Hotel Unique
  • Breakfast included
Minerva Hotel(Bucharest)
  • Restaurant
  • Breakfast included
All reviewspiata romanametro stationevery requestwalking distancefree wifia lovely staydecent breakfastquiet areacold meatsotopeni airportrecommend this hotelyogurtlocation is excellentold townreception staffminute walkclean rooms
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 7 June 2013

I arrived to find that the hotel had a 'technical problemwhich meant there was no room for me. They would not expand on the nature of the problem but I suspect they double booked and as I had obtained a deal on hotels.com, they elected to move me to another hotel. All this despite my attempt to contact the hotel from their website contact form to arrange an airport transfer (to which I received no reply).
They were charming and offered to supply a taxi, but I clearly had no choice. The hotel they put me in was a totally adequate business hotel nearby. Fortunately I did not have fixed plans. Had this been the case, the hotels error could have wrecked one of my four days in Bucharest.
The next day, I returned at 12:30 to find the room was not ready as there was a lat checkout. I was not amused in the least.
I finally got into my room at 3pm. I think they gave me one of their superior rooms and I found a bottle of red wine and an apology awaiting me. This went quite some way to atoning for the problems, though they should never have happened in the first place - and this causes me to downgrade the hotel from Excellent to V Good.
The room I have is beautifully appointed and scrupulously clean. I don't know how old the hotel is, but it has been maintained in almost new state. The bed is large and comfortable, the floor wood with shag pile rugs, with a seating area with two occasional chairs, and a large flat screen TV with a great selection of programmes. For once in a hotel, the work desk is well-placed and totally practical.
The bathroom is perfect, with a shower with massage jets which takes quite some working out (suggest you do this from outside to avoid unexpected results!).
Wifi is totally functional and free.
Breakfast is in a very pleasant downstairs room with a good selection of Euriopean and British options including a very good egg creation.
Location is good, about 5 minutes walk from the Piata Romana. The old town is a a 15 minute subway ride from there. The street the hotel is located on is very quiet.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled solo
Hotel-Unique01, Owner at Hotel Unique, responded to this reviewResponded 17 June 2013

Thank you for being our guest. Unfortunately we did not receive any email from you regarding the transportation from the Airport. We would have proffered to arrange the transfer with our hotel car, because it is much easier for our guest to arrive to the hotel safer and faster. Sorry again for moving to the other hotel in the first day, for real we had a water problem in one room.
I would like to thank for your good and not so good appreciation and to invite you to visit us again while we promise that next time you will find us in better shape with new amenities and better services.
Thank you!
Andreea
Hotel Unique Bucharest
Owner

Reviewed 18 May 2013

It's a small centrally located hotel near the Piata Romania square that has 4 floors and 4 rooms per floor. Fortunately it's small enough to walk up the stairs cause the elevator is just big enough to accommodate 1 person with 2 pieces of luggage. That said, the rooms are a fair size and the washroom was roomy as well. A couple of odd things about the washroom was that it had no toilet paper holder and the shower door opened the wrong direction so it rubbed on the the toilet seat. The mirror was also set a little too far back to provide a ledge. The bed had no top sheet which would not have been a problem if the queen comforter had been a little thicker and wider. Unfortunately, if one person rolled over it left the other pretty exposed. They should have put on a larger comforter or added a sheet on there instead. The breakfast was basic and on the small size but good enough to get you going in the morning. The best part of the hotel was the front desk staff who were always friendly and did everything to help you out. I would stay here again.

Room Tip: Ask for additional comforter if you coming during a cooler season.
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple

Thank you for being our guest and for letting us know what is to improve.
For sure if you would have asked we would have sent to you another blanket - if I understand correct you are referring to a blanket when you write comforter? As a top sheet it is much practical to use a semi bedspread as it is used more for design then for covering. Next time we will prepare for you 2 extra blankets.

Reviewed 3 February 2013

I am so glad I stayed at Hotel Unique while in Bucharest, the hotel staff went above and beyond to make sure I was comfortable and even went to the pharmacy for me to pick up some cough drops for me. I would definitely recommend this, great price, the rooms are very nice and clean, and a very nice breakfast. Wonderful and friendly staff.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Sayjesstolife

Thank you for your visit at Unique Hotel.
We will try to do our best for our guests and to improve our services while we keep on improving amenities and investing. Next time when you come at Unique Hotel we will arrange for you a free upgrade to the Junior Suite which is the only one with bathtub in a relaxing environment and also has a large balcony with panoramic view over the city.
Thank you for your appreciation, our main goal is to satisfy our guests wishes and to make them a comfortable stay.
Andreea
Unique Hotel Bucharest

Reviewed 30 January 2013

Lovely small hotel with friendly helpful staff. Although my stay in Bucharest was short it was very comfortable the hotel, with a large comfortable bed in the well appointed room. My only negative point was that my room only had a shower, it was a very good shower but I would have liked a soak in a bath after a long day walking round Bucharest. Hotel Unique is very centrally located just 5 minutes walk from Piata Romana and all the major attractions are all easily accesible. The buffet still breakfast is served in the bar area. There is no restaurant onsite but plenty of bars and restaurants within a few minutes walk.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank Mark C
Reviewed 26 December 2012 via mobile

Its a lovely centrally located hotel. Great staff, clean and very comfortable rooms. Breakfast was included, it was simple but adequate. Would definitely recommend it to anyone looking for a nice, friendly, safe and clean place to stay while visiting Bucharest.

• Stayed: December 2012