“Average hotel in great location”

Ranked #13 of 166 Hotels in Bucharest
London, United Kingdom
“Average hotel in great location”
Reviewed 27 February 2014

Good location, walking from old town which is the heart of night life. The positives kind of end there.
Negatives - Small rooms with even smaller bathrooms. No wardrobes in the room! Breakfast is very average. The magnetic key fails to function everytime and have to back to the reception to get the key rest. Done that 4 times in 3 days! Staff is not well trained as I was initially offered a complimentary upgrade and after being in the upgraded room for 10 mins, I got a call from the hotel staff that they cannot provide the room free of cost and I've to pay for it to whic I obviously refused. Totally unprofessional. Alright if you are staying for a night or two but not any longer. Not at all a good value for your money

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Matiu_Bianca, Executive Office Assistant at Novotel Bucarest City Centre, responded to this review, 3 March 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing our hotel during your recent stay in Bucharest and for taking the time to share your feedback with the TripAdvisor travelers.

We would be more than glad to have the chance to hosting you again during your next trip to Bucharest and offer you a free upgrade to an apartment.

Despite these inconveniences, I am glad that you enjoyed our central location, close to the main attractions of the city.

Thank you once again for sharing your experience with us and we really hope to welcome you back in our hotel in the near future.

Novotel Bucarest City Centre

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (133)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Lytham St Annes, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 26 February 2014 via mobile

Good location but air conditioning switched off so bedroom far too hot to sleep (no opening windows or ventilation)

As quality of sleep is key thing I want from hotel I would not stay here again - very poor for a four star hotel

Stayed February 2014
1 Thank Buch2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing Novotel during your recent stay in Bucharest and for taking the time to post a review on TripAdvisor.

Your feedback is a valuable tool for us and helps us to improve our product and services provided to our guests. I am very sorry to read that you encountered some problems during your stay with us, but please be assured that your comments had been passed to the top management for their perusal. Regarding the window, we have large windows in all our rooms – however they cannot be opened due to security reasons, this measure being applicable in many hotels all over the world.

Yet, I am glad to read that you enjoyed the location of the hotel in the heart of the city, just a few minutes walk from the main attractions of the city such as Lipscani area (the Old Town), Cismigiu Garden, the National Art Museum and many more.

We sincerely hope to have the pleasure to welcome you back in a soon future.

Timisoara, Romania
Reviewed 23 February 2014

It is a good hotel, located in the city center, near the University of Bucharest and the Athenaeum, close to the Lipscani Street, where you can enjoy a night out. Unfriendly staff at the reception and housekeeping. Despite we discussed about late check out, the keys were blocked at 12. Good food, nice staff at the restaurant. Very clean room, but expensive bar.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Matiu_Bianca, Executive Office Assistant at Novotel Bucarest City Centre, responded to this review, 26 February 2014
Dear Guest,

I am glad to read that you enjoyed the hotel’s central location close to the main attractions of the city, as well as your room and that our restaurant team was showing care and attention.

I am very sorry to read that we did not meet your entire expectations and I apologize for this. Exceeding our guests’ satisfaction is what we strive for and I can assure you that your comments have been taken into consideration and passed to the top management for their perusal. As per you comment regarding the keys, kindly note that in the day of the check out, the system automatically blocks the key at 12:00 o'clock.

Looking forward to welcoming you back soon.

Warsaw, Poland
Reviewed 17 February 2014

Good location in heart of Bucharest, high standard of the rooms which are very clean. The staff professional. Breakfast very various and delicious. Only minus I see in the prices in the bar which are rather expensive but as everything in this city.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
Matiu_Bianca, Executive Office Assistant at Novotel Bucarest City Centre, responded to this review, 18 February 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing our hotel for your recent stay in Bucharest and for sharing your comments with the Tripadvisor travelers.

We are delighted that you found our property so convenient and that you value all our efforts done to make your stay enjoyable.Our team’s possitive and professional attitude, the well-equipped rooms and the varied breakfast buffet are just a few of the strong points that Novotel Bucarest City Centre offers to its guests.
In regards to the bar prices I would like to advise you that we constantly analyze them to ensure that they remain competitive to the other hotels in the city center.

