“Clean and Big”

Ranked #60 of 121 Bucharest B&B and Inns
Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
“Clean and Big”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 April 2013

Lovely hotel with great location. Clean and big enough for our family of 5. We had a 2 bedroom apartment which was very reasonably priced. Stayed there in March 2013 and it snowed. Hotel was warm and dry and paid attention to detail. When we came back for another night at the end of our travels through Romania, they gave us the same room and already had the sofa bed set up for our 5th person.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
  • Hebrew first
Montevideo, Uruguay
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 August 2012

I stayed at this boutique hotel for a month this summer and I was delighted by what it has to offer: central location convenient to all venues of shopping, entertainment and business, yet situated in a quiet residential area tucked away from the large boulevards, in a spacious rooms with high ceilings that you only find in old mansions, free internet service, all daily needs provided for someone who wishes to be able to make simple meals (stove, fridge, dishes, etc), a nice bathroom (hair drier provided), a spacious bedroom with a walk-in closet, good cleaning service and above all excellent service from the always cheerful hotel staff who are multi-lingual.
There is also a resident cat that will adopt you and wait in front of your door in the morning hoping for a saucer of milk.
I have thoroughly enjoyed my stay there despite an unforgiving spell of terribly hot weather when I preferred to stay in enjoying the AC than venture out.
I heartily recommend it for a short or long stay to families as well as business people.
Gabriela Radulescu

• Stayed August 2012, travelled solo
2 Thank gabriela r
Tulsa, Oklahoma, United States
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 June 2012

Room was clean, but it was 94F here and the air conditioning did not work properly. Their cafe was well over 80 everytime I went there for a pre-night out drink. Tended to be soaked before i left. As with every hotel here in Eastern Europe, no one seemed to have an iron or ironing board. Had to use creative ideas to use a pot and stove to iron out work shirts. Everyone here speaks enough English to do what you need. I tried speaking Romanian to them, but I saw a lack in my own native verbal skills here because they switched to English immediately. In general, come to Romania with a decent grasp on the language. Visited numerous establishments where I had to speak a mix of Romanian and English just to order a cappuccino. Beautiful place, beautiful women, but there are some comforts you will have to forgo when u get here. I'll be back here next year. Hopefully the hotel fixes their shortcomings.

Stayed June 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank Ozymandies
London, England
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 February 2012

My flight was cancelled at the last minute due to snow and it was late so I didn't have a lot of time to research somewhere to sleep that evening. I saw the Prince Residence on several websites, it was the deal of the day on Booking.com so I went for it. Although it was the deal of the day it was the same price as many of the other websites. I arrived late and left early so I can't be too specific about the area but I went for a walk and the area seemed nice and safe, quiet but very central. There was a park across the road. check in was easy and the lady was very friendly, she offered a discount on the restaurant. The room itself was fine, nothing like what I'd expected after reading the reviews beforehand. it's nice enough but nothing special. Non descript would be a good way of describing it. the bathroom was lovely. On the plus side the heating was very good, as was the shower and the television had about 88 tv channels. there is a security buzzer that opens the door to get upstairs to the rooms which made my mind wonder what they may be trying to keep out. The hotel offers massage which I did not try out. this place worked out as a stop for one night, I dont think I'd have wanted to stay much longer though. I certainly couldn't complain about the price and it was clean and the staff friendly, there was just something about the place that didn't grab me.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled solo
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 January 2012

The hotel is located in downtown Bucharest, on a little street. Rooms are large,modern, with a kitchen area, big bathroom.Some rooms have beautiful views to the park, others to street. Clean.Kind staff.Every room has own thermostat for temperature control.
Rooms doors need insulation (noise from halls). Small investments needed: parquet repair, removal of small traces of rust from kitchen stove, cleaning the bathroom's sanstone.One of the rooms had not soap in the bathroom, but we received it on request.

Room Tip: Ask for the room with park view.
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank Petroland
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 September 2011

I was supposed to stay here, had already paid for a small apartment but upon arrival they told me my room had been flooded so I had to be relocated... the hotel they sent me to is theAmbasador which is a horrible communist-likehotel, certainly NOT likeThe Prince residence and I had paid the same amaount of money to be downgraded... this is unacceptable!

• Stayed September 2011

Travellers are raving about these Bucharest hotels

Chicago
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 June 2011

My room was very modern with a small kitchen. Parts of the hotel were in process of being remodelled which provided some noise. The location seemed good. Although I did not have time to eat in the restaurant, it seemed inviting.

Room Tip: Get a room in the back
  • Stayed July 2010, travelled solo