanding with a wide selection to choose food options to choose from.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
2  Thank Robert K
Reviewed 4 December 2013

The Rembrandt is small, simple, without many frills but it's in the middle of old Bucharest, with hundreds of pubs, clubs and restaurants in easy walking distance. The rooms are simply furnished, but comfortable, and have everything you need, including a small refrigerator and minibar. The European style breakfast in the Klein Café is adequate and, if you don't want to explore old Bucharest you can hang out in the Klein Cafe at night and get to know your fellow guests. The hotel employees are very friendly and helpful. They'll arrange cheap airport transfers and tours for you. Toni, at Christian Tours is very capable and helpful. If you figure out what you want to do, he'll find a way to help you do it. I will definitely be back.

Room Tip: The regular, back rooms are plenty big and very quiet, but the beds are rather small. The deluxe roo...
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank WorldwideWanderer57
Reviewed 16 November 2013

By far the most helpful and friendly staff I have encountered in my many years of travel. From the minute I booked online until I was dropped off at the airport, the staff at the Rembrandt were excellent. The hotel is conveniently located in the old city within walking distance of many restaurants and bars. If like me, you do not speak the local language, not to worry as the staff speaks fluent English. When I return to Bucharest, I will definitely return to the Rembrandt. I felt welcome and enjoyed the warm hospitality.

Stayed: November 2013