Thank you once again for your feedback and we are looking forward to welcoming you again in Novotel Bucarest City Centre.

limassol
Reviewed 5 February 2014

We took a weekend break from Cyprus. Starting with our collection from the Airport, everything went according to plan. The Hotel was exactly as described by other reviews and I can find no reason for complaint at all. The staff were very efficient and all spoke good English,the Breakfast was very good, we enjoyed a dip in the pool and partook of the Sauna. Printed our boarding passes for the return flight in the Business Centre at no charge. The temperature was a bit of a shock, we left Cyprus with plus 15 and arrived in Bucharest with minus 15 but all in all a very enjoyable stay in a nice and warm centrally located Hotel.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Krishni
Matiu_Bianca, Executive Office Assistant at Novotel Bucarest City Centre, responded to this review, 7 February 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing Novotel during your recent stay in Bucharest and for taking the time to share your review with the TripAdvisor travelers.

Exceeding our guests’ expectations is what we strive for and we are therefore extremely glad to hear that you had a great experience in Novotel Bucarest City Centre. It is a pleasure to read that you found convenient our limo airport transfer services, our Wellness Centre as well as our various breakfast buffet and that our team was showing care and attention.

Gaziantep, Turkey
Reviewed 3 February 2014

The hotel is very clean. The rooms are perfect. Location is the best and if you are in to card games very close casino actually you just take the elavetor down :). I am definetly staying at this hotel when I go back.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Serkan A
Matiu_Bianca, Executive Office Assistant at Novotel Bucarest City Centre, responded to this review, 5 February 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing Novotel during your recent stay in Bucharest and for taking the time to share your nice comments with the TripAdvisor travelers.

Exceeding our guests’ expectations is what we strive for and we are therefore extremely glad to hear that you had a great experience in Novotel Bucarest City Centre. It is a pleasure to read that you enjoyed the hotel’s central location, as well as your comfortable room and the and the on site casino.

Thank you once again for recommending Novotel Bucarest City Centre and looking forward to welcoming you back to our hotel soon.

Hannover, Germany
Reviewed 2 February 2014

I spent a week here on a business trip and was quite happy with it. The hotel room was spacious, functional and had a nice design. In enjoyed having an extra couch in my room as well as a kettle so I could have tea at night.
All staff I met was really friendly and attentive and provided a good service: One day a lamp in my room stopped working, but I didn't report it as it didn't bother me. The other day they had fixed it anyways.

The only thing I would recommed to avoid here is the food. The breakfast buffet costs 21 € which I think is highly overpriced considering the local price level. So I didn't even try it. However, I ordered dinner via room service 3 times. The burger I had was ok, but the other two meals (grilled salmon, Tandoori chicken) were rather disappointing. They sound nice in the menu, but what you get is quite unsatisfying considering what you are paying. I was very happy when I discovered a little bistro nearby ("Biomediterraneo") which had a much better value for money. So I just went there for my dinners instead.

I didn't try the spa, pool or fitness area.

The location is really convenient for visiting the old town and walking to the nearest metro station only takes about 5 minutes.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
Matiu_Bianca, Executive Office Assistant at Novotel Bucarest City Centre, responded to this review, 3 February 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing our hotel during your recent stay in Bucharest and for taking the time to share your comments with the Tripadvisor travelers.

I am delighted to read that you enjoyed our hotel’s location which is indeed very close to the Universitatii square metro station, our team’s possitive and professional attitude,as well as our cozy rooms.

I am very sorry to read that you encountered some issues with the food items, but please rest assured that I already passed your comments to the Food and Beverage team for their perusal. Your feedback is very valuable to us and helps us to improve our product and services provided to our guests. As per your comment regarding the price of the breakfast, I would like to inform you that we constantly analyze them to ensure that they remain competitive to the other hotels in the city center.

Looking forward to having the pleasure to welcoming you again.